[APP] App Chooser, Default App Manager and Share Apps

Search This thread

Wezi

Dec 9, 2011
I've come across 3 apps which are all about a better Android user experience and app management, they're all free to download from the Playstore; read on to find out more, screenshots and APK's attached at the bottom of this post.

I always wanted a way to restrict the number of options available to me in the 'Share Via' options of Android when sharing a photo or other file. Something perhaps a future rom could have?

For now theres a neat little App which does just that, AppChooser lets you choose which apps you want available to choose from when sharing a file.
Long press an app in the list to hide it from view, and future view
Click the arrow in the top right of the window and it shows two arrows. Now you can share the file via multiple methods.
Arrange available apps by frequency of use, name etc

It doesnt replace your existing 'Share Via' method, but you can set it as default so the Android method wont show in the future.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.noxi.apppicker

Coming on to default apps, I know of two ways of dealing with default apps, clear all defaults or go to each app individually to clear the default.
Default App Manager lets you view all you defaulted apps in one manageable list and also lets you see which apps you can set defaults for and set as appropriate. Very handy and saves alot of time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager&hl=en

The final app i wanted to share is, well, Share Apps :D. Share Apps is something missing from my Nexus 4 and my current rom. Using Share Apps I can select a single app or multiple apps to share from an easy to use app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps&hl=en

All three apps are well made and require little to no permissions, so there's really nothing to loose. Give them a try and experience a better Android user experience. Click on the links above or download them directly from this post. :good:

Hit the thanks button if you've found this post useful :good: and be sure to show your support to the developers of these apps by leaving positive reviews

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-24-18-11-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-24-18-11-18.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4,841
  • Screenshot_2013-07-24-18-10-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-24-18-10-47.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4,368
  • Screenshot_2013-07-24-18-10-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-24-18-10-26.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 3,977
  • AppChooser_2.0.0.apk
    117.9 KB · Views: 4,356

gotcha640

Apr 25, 2014
Late enough, it works in kitkat on a galaxy s4.

Also, this thread is the only place I could find this app as a direct download. Other google hits download something to do with an egg, and then that wants to be an app store, and then maybe you'd find this app.

mushbert

Dec 14, 2013
Is this v2 the latest one?
I've seen posts that say the Dev ended support for the app in 2012. Given that this thread is from 2013 I'm hopeful it's the final build, but I haven't looked very hard.

It works OK on my phone with 4.2.2, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it as the default app for the share action as described in several blogs. Any ideas on that?

Last edited:

jrandom7

Sep 12, 2015
It's not what Google would want me to do, but I had to. Couldn't find App Chooser, and Andmade doesn't work with my Lolliop gallery. My preferred app for sharing photos was "below the fold" in the Share with options in Gallery. So, I uninstalled Google Plus and Hangouts, which is what it took to get my preferred app to appear. You go to Settings, Apps, Uninstall Updates and then Disabled.

c1umsyt0rt0is

Sep 19, 2015
Karachi
Thank you @Wezi for the post. It actually helped me around to find AppChooser Pro 2.0.0. I have downloaded it through Aptoide and happily using it on my LG G3 D850 (AT&T) with Candy5 5.1.1.

Anybody want to try, kindly download it from Aptoide. I tried sharing link for file on Dropbox but as I am new to the forum, I am not allowed to post external link as per the policy. Once I shall be allowed to do so, I will share the link. You are welcome to PM me and will share the same.

Enjoy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've come across 3 apps which are all about a better Android user experience and app management, they're all free to download from the Playstore; read on to find out more, screenshots and APK's attached at the bottom of this post.

I always wanted a way to restrict the number of options available to me in the 'Share Via' options of Android when sharing a photo or other file. Something perhaps a future rom could have?

For now theres a neat little App which does just that, AppChooser lets you choose which apps you want available to choose from when sharing a file.
    Long press an app in the list to hide it from view, and future view
    Click the arrow in the top right of the window and it shows two arrows. Now you can share the file via multiple methods.
    Arrange available apps by frequency of use, name etc

It doesnt replace your existing 'Share Via' method, but you can set it as default so the Android method wont show in the future.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.noxi.apppicker

Coming on to default apps, I know of two ways of dealing with default apps, clear all defaults or go to each app individually to clear the default.
    Default App Manager lets you view all you defaulted apps in one manageable list and also lets you see which apps you can set defaults for and set as appropriate. Very handy and saves alot of time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager&hl=en

The final app i wanted to share is, well, Share Apps :D. Share Apps is something missing from my Nexus 4 and my current rom. Using Share Apps I can select a single app or multiple apps to share from an easy to use app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theronrogers.shareapps&hl=en

All three apps are well made and require little to no permissions, so there's really nothing to loose. Give them a try and experience a better Android user experience. Click on the links above or download them directly from this post. :good:

Hit the thanks button if you've found this post useful :good: and be sure to show your support to the developers of these apps by leaving positive reviews