[Solved] Fix the dreaded perfect SPL.

Search This thread

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
Ok so it looks like SPL-On/Off is tied to the board not the nbh. we obtained a vodaphone nbh that was newer then the mytouch nbh, with the spl .007. It flashed fine with a gold card, however i still have spl on, and i cannot downgrade to the mytouch because the version is older.

Damn so you got it flash????

I knew it!!! Can you post some more details and link to the file please.

Can you post your current SPL..

Try using the haykuro's SPL and Root procedure now...

Last edited:

aron7awol

Jan 26, 2006
NBH not allowed? What is the exact error you are getting?

Without the gold card:
"Model ID incorrect. Update Fail !"

With the gold card:
"Main Version is older! Update Fail !"

Gold card is definitely working to bypass Model ID check. We can only flash a ROM with a MainVer > 1.88.151.1

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
Is it the ROM or the SPL that causes the the version older error?

Looks like this 0007 SPL from vodaphone flashed... anyone has any info on it????

aron7awol

Jan 26, 2006
Is it the ROM or the SPL that causes the the version older error?

Looks like this 0007 SPL from vodaphone flashed... anyone has any info on it????

It is complaining about the MainVer of the ROM. This version check is not controlled by the SPL. It appears to be tied to the device itself.

The .0007 SPL is also perfect. This is not a solution. We still need a different SPL.

c_low29

Mar 28, 2009
Miami, FL
so what do you guys think about this anyways is it worth holding on to the phone or would it be safe to say return it until further notice? Not trying to hurry anyone at all I appreciate the efforts just needed someone elses opinion.

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Without the gold card:
"Model ID incorrect. Update Fail !"

With the gold card:
"Main Version is older! Update Fail !"

Gold card is definitely working to bypass Model ID check. We can only flash a ROM with a MainVer > 1.88.151.1

What about changing version #s with a hex editor? Yes it seems just too easy, but sometimes these are the solutions that work. I guess this won't be of much good if we can't flash the spl though.

zambezy

Oct 8, 2008
That was my suggestion but I was told its not going to work. I don't have gold card so I can't try it. I would suggest using the original ion 0004 SPL and changing the version to 0007 or higher.

K

korndub

That was my suggestion but I was told its not going to work. I don't have gold card so I can't try it. I would suggest using the original ion 0004 SPL and changing the version to 0007 or higher.
it wont work because once you modify it, it is no longer signed.. you can make a gold card, the tutorial is in this thread....

htciscrap

Aug 8, 2009
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem isnt solved yet for ROM version 2.53.707.2 with hboot 1.33.0010 :(

Jul 12, 2009
Delhi
I really appreciate the efforts put in by xda developers for the community.
But the current solution is not working for Indian HTC Magic with SPL 1.33.0010 and Build number 2.16.720.2.

I had seen some people from sweden ,and portugal also reporting such issues where they have problems with :
HBOOT-1.33.00010 and Buildnumber: 2.17.401.2 146733 CL#42748 release-keys.

All of us are getting following issue:
"Main Version is older!
Update Fail!"

Under such circumstances, are we going to reopen this thread or open a new thread to fix this issue?

K

korndub

you will just need to find an image that the phone will allow we tried several before the winner was found.

smartwild

Oct 11, 2007
we dont even know if such image exists. we have been waiting for so long and yet still there is no root and we are the ones that are badly in need of a root as there is no android market on our devices. My touch ppl are so luck , they harldly even waited.

The wait continues for HBOOT-1.33.00010

lesjaw

Jun 3, 2008
Yes, i can confirm it too..have tried 2 HTC Magic for Indonesia...
this method didn't work...

we absolutly need another SAPPIMG.zip.....

this thread should be reopen...

mpmilestogo

Aug 9, 2009
Union City California
we dont even know if such image exists. we have been waiting for so long and yet still there is no root and we are the ones that are badly in need of a root as there is no android market on our devices. My touch ppl are so luck , they harldly even waited.

The wait continues for HBOOT-1.33.00010

Rather than wait, I just ordered an unlocked HTC Hero from the states. I did get an interesting email from HTC support and I quote below:

As per your mail,we understand that you want to know about Google map and Android marketing software in HTC Magic.
We would like to inform you that Android market and Google map software’s are not available in HTC Magic device.
“HTC” is working on this.

By working one could infer anything; but I choose the optimistic view :)