[Windows][UTILITY][TOOL] APK Multi-Tool

Search This thread

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
I am currently working on a major update to the apk manager application as well and changing the name to APK Multi-Tool with some new added features and also to fix some issues with some code errors.

I am also changing a lot of the features as well since a lot of the code has been outdated for a while.
I have updated all the files and modified Apk manager's Scripts to fix many user reported bugs from Daneshm90 apk manager which he had written a simple script to ease the process of editing apks. Got a lot of downloads so thought its in demand
Whether you're doing basic image editing or editing the smali or xml files, on average u have to use (Brut.all or JF's smali/baksmali) awesome tool to extract the apk, edit it, then sign the apk and then adb push/install it. This process is quite tiresome if you are testing a method that needs fine tweaking.
This script should make the process a LOT smoother.
Theres an option of compiling/signing/installing all in one step
Goes to Daneshm90 the Original Writer of APK Manager
Goes to Brut.all for his awesome tool.
Goes to JF for ofcourse, smali/baksmali

Features:
- Added framework dependent decompiling (For non propietary rom apks). (Option 10). Checks whether the dependee apk u selected is correct.
- Allows multiple projects to be modified, switch to and from.
- Allows to modify system apk's using apktool but ensures maximum compatibility in terms of signature / manifest.xml
- Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
- Batch Ogg optimization
- Batch install apk from script (option 19)
- Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
- Batch Theme optipng TOOL
- Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
- Compression level selector (monitor status above menu)
- Error detection. Checks if error occurred anytime u perform a task, and reports it
- Extract, Zip apk's.
- Incorporates brut.all's apktool
- Improved syntax of questions/answers
- Logging on/off has been removed. Instead a log.txt is created which logs the activities of the script organized using time/date headers
- Optimize pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
- Pull apk from phone into modding environment.
- Push to specific location on phone
- Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
- Read log (Option 24)
- Sign apks
- Supports batch installation, so if u drag multiple apks into the script (not while its running) it will install them all for u. U can ofcourse drag a single apk as well
- User can change the max java heap size (only use if certain large apks get stuck when decompiling/compiling apks) (Option 19)
- U can now set this script as ur default application for apks. When u do, if u double click any apk it will install it for u.
- Zipalign apks
- Much Much More
Instructions:
- Place apk in appropriate folder (Any filename will work, if running for first time folders will not be there, you must run and then the folders will be created)
- Run script
- Minimize the script
- Edit files inside the project folder
- Maximize the script

Requirements:
Java 1.6
Android SDK

FAQ

Resulting apk file is much smaller than original! Is there something missing?

First: compression of resources.arsc file. Sometimes this file is compressed in original apk, sometimes not and apktool always compress it. Second: lack of META-INF dir. Apktool builds unsigned apks, so they lack signatures stored in this dir. Third: apktool uses newest Android SDK, so it could optimize files better, especially if original app is old. So: unpack both original and resulting apk, remove META-INF from original and then compare sizes. If they're still much different, then you could report on XDA or somewhere.

There is no META-INF dir in resulting apk. Is this ok?

Yes. META-INF contains apk signatures mostly and after modifying apk in no longer signed, so there are no signatures in it. You have to sign resulting apk and then META-INF dir will be created.

What do you call "magic apks"?
Sometimes there are some apks which (for my current knowledge) are invalid, broken, theoretically they shouldn't exist. There may be many reasons of their existence: my lack of understanding of Android resources; some non-public, maybe future SDK tools or custom modifications of these; manual hacking of binaries, etc. Usually I can't do anything about it, but you could at least try to replace broken parts by something valid. Actually it's quite likely that they aren't even used, because if they would, then application would crash.

Got problems ?
1. Make sure your path has no spaces
2. Your filename has no wierd characters
3. Java/adb are in your path
4. It's not a proprietary rom's apk (aka Sense,Motorola,Samsung) (If u are, then use option 11 and drag the required framework, eg com.htc.resources, twframework-res...etc)
5. It's not a themed apk (if it is, expect .9 png errors, use as close to stock as possible)
6. Look at the log to know whats happening
7. If all else fails, post as much info as possible and we will try to assist you.

TO DO LIST
Add new feature to Randomly Generate a new Key File for signing the apk files after modifying and recompiling of the apk files this will also allow of uploading to the android market as this added feature will allow you to sign apk files that you may of compiled without signing beforehand.

Modify the Signapk script to be compatible with the Randomly Generation feature in the works

and a few other added features are in the works as I am redesigning the application and rewriting a lot of the code to fix issues as well as some of the new features have broken parts as some features have been moved and broken some command line prompts.

