[ROOT][APP][SUPPORT]SoftKeyZ - Apply and mix Softkeys/Navigation Button themes

Search This thread

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
To all the waiting people: Sorry, but I am not quite finished and I have to do other things now, so not today. *Maybe* tomorrow.

Reactions: Alpha-Wat3rloo

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
I'm not sure what DP means, could you explain that?

Adding transparency is a thing of ROMs, a standalone app can't do that. :(

The DP is the height of the navbar. Some ROMs allow you to mod the DP to 24 or 36 instead of the stock 48 so it doesn't take up as much space. I don't know if an individual app can do that, but it was worth a shot to ask

Sent from my Nexus 4

Aug 13, 2012
At least you didn't leave us wondering. Good luck with everything!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Nethojs29

Oct 27, 2012
Is this working on cm 10.1? I really want to change soft keys

19Max87

Dec 15, 2011
Frankfurt a.M.
Nope. DP means density-independent pixels. 48 DP is around 9mm, which is rather large for the navbar. http://developer.android.com/design/style/metrics-grids.html

I have no clue if an app can even control that though, my guess is not because if so, there would be an app for it already

OK, you got me. Good that this forum teaches me new things day by day.
But isn't it, in the end, to be the same, or do I just misunderstood something in this article?

Last edited:
Reactions: AshtonTS

Qbsti

Sep 15, 2012
so... i downloaded the app from the forum, tried to change the icons, and it rebooted. Now there is no nav bar or status bar, and the app force closes so there is no coming back.. You should write on the forum thread that a backup is needed or you can f*ck up your device. :/ well at least i wish you did write this before i f*cked mine.
EDIT:
I had to reflash the whole rom, but it seems to be working fine now (the rom ofc). But for now, bye bye to this app.

NEXUS 4 running PA

19Max87

Dec 15, 2011
Frankfurt a.M.
so... i downloaded the app from the forum, tried to change the icons, and it rebooted. Now there is no nav bar or status bar, and the app force closes so there is no coming back.. You should write on the forum thread that a backup is needed or you can f*ck up your device. :/ well at least i wish you did write this before i f*cked mine.
EDIT:
I had to reflash the whole rom, but it seems to be working fine now (the rom ofc). But for now, bye bye to this app.

NEXUS 4 running PA

What can I say, the app from the forum worked probably for me, but I think they were be for beta testing.
I instantly purchased the play store version since it got available and it is working like promised!
Go get it for the small amount and you'll be fine and happy with it as I am.
It really worths every penny.
Again big thanks for this, at least from my side!:thumbup:

jtwlbz

Apr 29, 2012
Earth
Nice app though there is down arrow is missing

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Nice app though there is down arrow is missing

As already said, it will be added with next update. I've finished the programm code, but I haven't updated the collection yet.

Unfortunately, I currently don't have that much time to finish the update.

Hotzigetty

Dec 28, 2010
As already said, it will be added with next update. I've finished the programm code, but I haven't updated the collection yet.

Unfortunately, I currently don't have that much time to finish the update.

Take yer time. Could you please add the Facebook style ones (from the htc first?)

Sent from Jupiter

nox01

Maybe you could add a validation that doesn't try to restore the backup if it doesn't exists, I installed this on my N4 and by accident I hit the restore button, but since I didn't changed any icon then the backup was not generated, therefore no status / navigation bars, I did this on the version 6

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Maybe you could add a validation that doesn't try to restore the backup if it doesn't exists, I installed this on my N4 and by accident I hit the restore button, but since I didn't changed any icon then the backup was not generated, therefore no status / navigation bars, I did this on the version 6

Yes, I've fixed that already.

nox01

Awesome, great job, for sure I'll say thanks in the market

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Maybe you already had the idea but it would be great to import icons or maybe let other people create icons for your app, just an idea, thanks.

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Awesome, great job, for sure I'll say thanks in the market

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Maybe you already had the idea but it would be great to import icons or maybe let other people create icons for your app, just an idea, thanks.

That's exactly what I've planned. And what is already implemented. ::cool:

Reactions: 19Max87

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
release 7.0:

• SoftKeyZ can now mod your "keyboard down"- key (all available buttons are at the end of the list)
  • The user interface of SoftKeyZ has been tweaked.
  • You can now import your own images as buttons.
  • SoftKeyZ will check if a backup file exists, before it tries to apply it.
  • Tapping on "Apply Backup" will open a dialog box instead of doing it instantly.
  • Xperia and HTC First buttons have been added.

;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my new app called "SoftKeyZ" what it does is simple: Change and combine different Navigation Buttons on your rooted device.

Please make sure you have the BusyBox installed.

If you like my work, please rate it 5 stars in the PlayStore and consider to support me by buying SoftKeyZ from the PlayStore.

Free apk is available for XDA below

Screenshot2.png

Video Review by oode (yt) and pocketnow.com :

Download Here (PlayStore) | Free apk & Changelog
    Any work on Lollipop support yet?

Work: yes. Results: not yet. I am trying to arrange everything for a release this month.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    AW: [ROOT][APP][BETA TEST]SoftKeyZ - Change and combine Softkeys/Navigation Buttons

Does this app hold any wake locks or have a noticeable impact on battery? Sorry I hate to ask but I'm paranoid about my battery life but I would love to install new softkeys

Sent from my Nexus 4

No, it doesn't. But it needs Root and BusyBox.

Bootloop on xylon. Oh man, what a noob developer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to your nickname, you are 14/15 years old and have never programmed anything yourself and well... You are the noob.

SoftKeyZ Beta

Beta tests will be available here:

SoftKeyZ - BETA tests

First one will start in a few hours.

If you have a stretched back button, join this group :p