[APP]Beer Program for Diamond (G-Sensor)

Search This thread

cgeboers

Jan 8, 2008
Schriek
Diamond Beer 2

Is this what you had in mind for the beer ? :)

A first rough application that simulates drinking. Again not yet as complete as I wanted it to be.

Usage:

Start the program and keep close to your mouth, you don't want to spill the beer ! Next "drink" from your PDA.
Menu -> New Drink refills your glass/PDA.

Any feedback about problems is appreciated !

BTW: usefulness: keeps stress levels down. (Studies show that even the anticipation of a joke can reduce your stress-level by 70 % !)

New version:

DiamondBeer2, which is developed with C++ and does not rely on the .NET CF framework.

Enhancements:
- Beer "label" on your glass.
- multiple types of drinks: "Duvel" is the default, and a root beer (non-alcoholic) for kids :p (shows how "skins" would work).
- Bubbles in the glass ( go always up)
- If you tilt your "glass" to far, the beer empties immediately. (careful, you might get wet)
- Icon in "programs" group is again not visible now

Done:

- added "foam" (not for all drinks). I could use some artistic help here, because I need a texture which allows me to draw foam without "lines" in it. This is the first rough graphic, I am working on improving the algorithm.
- added "glass" again. Still not optimal, maybe better when I convert the application to OpenGL ES
- uses full-screen mode. Tap on the screen to get the menu back
- better algorithms for flow of beer and foam. I got the rough ideas now, just need to work them out. I think I have a better version already, but I am still not satisfied.
- Foam gets smaller the longer the beer is standing still

<b>Still todo:</b>
- Use a better particle engine for the bubbles.
- Get better colors, especially the B-C does look terrible. (checkout what B-C stands for)
- Add sound (any pointers to examples are appreciated).
- better artistic images.
- User managed drinks.
- Implement "shaking" so foam gets increased.
- Save settings
- User setting for "drink-rate" (saved for next start)

Help needed:
- Pointer to "blending" code examples for drawing the glass
- Texture for foam and/or beer (maybe even brown or red ales ?)
- Other help needed: how can I detect that the PDA is shaken ?

Future enhancements I am thinking about:

- Adding ice-cubes for some drinks (and no ... never for beer :D)

Important:

If you like my applications, consider a donation to Koushik.
After all it is thanks to his (and the many other developers) work and readiness to share it that I can write these programs. I (currently) still get enough satisfaction in writing these programs.

Attachments

• Duvel.jpg
    Duvel.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 4,836
  • RootBeer.jpg
    RootBeer.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 13,450
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 3,936
  • DiamondBeer2Installer-v0_1.cab
    887.9 KB · Views: 32,491
Last edited:

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Wow .. I was expecting the lame IPhone video just made over like a cab install .. but this it Fu*!ing cool .. hehehe

I can see where this could go, have some more bubbles and maybe ( ok now i mybe thinking to much ) but have the camera in the background, so its like transparent??

Cool app, kicks 'IPhone video' Ass!!

LeeFusZ

Jul 4, 2008

A first rough application that simulates drinking. Again not yet as complete as I wanted it to be. It is written with C# and uses .net CF 3.5, so make sure you have that installed.

Usage:

Start the program and keep close to your mouth, you don't want to spill the beer ! Next "drink" from your PDA.

Things to do:
- Use GDI+ to create transparent images (any pointers to examples are appreciated)
- Make multiple "beers"
- Allow user installed skins
- Fix icon - have not found yet where I need to specify it so that it shows up in the "programs" group.
- Add sound ?

BTW: usefulness: keeps stress levels down. (Studies show that even the anticipation of a joke can reduce your stress-level by 70 % !)

Works great!:D

But its not so detailed, like the Iphone. :p

JanDaMan

Jun 17, 2008
London

A first rough application that simulates drinking. Again not yet as complete as I wanted it to be. It is written with C# and uses .net CF 3.5, so make sure you have that installed.

Usage:

Things to do:
- Use GDI+ to create transparent images (any pointers to examples are appreciated)
- Make multiple "beers"
- Allow user installed skins
- Fix icon - have not found yet where I need to specify it so that it shows up in the "programs" group.
- Add sound ?

