Phone call problems, not being heard

Search This thread

Jdom58

Aug 30, 2009
South Florida
Hey folks, just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem and if a fix has been found or if it's an HTC problem with the phone design. This is happening to me frequently and it doesn't matter which ROM I am running, it happens on all of them. Whenever I'm on a call, the person on the other line will complain they cannot hear me (I'll hear them just fine). This will last for anywhere from 2-3 seconds to 15-20 seconds and may happen several times on a call.

Is anyone else having this issue? I've checked the web and there seems to be several discussions and compalints on several HTC forums about this problem but no fix so far, I checked a few pages on this thread and didn't see anything mentioned here so I was wondering if anyone else is affected.

Like i said, I have tried 4-5 different ROMs to see if any gave different results but no luck. So I'm leaning towards it being a hardware or design issue. I really like this phone but if this can't be resolved I guess it's back to Sammy for an S5.

Any input would be great, thanks.

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
Ironically I do t have this issue but I've had it from my wife's iPhone 5s periodically. Have you compared with another phone on same network in Same region? Could be network related. They have apps that measure signal strength, I'd start there to slowly rule out everything until I get to hardware as only possible problem.

Sent from my HTC M8

Reactions: Jdom58

Jdom58

Aug 30, 2009
South Florida
Ironically I do t have this issue but I've had it from my wife's iPhone 5s periodically. Have you compared with another phone on same network in Same region? Could be network related. They have apps that measure signal strength, I'd start there to slowly rule out everything until I get to hardware as only possible problem.

Sent from my HTC M8

Yeah as a matter of fact my wife has the Sony Z1s and has no issues at all with her phone (were both on TMob). When I'm on the phone with her or other family members with different phones and different carriers it happens. The pain in the @SS is it's not 100% all the time so I lean towards a software issue insted of hardware issue so I'm hoping there is some kind of fix coming. If I knew it was a hardware or design flaw this phone would have gone back already.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my HTC M8