Cannot connect to cell network

Search This thread

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Hi, I have problems to regiister on my carriers network. My Z Ultra can see all available networks but refuses to connect toany of them. I tried several different ROMS without success. I also took out the SIMcard and put it into an old phone (no smartphone) and with that it connected instamntly. My carrier told me to wait but I´m reaklly fed up with waiting. Does anbybody have a clue what might be the issue here?

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
Hi, I have problems to regiister on my carriers network. My Z Ultra can see all available networks but refuses to connect toany of them. I tried several different ROMS without success. I also took out the SIMcard and put it into an old phone (no smartphone) and with that it connected instamntly. My carrier told me to wait but I´m reaklly fed up with waiting. Does anbybody have a clue what might be the issue here?

Do you have an IMEI number?

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Have

I bought this phone recently and i beleive tthat the imei number is on one of the receipts. However could you perhaps tell me a way of finding IMEI without hazzle..? I scarefully start to grasp that this might be an IMEI issue of which i have no clues or experience. I+m fammiliar with adb and rooting though. What is your advice?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I bought this phone recently and i beleive tthat the imei number is on one of the receipts. However could you perhaps tell me a way of finding IMEI without hazzle..? I scarefully start to grasp that this might be an IMEI issue of which i have no clues or experience. I+m fammiliar with adb and rooting though. What is your advice?

Open the dialer and enter *#06#. A new window with a bunch of numbers should pop up. If it says "0" or "0000", your IMEI is gone, and we'll take it from there.

Note: Do not post your IMEI here.

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Code Zero

OK you are right i surely mesed something up because all i get from that code is a hole bunch of zeros. Would be happy for rfurther advive.

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
I see, so i'm assuming that you've been on 290 and then downgraded to 257 or 532? If yes, that's why you've lost your IMEI. You can easily fix this by updating to 290 again, or flash NUT's 532 version in Flashtool.

NUTS 532 sounds interesting. Does it have support for init.d and so on?
Can i flash cwm to boot after? My aim is to become on latest stock but rooted. Why? Is because i purchased a sony original miracast device and i would like that to work...

Suggest?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
NUTS 532 sounds interesting. Does it have support for init.d and so on?
Can i flash cwm to boot after? My aim is to become on latest stock but rooted. Why? Is because i purchased a sony original miracast device and i would like that to work...

Suggest?

Yup, it supports init.d.

It has dual-recovery installed as default, so you can either flash that one and stay fully rooted on 532 (with IMEI), or you can jump straight to 290, but then you'll have to flash it in Flashtool (so you get the latest baseband), and you'll have to root it yourself and install recovery.

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Reason

Yup, it supports init.d.

It has dual-recovery installed as default, so you can either flash that one and stay fully rooted on 532 (with IMEI), or you can jump straight to 290, but then you'll have to flash it in Flashtool (so you get the latest baseband), and you'll have to root it yourself and install recovery.

I beleive i messed it up while flasshing different roms and so son. But still my main goal right now is to be able to use ther miracast. Do you think it would work on the 532?

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Miracast

There has been several issues on miracast. Many people seeem to have failed to get it working. Maybe Sony has fixed that in Kitkat i dont knowe. But thge 532 is jellybean right?

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
I have Miracast working on .136

It never worked on prior firmware - don't know if that was the tv's fault or the phone.

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Sitting duck again

I tried flashing the NUT 532 and all seemed ok until i power the device up. I get thousands of force close to the system ui. Practically rendered my ZU useless. Does anybody recognize this issue? I tried a factory reset as my hands had to dance in order to reset it. Right now i dont know what fw oi am on but as i said the phone is uselesss.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I tried flashing the NUT 532 and all seemed ok until i power the device up. I get thousands of force close to the system ui. Practically rendered my ZU useless. Does anybody recognize this issue? I tried a factory reset as my hands had to dance in order to reset it. Right now i dont know what fw oi am on but as i said the phone is uselesss.

Did you do a full wipe after flashing? If not, you should've done that. Also, no reason to panic. I understand why you might be, and i've been in much worse situations than this a couple of times, but it's nothing we can't solve. It takes some effort to hard brick a Sony. It just depends on how far you're willing to go to get it up and running. The easiest way would be to just flash 290 in Flashtool and be done with it. That way you'll have a fully funtional phone again with IMEI, and you can do the rooting later on when you have a system that's actually functioning correctly. Get your stress levels down again and root and what not when you have full control over your phone again :)

I'm in Norway btw, so since we're in the same time zone, i can help you out tomorrow after school/work if you need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: magnusaaa

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Did you do a full wipe after flashing? If not, you should've done that. Also, no reason to panic. I understand why you might be, and i've been in much worse situations than this a couple of times, but it's nothing we can't solve. It takes some effort to hard brick a Sony. It just depends on how far you're willing to go to get it up and running. The easiest way would be to just flash 290 in Flashtool and be done with it. That way you'll have a fully funtional phone again with IMEI, and you can do the rooting later on when you have a system that's actually functioning correctly. Get your stress levels down again and root and what not when you have full control over your phone again :)

I'm in Norway btw, so since we're in the same time zone, i can help you out tomorrow after school/work if you need it.

What I would do is do a flash of the FTF in my guide on downgrading the ZU/recoverinf the IMEI (parse be to [NUT]) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593918

That should give you a clean stock sony .532 firmware ready to root. To root use Bin4ry's tool linked in LordManhatton's guide, then run through the steps in [NUT]'s .290 locked BL ROM thread and the his .136 locked BL thread. This has to be done in order if you are keeping a locked BL all the way through.

Reactions: magnusaaa

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
THNX

I am very thankful, for your guide and assistance. I am back on stock 532. Is it possible to flash another kernel/boot since this 532 sems to be without root and reovery. All tother things are back though. I cant find te thanks button. Where is that here on xda..?

magnusaaa

Sep 5, 2011
Could i jjust write fastboot flash boot and then the actual boot.img? So that i can root it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I beleive i messed it up while flasshing different roms and so son. But still my main goal right now is to be able to use ther miracast. Do you think it would work on the 532?

I don't use Miracast, but i can't see why it shouldn't work? Does it require a special feature on Android 4.3?
    Ok i gather that you recommend that i flash the 532 ftf..? Using flashtool in flash mode? And where can i find that ftf?

The NUT 532 ROM is a Recovery file, so just flash it in recovery like you usually do, and you should in theory get your IMEI back. If not, flash a stock 290 FTF in Flashtool.

What I would do is do a flash of the FTF in my guide on downgrading the ZU/recoverinf the IMEI (parse be to [NUT]) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593918

That should give you a clean stock sony .532 firmware ready to root. To root use Bin4ry's tool linked in LordManhatton's guide, then run through the steps in [NUT]'s .290 locked BL ROM thread and the his .136 locked BL thread. This has to be done in order if you are keeping a locked BL all the way through.