How do I root a13 zeepad 7.0 tablet?

Search This thread

Baoish

Sep 18, 2012
I tried searching on the forum for a13 allwinners zeepad 7.0 but can't find anything.
I bought this from amazon,

Android version:

Model number:

A13MID

Kernel Version: 3.0.8

Can someone help me root this tablet?

meskes

Feb 7, 2012
Tucson
Zeepad comes rooted already, at least mine did...install superuser from market and any app that needs root permission, if your able to grant such permissions your rooted. Sorry i cant remember the command for adb or terminal emulator to get this answer quicker...

My daughter just got one of these devices for Christmas, as well. I saw this post as well and thought "Great, I don't have to do the part" so, I installed SuperUser, when I went to update the su binary, which was shown as "Legacy" it got all the way to where it needs to remount the / file system as rw, and to my surprise, it wont remount. Another thing I noticed was that even though it does have su installed, I can't get to the point to where the app even asks for root permission. I tried to update Busybox, as well, and it wouldn't let me even do that... The version which is installed to the tablet appears to be 1.18, but when SuperUser goes to update the su binary it reports back as being the same as the installed version, which I know for a fact that it is not. So while I do in fact have root, it seems to only be a partial root. Anyone willing to throw around some ideas as to where I can go from here to A) get the / file system to remount rw, and B) get SuperUser, an updated su binary and an updated Busybox installed so that I can a full root going and get down to business to installing CWM and CM10 installed and running on here for her.

Any help would be appreciated,

Matt

MikeG_MG56

Jan 14, 2013
Yes there is A Solution To This Via A Simple App

My daughter just got one of these devices for Christmas, as well. I saw this post as well and thought "Great, I don't have to do the part" so, I installed SuperUser, when I went to update the su binary, which was shown as "Legacy" it got all the way to where it needs to remount the / file system as rw, and to my surprise, it wont remount. Another thing I noticed was that even though it does have su installed, I can't get to the point to where the app even asks for root permission. I tried to update Busybox, as well, and it wouldn't let me even do that... The version which is installed to the tablet appears to be 1.18, but when SuperUser goes to update the su binary it reports back as being the same as the installed version, which I know for a fact that it is not. So while I do in fact have root, it seems to only be a partial root. Anyone willing to throw around some ideas as to where I can go from here to A) get the / file system to remount rw, and B) get SuperUser, an updated su binary and an updated Busybox installed so that I can a full root going and get down to business to installing CWM and CM10 installed and running on here for her.

Matt

all zeepads come prerooted and shouldnt block u from updating or to have root access (download root checker) from market
Ur Binarys Should Still Update And Say Current If U Download New Binary Just Wont Show Up Till Reboot
If u Want To Stop This Error While Not Having To Reboot Everytime

Ya This IS Annoying to Do Everytime But Simple solution
THis Proplem IS Do To The Tablet Having A Stock Kernel That Doesnt Allow System Read/Write Access
This Is Why SuperUser Fails Cause It Needs Write Access To The Devices File System...(system/xbin/su)
Which means to Remount system after updating to take Affect And Most Stock Devices Do Not Allow This
so if u updated and it said current version ur ok this is to prevent anymore errors in the future
superuser can have different error witch mean different things just cuz u get one doesnt mean
they didnt take affect but remount of system is the most common error check superuser faq :D

1.Download Mount System R/W App From PlayStore And Install And Open.
2 .Allow Root Access To The App Then Select Mount System R/W Button
3. Press Home Button And Navigate To SuperUser App And Then Try Updating Binary
This Method Should Work For You
Hope This Works For You

As for cwm and cm9/cm10 it depends if u have a8 or a10 device a13 are not yet supported

Last edited:

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
all zeepads come prerooted and shouldnt block u from updating or to have root access (download root checker) from market
Ur Binarys Should Still Update And Say Current If U Download New Binary Just Wont Show Up Till Reboot

THis Proplem IS Do To The Tablet Having A Stock Kernel That Doesnt Allow System Read/Write Access
This Is Why SuperUser Fails Cause It Needs Write Access To The Devices File System...(system/xbin/su)
Which means to Remount system after updating to take Affect And Most Stock Devices Do Not Allow This
so if u updated and it said current version ur ok this is to prevent anymore errors in the future
superuser can have different error witch mean different things just cuz u get one doesnt mean
they didnt take affect but remount of system is the most common error check superuser faq :D

Hope This Works For You

As for cwm and cm9/cm10 it depends if u have a8 or a10 device a13 are not yet supported
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I got the a13 and was wondering if anyone was making a cm9/cm10 rom for it as well. I have the a13. I tried to Google and can't find any info about any custom roms for this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes there is A Solution To This Via A Simple App

Matt

Hope This Works For You