[ROM] DI14 Pick-n-Pack 0.2 ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Awesome, thanks!
Great work on this ROM, I'm really looking forward to the next release or whatever else you make available for the Mesmerize! Are there any other must-have mods for this phone that I should know about?

Thanks. I'm always working on something. I've ported a few themes and mods. My favorites are what I have in my signature.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Yeah, I think I installed all those last night. :D
I got the 20sec backlight mod, though.
Is the Voodoo5 kernel in the pick-n-pack or do I need to flash that separately?
I thought I read that it was already in there?

No, the kernel is jt's and is a separate piece but will really improve the performance of the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Elmojo

Dec 9, 2010
I see. I'm not sure why I thought it was already packaged into your ROM.
Can I flash it now or is it one of those overwrite things?

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I think I've already flashed the voodoo ROM. Is there a way to check?

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I think I've already flashed the voodoo ROM. Is there a way to check?

Voodoo is the kernel. There is an easy way to check. If you reboot into recovery and it's red, you have the voodoo kernel installed. If it's blue or green, then you don't have voodoo installed yet. You can flash the kernel still and it won't hurt anything at all.

Some good advice, after installing a voodoo kernel, always remember to disable lagfix any time you are flashing something new or taking a backup.

afritchen

Jul 14, 2010
Madison, WI

If you shut down and boot into recovery (three-button method - the volume rocker - both keys - and the power button), you should have CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery. Text will be red vs. green and there should be a Voodoo option in the menu.

Elmojo

Dec 9, 2010
Yep, red text, I got Voodoo! lol
Thanks to everyone for the kinda assistance.
I'm generally a quick learner, but I need extra help in the beginning. :cool:

EDIT: Oh, one last thing. I noticed with the GenX theme, that some of my apps (the alarm clock in particular) don't display quite right.
I assume that's because of the different fonts used. Is there any way to change that without using a totally different theme?
I'll post a screenshot if you think it will help.

Attachments

• snap20110117_100643.jpg
    snap20110117_100643.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Elmojo

Dec 9, 2010
I think my last question got missed because I edited the earlier post.
Please check above for the screenshot.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Yep, red text, I got Voodoo! lol
Thanks to everyone for the kinda assistance.
I'm generally a quick learner, but I need extra help in the beginning. :cool:

EDIT: Oh, one last thing. I noticed with the GenX theme, that some of my apps (the alarm clock in particular) don't display quite right.
I assume that's because of the different fonts used. Is there any way to change that without using a totally different theme?
I'll post a screenshot if you think it will help.

I think my last question got missed because I edited the earlier post.
Please check above for the screenshot.

Yeah, this has to do with the xml edits and fonts. Possibly new fonts would help if it's an issue, or editing the xml code for the apps affected. In some of the apps it can look pretty cool, but that really looks tacky. lol.. I've never noticed it before, because I just set the alarm and never really worry about it. I'll look at editing the xml code real quick and see what I can come up with.

In the mean time, you can try any of these.

Reactions: Elmojo

Elmojo

Dec 9, 2010
Oh man you rock!
I flashed the AlteHaasGrotesk font pack and everything is lookin' sweet!
Thanks again. How do I go about donating to you?

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Oh man you rock!
I flashed the AlteHaasGrotesk font pack and everything is lookin' sweet!
Thanks again. How do I go about donating to you?

There's a "Donate to me" button under above my avatar on the left, but please don't feel obligated. I haven't really done anything but point you to a few things.

sreister

Dec 26, 2010
Hey, is anyone else running into trouble using this and Beautiful Widgets? It's been force closing and then finally stopped altogether. It's not updating the time at all.Thanks

Elmojo

Dec 9, 2010
My beautiful widgets crashes every now and then, but it was doing it on the stock ROM as well. I think it's an app problem, not a Rom issue.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Fancy Widget is better IMO, and so is froyo. ;D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
I use both Fancy and Beautiful. Each has their pros and cons.
Now that I think about it, they both FC occasionally.
I'm looking forward to the Froyo update next month. :)

I'm enjoying the Froyo leak now. It doesn't stop the problems with Beautiful Widgets, though.

Tortuga1234

Mar 20, 2010
I was having issues with BW and hide it pro. Hide it pro has a audio manager in it and it would force all my calls to come in silent mode even when the phone settings were set at full sound. This all happened after I installed the EA11 leak and went away after I went flash happy with themes and wiped my dalvik. Maybe doing a app restore with a backup app is causing a conflict in memory?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=602414

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DI14_pick-n-pack_0.2 ROM for the Samsung Mesmerize

I have reworked this ROM to make it a little easier to work with. In the 0.2 version, you will be able to flash the main package without any need to add files like in the 0.1 version. As for the removed apk files, they are now flashable either individually or in packs depending on what they are. I felt this would be an easier way to still get what you want but not having to put things together before flashing.

I still recommend that you take a backup before you flash anything. I am not responsible for any damage you do to your phone while flashing any or all parts of this ROM. I also recommend that you download both the ROM and Addons at the same time so that you do not have to wait for a second download after you have already flashed the ROM.

Also, to be clear since there has been confusion, MMS is 100% functional in this ROM because it uses stock MMS, not AOSP.

*****This ROM contains these apps:

ADW Launcher
    Browser
    Camera
    Clock
    Contacts
    Gallery
    Gmail
    GTalk
    Latitude
    Maps
    Market
    MMS
    Music Player
    My Files
    Navigation
    Phone
    Places
    Quick Boot
    ROM Manager
    Settings
    Superuser
    Task Manager
    Titanium Backup
    Video Player
    Voice Search

*****Files in the Addon Packs

AllShare
    BuddiesNow
    Car Cradle
    Daily Briefing
    Days
    Desk Cradle
    Dual Clock
    Email and Yahoo EMail Pack
    Facebook
    Galaxy Help
    Live Wallpaper Pack
    Memo
    Mini Diary
    My Contacts Backup
    MySpace
    Samsung Weather, Stock, Calander Pack
    ThinkFree Office
    Tone Room Deluxe
    Touchwiz Calander, Calculator Pack
    Voice Commands
    Wireless Modem
    Write and Go

*****IF YOU HAVE VOODOO INSTALLED, DISABLE LAGFIX FIRST*****

Download the ROM and Addons. Unzip the Addons and decide which packs you want to flash. Put the ROM and individual Addons on your sdcard and boot into recovery. Flash the ROM first. Then you can flash the Addons individually. When you are done, reboot. If the phone hangs at the boot animation for more than 5 minutes, pull the battery, do three button to get back to recovery and do a data wipe/factory reset. Reboot and things should be fine.

DI14_Pick-n-Pack_0.2.zip: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TFT2TOF0
    MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?3tzqutyxm2ki701

Addons.zip: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8NFAHZV
    MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?msdaa5rhdl2issi
    When I do the backup it says it failed.

I sent you a PM.
    Since I've seen over 200 people look at the page but only 2 download the package, I'm thinking that there's got to be something to the hesitation. Feedback is welcome here, and encouraged. If this is too scary and people want something that they can just flash, throw some ideas out to me. I'm definitely open to suggestions.
    I'm still using this and I have had no issues. I like being able to choose which programs are going to be on my droid, instead of having all or none that I want.
    One thing I do not want to lose or at least be able to find in another app is the SMART ALARM ..

I know... I got used to it in just a couple days. Love the way it sort of eased you awake instead of a full on GET UP.. :p

So question would be. Which apk and dependencies would I need to keep and or anyone know of another app that would give me same with more options.

The dependencies are all there. Just make sure the clock is there and you're golden.