Hey not bad man good work, just need to get the graphics up to the standard of the ibeer app now - also i noticed that when the phone is tilted too much (like upside down) the beer goes back to thinking is flat on a table lol, it should just flow out faster tho.

jsmith_00

Jul 17, 2008
help cannot run

help i have downloaded this program and want to use it but it says my "mirosoft .net version is out of date"

please help

teddyen66

Sep 20, 2005
i will make it for you guys but it wont look that pritty at least to start off as i dont have much time for it right now (work/uni) expect it in 1-2 weeks

im also making a Flow type game and i have already made 2 testing apps (a ball simulator using the g-sen and a magic 8 ball app where you can shake the diamond)

please donate as then i can mabey work a few less hours and actually make the apps im makeing a bit better cos ill have a bit more time..
Donate Here

I would love to try your apps :)
And who knows, I might donate ;-)

lordcoffee

Sep 15, 2007
Frankfurt
www.taeglichanders.de
Hi! Nice but a bit slow. Beer is a bit more liquid. If you like (I'm good in graphic stuff) I can create some images for the beer. What filetype do you need? I think .png for the foam and ma ybe an animated .gif for the beer itself with bubbles raising? What also would be nice if you shake the phone the foam could grow, possible?

Greetings, lordcoffee
(by the way... "hooray, my first post in this forum")

Sergio PC

Jun 30, 2008
Santiago
www.bulldogs.cl
Trying right now!:)

UPDATE:

Kick ASS!!!!! Thanks.
Friday im researching how beer works!!
Im drinking in the name of research for the Jewel FRIDAY!:D
Cheers bradas!

Last edited:

SOLSchweiz

Feb 11, 2008
would be cool to see a glas and that you can choose which beer, Guiness, Heineken, Grolsch, Bud, Eichhof etc...

Nuri58

Jul 16, 2008
svenss there is no ibeer app for the iphone, its just a lame trick, its just a pre-recorded video of bear, and what you do is sync the video on your iphone through itunes and then its all about timing, you just have to remember when the bear poures out, you run the video using the iphone and tilt it just at the right time, it does not make use of the g-sensor/accelerometer at all, its just a simple stupid video.

But im sure an app can be developed that can trully utilise the g-sensor but that would be a waste of time for developers as it would only be amusing for a day or two, your better of just downloading the video, convert it to something windows mobile can play.
I think you can download it and put it on the iPhone or iPod Touch - it's available from hottricks.

JanDaMan

Jun 17, 2008
London
svenss there is no ibeer app for the iphone, its just a lame trick, its just a pre-recorded video of bear, and what you do is sync the video on your iphone through itunes and then its all about timing, you just have to remember when the bear poures out, you run the video using the iphone and tilt it just at the right time, it does not make use of the g-sensor/accelerometer at all, its just a simple stupid video.

But im sure an app can be developed that can trully utilise the g-sensor but that would be a waste of time for developers as it would only be amusing for a day or two, your better of just downloading the video, convert it to something windows mobile can play.

this is incorrect btw, there is an ibeer app (and an iMilk) for the iphone that DOES use the G-sensor (its pretty cool). there are also video type versions of this app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yet an other version

Here is a new version, which tackles the bugs mentioned earlier. New features are in the configuration screen.

Icecube behavior is better, but still simplistic when the drink is empty.

Should also work for the Omnia, but you still might need to copy the libgles_cm.dll file.

A first rough application that simulates drinking. Again not yet as complete as I wanted it to be.

Usage:

New version:

DiamondBeer2, which is developed with C++ and does not rely on the .NET CF framework.

Enhancements:
    - Beer "label" on your glass.
    - multiple types of drinks: "Duvel" is the default, and a root beer (non-alcoholic) for kids :p (shows how "skins" would work).
    - Bubbles in the glass ( go always up)
    - If you tilt your "glass" to far, the beer empties immediately. (careful, you might get wet)
    - Icon in "programs" group is again not visible now

Done:

- added "foam" (not for all drinks). I could use some artistic help here, because I need a texture which allows me to draw foam without "lines" in it. This is the first rough graphic, I am working on improving the algorithm.
    - added "glass" again. Still not optimal, maybe better when I convert the application to OpenGL ES
    - uses full-screen mode. Tap on the screen to get the menu back
    - better algorithms for flow of beer and foam. I got the rough ideas now, just need to work them out. I think I have a better version already, but I am still not satisfied.
    - Foam gets smaller the longer the beer is standing still

<b>Still todo:</b>
    - Use a better particle engine for the bubbles.
    - Get better colors, especially the B-C does look terrible. (checkout what B-C stands for)
    - Add sound (any pointers to examples are appreciated).
    - better artistic images.
    - User managed drinks.
    - Implement "shaking" so foam gets increased.
    - Save settings
    - User setting for "drink-rate" (saved for next start)

Help needed:
    - Pointer to "blending" code examples for drawing the glass
    - Texture for foam and/or beer (maybe even brown or red ales ?)
    - Other help needed: how can I detect that the PDA is shaken ?

Future enhancements I am thinking about:

- Adding ice-cubes for some drinks (and no ... never for beer :D)

Important:

If you like my applications, consider a donation to Koushik.
    After all it is thanks to his (and the many other developers) work and readiness to share it that I can write these programs. I (currently) still get enough satisfaction in writing these programs.

Great one:D
    Thanks,