Flip Cover Magnet effect on Spen

Search This thread

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Hi there,

I’m using a Leather Flip cover and recently I noticed exactly where the flipcover locking magnet placed at the right center of the screen the spen is almost inactive around that area. In the attached image you can see I draw horizontal lines towards the edge of the screen and around that area it couldn’t draw line.

Then I keep the locking magnet away and it works perfectly. Any advice how to get ride off this issue. I don’t want to use without the flipcover as it gives a great looks.

Also does the Magnet could damage the phone display in long term use?

Bulbous

Nov 10, 2012
Dubai
Hi there,

I’m using a Leather Flip cover and recently I noticed exactly where the flipcover locking magnet placed at the right center of the screen the spen is almost inactive around that area. In the attached image you can see I draw horizontal lines towards the edge of the screen and around that area it couldn’t draw line.

Then I keep the locking magnet away and it works perfectly. Any advice how to get ride off this issue. I don’t want to use without the flipcover as it gives a great looks.

Also does the Magnet could damage the phone display in long term use?

Some cases do this - some don't. My first one did - very annoying. It interferes with the digitiser.
I don't think that the effect causes permanent damage, but I changed my case just to be sure.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Some cases do this - some don't. My first one did - very annoying. It interferes with the digitiser.
I don't think that the effect causes permanent damage, but I changed my case just to be sure.

Well what I think, if its a magnet near the screen the spen would have problem as i heard somewhere it sends something to the screen so that it works even when not touching the screen, like hover air command etc. The magnet is very tiny but it still effecting. I think all leather flip have magnet to locks so I may need to find another design model.

However on this if i move the locking plate by finger it works fine. I just concerned if the magnet could cause anything on the LCD in long term use. Otherwise its fine, i use the spen very less.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
Wacom's Spen uses a magnetic system. Two magnets = Nope.

Only way to fix that is to get rid of the magnet, or to stop using the Spen and start using a regular stylus. (Disables Spen features.)

As for permanent damage, it shouldn't, but I can't fully guarantee it won't.

Yes this is what I was trying to say. All I needed to know is: is there any way to solve this issue, without sacrificing this flip cover? I really like this design.
Something like if I put something between the magnet and phone which would reduce the magnet effect towards the screen?

Here is my cover and this is the placement of the magnet lock which causing this.

Yes this is what I was trying to say. All I needed to know is: is there any way to solve this issue, without sacrificing this flip cover? I really like this design.
Something like if I put something between the magnet and phone which would reduce the magnet effect towards the screen?

Here is my cover and this is the placement of the magnet lock which causing this.

The image isn't working (something about access denied).

But as for putting something between the magnet and the phone, there's no material that can block a magnetic field.

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
What you can try is one of those blister patches. (the thick silicon ones. They're made by Compeed.) It might provide just enough interference.(and its smooth enough to prevent scratching the screen.)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Hum... I will try one. also I'm thinking there is two magnet, upper and lower part and I can replace the lower one (beside the screen) with a iron metal. Surely that will work and the magnet locking will work as well but the time it will require dont know if i could do it, as i'm always busy with my work.