Root achieved!

Search This thread

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Damn, my work says "Social Networking" is not permitted.

So it works on the newer firmware? I don't understand though. If the bootloader was encrypted how does this actually work? This means we can use apps that require root but still wouldn't be able to have s-off for flashing kernels and things right?

Last edited:

joe14

Dec 15, 2011
Damn, my work says "Social Networking" is not permitted.

So it works on the newer firmware? I don't understand though. If the bootloader was encrypted how does this actually work? This means we can use apps that require root but still wouldn't be able to have s-off for flashing kernels and things right?

Just for you:
_viperboy_
Thanks to NachoRoot and @TeamAndIRC there is now root on Transformer Prime!! This was on .27 SW, updating to .33 to test as we speak!
20 minutes ago

Reactions: Evo_Shift

rjscott2005

Aug 16, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia
So to translate for the 'older, more prone to senility crowd', can someone explain nachoroot? Is this a person, place, or thing? Please and thank you.

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee
Nachoroot is apparently a program to root the prime. Looks like some guys on twitter created it and have rootedthe prime with it. They tested on .27 and now are testing on .33 which is the latest OTA so we just have to wait and see if it works.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

And now they have apparently been successful with .33, I'd suggest following the twitter of viperboy that's linked a few posts up.

rjscott2005

Aug 16, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks. That's exactly how I interpreted the post but when I googled 'nachoroot' I didn't find anything.
Nachoroot is apparently a program to root the prime. Looks like some guys on twitter created it and have rootedthe prime with it. They tested on .27 and now are testing on .33 which is the latest OTA so we just have to wait and see if it works.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

And now they have apparently been successful with .33, I'd suggest following the twitter of viperboy that's linked a few posts up.

Lock-N-Load

Aug 25, 2010
Under Your Skin
Fair enough, but the greater point still stands - ICS or not - that root took on both versions of the firmware running and that bodes well for future rootness for the Prime.

Cmotion

Jul 5, 2010
TeamAndIRC aka Jcase is the f'ing man... he's done so much for the Android community, he released a detailed explanation of how to root the Thunderbolt (my phone) and now he's rooted the Transformer Prime (my future tab, which is currently on the UPS truck... Hurry up already!) Awesome news!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
So to translate for the 'older, more prone to senility crowd', can someone explain nachoroot? Is this a person, place, or thing? Please and thank you.

NachoRoot is a root for the prime I wrote this morning, I've been asked by a few of the transformer devs to wait on releasing until the 12th, due to a supposed update coming

Side Note:
BurritoRoot is just for the kindle, its not the same as nachoroot (asus) nor tacoroot (htc).

Haro912

Jul 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
NachoRoot is a root for the prime I wrote this morning, I've been asked by a few of the transformer devs to wait on releasing until the 12th, due to a supposed update coming

Side Note:
BurritoRoot is just for the kindle, its not the same as nachoroot (asus) nor tacoroot (htc).
Ahhh jcase I see you followed my link :p Thank you so much for this and thanks to everyone that worked on this with you. :D

Top Liked Posts