Official Samsung S8+ Screen Protector Review

Search This thread

MopHeadGeek

Apr 28, 2013
Well I have been struggling to find a decent screen protector untill now.

Online there were alot of terrible reviews on most protectors due to the protectors not sticking. They lift after a few days, reduce the touch sensitivity. The good ones have a sort of dot matrix you can see when the screen is tilted certain ways. So I thought I'd order the genuine Samsung ones I thought hey who better than the manufacture.
I wasn't holding up much hope but I was pleasantly surprised. It isn't a glass protector and it isn't quite the film protectors. It's a little thicker the clarity is crystal clear and the feel is nice. It works with certain cases but not huge bulky ones. I tend to use a case for work and I have a skin on the rear of the phone to stop scratches and a screen protector on the front. Touch wood I haven't broken a phone yet. I want it looking nice and shiny after a year so not to bothered hiding it with a skin.

I will update this review in 7 days after using it in my day to day life. The protector has adhesive all over and is easy to fit as the outer protector has two alignment tabs to hold and a white line the matches perfectly to the bottom and top edges of where the screen starts so you can align perfectly.

I purchased mine in the UK for £14.99 you get 2 in the packaging which is pretty substanical so they shouldn't loss there shape when posting either.

Feel free to ask any questions
Happy reading and happy purchasing.
If you have this protector please write how your experience with it has been so far.

seawolf823

Mar 27, 2012
Where are you finding samsung branded protectors? They aren't listed on the samsung website.

ahmerali

Apr 27, 2017
orignall products..

Where we find orignal roduct of my cell phone everyone give me first copy

MopHeadGeek

Apr 28, 2013
5 days later so far so good the screen protector also works with a tech 21 clear impact case! It hasn't lifted as of yet. Tiny bit of dust being collected by the very edges ever so slight other than that it's perfect.

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
I'm also wondering how it's doing. Does the protector cover right up to the edge where it meets with the medal? How's it feel...like olephobic coating and feeling smooth...not rubbery.

MopHeadGeek

Apr 28, 2013
It is holding up perfect for my usage one issue which I caused I nicked the bottom of the protector which has caused it to tear ever so slightly my fault for taking it out of a case. It feels perfect for me you can tell it isn't the glass but it isn't a bad feel.

Babychan

Apr 27, 2013
The dust collecting on the edges is seriously getting on my nerves. The ocd in me wants to rip the protector off and the other part of me can't stand the small faint marks I have on the screen.

Jnioms

May 8, 2012
I bought the neo flex from spigen, im waiting for my tough armour case to arrive before i test it. I will keep a weekly report as well if you want so we can have all the information about screen protectors in one same spot :)

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
I bought the neo flex from spigen, im waiting for my tough armour case to arrive before i test it. I will keep a weekly report as well if you want so we can have all the information about screen protectors in one same spot :)
Make sure u trim the corners a little first before applying or it'll lift at some point on the corners I'd ur not perfectly straight with ur application. I took about 1-2mm off mine by following the contours of the corners. It's perfect now.
Despite Spigen advertising to apply it with the case on and that its "case friendly"... Its not perfect. By trimming it slightly before application you'll avoid it lifting.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jnioms

Jnioms

May 8, 2012
Make sure u trim the corners a little first before applying or it'll lift at some point on the corners I'd ur not perfectly straight with ur application. I took about 1-2mm off mine by following the contours of the corners. It's perfect now.
Despite Spigen advertising to apply it with the case on and that its "case friendly"... Its not perfect. By trimming it slightly before application you'll avoid it lifting.

Thank you very much for the information! I will sure do :)

Off-topic: Im still waiting for my case to finally test the flex, tracking information says it's already in the country. Argentina's Custom is the worst thing ever...

marcochapita

Aug 24, 2010
Lisboa
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
the official one was the best s***t that I bought in years... doens´t stick very well in the borders collecting all the lint...
Agree I had mine since day one and it's perfect with every single case. And I test a few glass screen protectors without luck. As much as I like glass this oficial screen protector seems like a protector made by spigen because of his quality.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I have been struggling to find a decent screen protector untill now.

Online there were alot of terrible reviews on most protectors due to the protectors not sticking. They lift after a few days, reduce the touch sensitivity. The good ones have a sort of dot matrix you can see when the screen is tilted certain ways. So I thought I'd order the genuine Samsung ones I thought hey who better than the manufacture.
    I wasn't holding up much hope but I was pleasantly surprised. It isn't a glass protector and it isn't quite the film protectors. It's a little thicker the clarity is crystal clear and the feel is nice. It works with certain cases but not huge bulky ones. I tend to use a case for work and I have a skin on the rear of the phone to stop scratches and a screen protector on the front. Touch wood I haven't broken a phone yet. I want it looking nice and shiny after a year so not to bothered hiding it with a skin.

I will update this review in 7 days after using it in my day to day life. The protector has adhesive all over and is easy to fit as the outer protector has two alignment tabs to hold and a white line the matches perfectly to the bottom and top edges of where the screen starts so you can align perfectly.

I purchased mine in the UK for £14.99 you get 2 in the packaging which is pretty substanical so they shouldn't loss there shape when posting either.

Feel free to ask any questions
    Happy reading and happy purchasing.
    If you have this protector please write how your experience with it has been so far.

the official one was the best s***t that I bought in years... doens´t stick very well in the borders collecting all the lint...
    after i saw a tiny scratch decided to place a protector so i bought the samsung one, no problems at all to aply accept some bubbles and hope they go away, no problems with the case than again i think all protectors works with this case! 20170613_201103.jpg20170613_201037.jpg
    Here is my review I brought two screen protectors. Both tpu film (Skinoni and Spiegen Neo Plus)

My fiancee used the Tech21 TPU Self Healing screen protector.

Skinomi- 4 out of 10. Peeled after first day. Did not adhere on the sides after numerous attempts to adhere. Bubbles did not come out after pressing and squeegee. Ordered off Amazon

Tech21- 2 out of 10. Never adhered. Held dirt and fingerprints and peeled up at th3 edges after 24/48 hrs. Brought day 1 at TMO Store.

Spiegen Neo Plus 9 out of 10. Almost perfect. Self Healing attributes actually work. No laser precise cutouts like on the Skinoni, but the sides adhered like glass. No glare and superb viewing angles. Case compatible with Spiegen Neo hybrid and other low lip cases. Any high lip cases like the Armor case may have issues. Ordered off Amazon

I hope this helps.