please help

Search This thread

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
I bought a sprint note 3 last night clean ESN but we couldn't get it activated, took it to sprint found out it was rooted, but had no sprint firmware on it.
ran root checker on it and it showed rooted. i can't get it back in to recovery
i get this message "
Recovery is not Seandroid Enforcing"
in download mode it says knox warranty void 0X1.
i've tried rerooting, and writing factory firmware on it in odin and it keeps failing.
it will write the CF-Root file and won't do much else

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
got TWRP on it and can now get into recovery.
does anyone have a flashable zip of the stock firmware and rom for this phone please.

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
tried to flash Vision X rom got message no MD5 file found
and you must flash your device kernel ?? i thought roms came with kernels....

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
i got the jelly bombed rom on it up and running now BUT it still doesn't have any sprint firmware on it.
so i still can not activate it. what it's missing is anything sprint. the wifi calling ect.
so how do i get all those files and how do i add them.

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
i found a stock file and installed it in odin and now i'm unrooted, but the phone still will not activate.
i tried to do an update on the software on the phone and it gives a message that the phone has been modified and can not update ???
i have no idea what to do now ... why can't i activate this damn phone it's all stock now.
the tar. file i flashed is 4.3 can i flash a 4.4 tar. filewith wifi calling in odin since it's not rooted anymore?
would that fix it ??
any help will be appreciated.... right no it' just a paper weight

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
i found a stock file and installed it in odin and now i'm unrooted, but the phone still will not activate.
i tried to do an update on the software on the phone and it gives a message that the phone has been modified and can not update ???
i have no idea what to do now ... why can't i activate this damn phone it's all stock now.
the tar. file i flashed is 4.3 can i flash a 4.4 tar. filewith wifi calling in odin since it's not rooted anymore?
would that fix it ??

Flash the stock tar or one-click, each located in the dev forum.

The OPs of each thread contain thorough instructions for upgrading everything to the latest stock Sprint firmware, baseband, bootloader.

Then, and only then, get the phone activated via a call to Sprint or hie yourself to the store for same. It should propagate quickly, and you'll be able to do all that which one can with a Sprint Note 3 on their network.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
i found the one click file, but where do i find base band and boot loader and firmware ?

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010

The OPs of each thread contain thorough instructions for upgrading everything to the latest stock Sprint firmware, baseband, bootloader.

Then, and only then, get the phone activated via a call to Sprint or hie yourself to the store for same. It should propagate quickly, and you'll be able to do all that which one can with a Sprint Note 3 on their network.

Good luck!

I found the 1 click, and wen't into stock recovery did factory reset, powered off, went into download mode and installed it with the 1 click.
it passed and it don't have sprint 4g splash screen on boot up and still won't activate.
it's still missing all the sprint files.
any ideas what's wrong.

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I found the 1 click, and wen't into stock recovery did factory reset, powered off, went into download mode and installed it with the 1 click.
it passed and it don't have sprint 4g splash screen on boot up and still won't activate.
it's still missing all the sprint files.
any ideas what's wrong.

None of which I can think at the moment. The one-click contains everything, and I believe that includes the carrier specific files. I may be wrong, but I believe it's an all inclusive factory image.

Just for kicks, what's it say for the model number behind the physical battery?

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
None of which I can think at the moment. The one-click contains everything, and I believe that includes the carrier specific files. I may be wrong, but I believe it's an all inclusive factory image.

Just for kicks, what's it say for the model number behind the physical battery?

SM-N900P it even has a sprint logo on that white sticker

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
as i said in the other thread, i've been trying to activate on my online account, by switching service from my note 2
to this note 3 .
when i switch service over to this note 3 my online account says it's activated, but my signal bar on phone has the red X and no signal.
tried forced activation and same story with it.

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
just tried it again and the thing i have to agree to isn't from sprint it's samsung wifi.
following my online activation on sprints website i try to update profile, initializing application it what pops up when i touch it but nothing else happens, so it won't update anything.and i'm on wifi.

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Did you do a full factory reset within the phone's os? A second important thing, since you mentioned a red x for signal. Is the original Sim card in the phone? Cards for Sim slots in sprint phones are not interchangeable like gsm cards are. The card is paired to the phone from factory. After a full reset, maybe go by a corporate sprint store that has, or can get, a replacement Sim card for your phone. This is the only thing I can think of after all you've said so far. If that doesn't work, then there could be some deep programming involved, ##data#, to get it back into shape. Flashing Roms won't change this deep parameters for a sprint phone. Either will factory resets. You might have got a phone that someone phucked with deeply or you might have bought an expensive paperweight.

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
Did you do a full factory reset within the phone's os? A second important thing, since you mentioned a red x for signal. Is the original Sim card in the phone? Cards for Sim slots in sprint phones are not interchangeable like gsm cards are. The card is paired to the phone from factory. After a full reset, maybe go by a corporate sprint store that has, or can get, a replacement Sim card for your phone. This is the only thing I can think of after all you've said so far. If that doesn't work, then there could be some deep programming involved, ##data#, to get it back into shape. Flashing Roms won't change this deep parameters for a sprint phone. Either will factory resets. You might have got a phone that someone phucked with deeply or you might have bought an expensive paperweight.

the phone came with a new sim card, and we set it up with the phones IMEI on line and it went to the sprint store with that sim and they didn't mention it was an issue. will take it back to the sprint store tomorrow and see what they can do.

jaco420

Apr 8, 2010
Took the phone to my sprint store and the tech messed with it for over an hour this morning and said **** it.
must have a bad radio or something in it, because it never would show my phone number.
the good news is he said, you'll have a brand new phone in 3 days. at no charge.
Lucky day for me. He even knew Knox was flagged.

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Took the phone to my sprint store and the tech messed with it for over an hour this morning and said **** it.
must have a bad radio or something in it, because it never would show my phone number.
the good news is he said, you'll have a brand new phone in 3 days. at no charge.

Just seeing this. Outstanding outcome, good sir.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would that fix it ??

Good luck!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2681268

Sir micmars i found this thread with exactaly the same issue i'm having, you gave a solution at the end of this thread but no one posted if it worked of not, i keep trying all these different nc5 roms installing through odin and i keep getting that red X on my signal bar.