SM-G975U/U1 - Firmware Downloads (TMB/SPR/VZW/TMK/U1 Unbranded)

Search This thread

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Downloads:

Tools:

Modified Odin: AFH - credit to @Venom0642
Samsung USB Drivers: AFH

Firmware:

Starting with Bootloader v2 firmware, the S10+ no longer requires specific firmware for each carrier. You can flash any U build, and the phone will load up appropriate carrier "bloat" based on the SIM card inserted. You can still flash U1 firmware in order to have no carrier bloat.

SM-G975U1 Unlocked Firmware:
G975U1UES2BSIE - October 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

SM-G975U Carrier Firmware:
G975USQS2BSI4 - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link
G975USQS2BSIA - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

Old Firmware:

T-Mobile
G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Sprint
G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
G975USQU1ASC8 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD5 on AFH
G975USQU1ASDA on AFH

Verizon
G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Metro by T-Mobile
G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Xfinity Mobile
G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH

AT&T Firmware
Available in this thread, by @iBowToAndroid

U1 Unbranded Firmware
G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
G975U1UEU1ASD3 on AFH
G975U1UEU1ASD5 on AFH
G975U1UEU1ASD8 on AFH

*NOTE* This firmware is free of all carrier bloat, but will also cause you to lose some features, depending on your carrier.
TMO - Advanced Messaging and Video Calling
SPR - Unknown
ATT - VoLTE, WiFi Calling, Advanced Messaging
VZW - Unknown - used to be WiFi Calling, but it has been reported to work on the S10+

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Downloads Moved to Post #2
The Samsung Galaxy S10 series of devices with Snapdragon chipsets are universally compatible with each other's firmware, and can be swapped between Carrier-branded and US unbranded. This thread is for the S10+ and you will find firmware links in the next post.​

Before downloading, please read some important notes:

• You must use a modified version of Odin to flash these firmwares
  • You can update to a newer build of the same carrier firmware and keep your data intact if you use the CSC HOME
  • You must be SIM unlocked if you are trying to use a SIM from a different carrier than you purchased the device from
  • Flashing the U1 Unbranded firmware will remove carrier bloat, but it will NOT affect SIM lock status
  • In order to convert between U and U1 firmware, you MUST factory reset and leave your SIM card in the device after flashing in order for the conversion to be successful

Last edited:

EggNogg421

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry I'm a little new to Samsung firmware flashing. But I have an unlocked Snapdragon S10+ that I'm using on T-Mobile would I be able to flash this update and then been on the T-Mobile variant firmware or will I need to flash something different as this is a small update?

Looking to get all the benefits I can from T-Mobile firmware like advanced messaging that I heard the T-Mobile variants get.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Sorry I'm a little new to Samsung firmware flashing. But I have an unlocked Snapdragon S10+ that I'm using on T-Mobile would I be able to flash this update and then been on the T-Mobile variant firmware or will I need to flash something different as this is a small update?

Looking to get all the benefits I can from T-Mobile firmware like advanced messaging that I heard the T-Mobile variants get.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

You have an S10+ directly from Samsung? Yes, you can flash the T-Mobile firmware and will essentially have a TMO device. You will need to wipe your data in order to convert properly from U1 to U firmware.

bmielke929

Feb 22, 2012
Can you flash the U1 unbranded firmware on a Verizon phone or do you need a U1 firmware for Verizon to remove all the carrier bloatware and restrictions?

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Can you flash the U1 unbranded firmware on a Verizon phone or do you need a U1 firmware for Verizon to remove all the carrier bloatware and restrictions?
U1 can be flashed on all Snapdragon S10+ single SIM models. You will have to factory reset after flashing in order to convert properly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

S10Plus

Mar 11, 2019
I have a verizon SM-G975U. It's unlocked and I use a TMobile sim. Can I simply flash the TMB firmware using odin on the verizon s10+ and it will be branded as Tmobile?

I contacted Samsung and they have not released the BYOD update yet like they have with my S9+, where the firmware automatically updates with whatever sim card is in the phone.

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I have a verizon SM-G975U. It's unlocked and I use a TMobile sim. Can I simply flash the TMB firmware using odin on the verizon s10+ and it will be branded as Tmobile?

I contacted Samsung and they have not released the BYOD update yet like they have with my S9+, where the firmware automatically updates with whatever sim card is in the phone.

Not sure what BYOD update you're referring to. You can flash the U1 firmware and have a phone working on T-Mobile, but without Advanced Messaging and Video Calling from the dialer. Or you can flash the TMO firmware and have all features supported, including the light bloatware included.

S10Plus

Mar 11, 2019
Not sure what BYOD update you're referring to. You can flash the U1 firmware and have a phone working on T-Mobile, but without Advanced Messaging and Video Calling from the dialer. Or you can flash the TMO firmware and have all features supported, including the light bloatware included.

Thanks.

When I change sim cards from one carrier to another carrier, it automatically changes the firmware. It does it on my S9+. Example: I have a verizon sim in my S9+, everything is all verizon, bloatware, startup screen etc. If I put my Tmobile sim in, it changes everything to tmobile, splash screen and all tmobile bloatware and verizon is removed. After looking to see why it does this, it's an update from Samsung that they put out called BYOD (bring your own device.) Only available for s8 and s9 models right now.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078492/

I thought it would have done it on the S10+ but it's not available yet.

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks.

When I change sim cards from one carrier to another carrier, it automatically changes the firmware. It does it on my S9+. Example: I have a verizon sim in my S9+, everything is all verizon, bloatware, startup screen etc. If I put my Tmobile sim in, it changes everything to tmobile, splash screen and all tmobile bloatware and verizon is removed. After looking to see why it does this, it's an update from Samsung that they put out called BYOD (bring your own device.) Only available for s8 and s9 models right now.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078492/

I thought it would have done it on the S10+ but it's not available yet.

Hmm. I'd be surprised if the S10 series don't already support it, and the rep you spoke to was confused. The S8 and Note 9 did it fresh out of the box, verified personally by me when I switched both of my TMO devices to VZW for updates not yet available to TMO.

S10Plus

Mar 11, 2019
Hmm. I'd be surprised if the S10 series don't already support it, and the rep you spoke to was confused. The S8 and Note 9 did it fresh out of the box, verified personally by me when I switched both of my TMO devices to VZW for updates not yet available to TMO.

Nope, it doesn't support it yet. I wish it did but I guess I'll just flash the firmware to TMobile's.

beethoven1854

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You have an S10+ directly from Samsung? Yes, you can flash the T-Mobile firmware and will essentially have a TMO device. You will need to wipe your data in order to convert properly from U1 to U firmware.

I have a question if you don't mind. I just flashed my S10 Plus unlocked U1 version to the AT&T variant of the U version firmware. Right now I am on G975USQU1ASAT. I believe the G975UQU1ASBA is the newest update. I don't see the update on my phone via OTA though. Is it just slower for AT&T or I will need to flash it manually using Odin for all updates going forward?

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I have a question if you don't mind. I just flashed my S10 Plus unlocked U1 version to the AT&T variant of the U version firmware. Right now I am on G975USQU1ASAT. I believe the G975UQU1ASBA is the newest update. I don't see the update on my phone via OTA though. Is it just slower for AT&T or I will need to flash it manually using Odin for all updates going forward?

Do you have VoLTE and WiFi Calling available? If you do not, then AT&T isn't recognizing your IMEI and won't push the OTAs to you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads:

Tools:

Modified Odin: AFH - credit to @Venom0642
    Samsung USB Drivers: AFH

Firmware:

Starting with Bootloader v2 firmware, the S10+ no longer requires specific firmware for each carrier. You can flash any U build, and the phone will load up appropriate carrier "bloat" based on the SIM card inserted. You can still flash U1 firmware in order to have no carrier bloat.

SM-G975U1 Unlocked Firmware:
    G975U1UES2BSIE - October 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

SM-G975U Carrier Firmware:
    G975USQS2BSI4 - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link
    G975USQS2BSIA - September 2019 Patch Level - AFH Link

Old Firmware:

T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Sprint
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASC8 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASDA on AFH

Verizon
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Metro by T-Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD9 on AFH

Xfinity Mobile
    G975USQU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975USQU1ASD7 on AFH

AT&T Firmware
    Available in this thread, by @iBowToAndroid

U1 Unbranded Firmware
    G975USQU1ASBA on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD3 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD5 on AFH
    G975U1UEU1ASD8 on AFH

*NOTE* This firmware is free of all carrier bloat, but will also cause you to lose some features, depending on your carrier.
    TMO - Advanced Messaging and Video Calling
    SPR - Unknown
    ATT - VoLTE, WiFi Calling, Advanced Messaging
    VZW - Unknown - used to be WiFi Calling, but it has been reported to work on the S10+
    Downloads Moved to Post #2
    The Samsung Galaxy S10 series of devices with Snapdragon chipsets are universally compatible with each other's firmware, and can be swapped between Carrier-branded and US unbranded. This thread is for the S10+ and you will find firmware links in the next post.​

Before downloading, please read some important notes:

• You must use a modified version of Odin to flash these firmwares
    • You can update to a newer build of the same carrier firmware and keep your data intact if you use the CSC HOME
    • You must be SIM unlocked if you are trying to use a SIM from a different carrier than you purchased the device from
    • Flashing the U1 Unbranded firmware will remove carrier bloat, but it will NOT affect SIM lock status
    • In order to convert between U and U1 firmware, you MUST factory reset and leave your SIM card in the device after flashing in order for the conversion to be successful
    Beta 5 for U1 boyssss. ZSK9 to ZSKF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qE0PHADrvK1rWet_T7hKxzhJBUHLAthV/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I must say after flashing the ZSKF build, my phone does seem snappier and I have not came across the annoying black screen after a unlock.