Installing APK Multi-Tool Itself

Run the installer and make sure it is pointed to the root of hard drive
Example
C:\APKMultiTools\

Downloads:
http://apk-multi-tool.github.io/APK-Multi-Tool/ for all downloads and updates
Please check back daily or weekly as this project is under active Development and I am releasing Alpha releases on the website for Testing and bug reports.
Latest test build http://hugefiles.net/79bvb14x2f8p
Mailing List:
Google Group Email mailing List

If you like this and wish to wish to send cash my way Donations Are Welcome

Attachments

• screenshot01.jpg
    screenshot01.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 61,594
  • screenshot02.jpg
    screenshot02.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 176,349
Last edited:

CUBENSIS

Aug 28, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Optipng'ing is not working for me. After extraction, Optipng will be run and will do nothing because it says it cannot find the folder.

CUBENSIS

Aug 28, 2008
OnePlus 6T
That's what I did. What i meant to say is I choose option 18, the apk gets extracted, optipng says it can't find the files/directory that was fed to it, and the apk is re-zipped w/o any .png changes. See attached screen grab.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 15,593

a1exander

Aug 20, 2010
Seems to be a very helpfull tool. :)

But GO**AMN, on the website, change the color of the titles from red to something else. Hurts my eyes reading haha.

CUBENSIS

Aug 28, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Try placing the file in the transfered folder and running opt 16

i had to edit the script because it was calling for roptipng.exe. after chaging it oo optipng.exe, here's the result
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
A subdirectory or file C:\Apk_Multi-Tool\optimized already exists.
A subdirectory or file C:\Apk_Multi-Tool\untouched already exists.
Could Not Find C:\Apk_Multi-Tool\0

Last edited:

CUBENSIS

Aug 28, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Regarding option 18, after learning a bit about batch programming and looking through the file...it seems the problem is quite simple. Optipng does not support ** for recursion, and as far as I can tell ** means nothing @ Windows command line. Therefore it will fail since the command in the batch file is
Code:
optipng -o99 "apkopt_temp_%~n1\**\*.png"

techrevive

Nov 18, 2010
Code:
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutExce
ption: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\JOSHDE~1\AppData\Local\Tem
p\APKTOOL8354808961139312827.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Josh Desktop\apktool\framework\1.
apk, -I, C:\Users\Josh Desktop\apktool\framework\2.apk, -S, C:\Apk_Multi-Tool\ot
her\..\projects\Mms.apk\res, -M, C:\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\Mms.apk\And
roidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:193)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:174)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:59)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\U
sers\JOSHDE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8354808961139312827.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Jo
sh Desktop\apktool\framework\1.apk, -I, C:\Users\Josh Desktop\apktool\framework\
2.apk, -S, C:\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\Mms.apk\res, -M, C:\Apk_Multi-Too
l\other\..\projects\Mms.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:191)
        ... 6 more
The system cannot find the file specified.
Press any key to continue . . .

This is the error i get when trying to recompile Mms.apk from a sense rom, yes i am using the com.htc.resources.apk with it. Can anyone help?

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
If anyone is interested in giving a feature request feel free to post them asi want this tool to be a all in one needed application as well as if you want. To see some features have a stand alone veriarent(sp)

Sent from my DROID using xda premium

blueluck77

Mar 21, 2011
Addison
I went to Java 1.6 and now I am getting a log file this is the current error. Anyone have any ideas?

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
|Mon 10/31/2011 -- 13:03:26.95| 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)
Could Not Find C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedfoursquare.apk
Could Not Find C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedfoursquare.apk
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Will\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values*/* XMLs...
I: Done.
I: Copying assets and libs...
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\drawable\venues_widget_background.9.png malformed.
       Frame pixels must be either solid or transparent (not intermediate alphas).
       Found at pixel #128 along top edge.
ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\drawable\venues_widget_background.9.png
ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\drawable\venues_widget_cell.9.png malformed.
       Frame pixels must be either solid or transparent (not intermediate alphas).
       Found at pixel #57 along top edge.
ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\drawable\venues_widget_cell.9.png
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_activity.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_activity.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dark_grey_toolbar').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_header.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_list_item_invite.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/add_friends_button_invite').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_list_item_request.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photo_background').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_list_item_request.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/blank_boy').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_list_item_request.xml:10: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/add_friends_source_phone').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_list_item_request.xml:11: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/add_friends_source_facebook').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_list_item_request.xml:12: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/add_friends_source_twitter').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_list_item_request.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/add_friends_button_request').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_option.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/add_friends_option_addressbook_on').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_option.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/add_friends_option_bg').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_option.xml:11: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/add_friends_option_bg_top_on').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_option.xml:12: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/add_friends_option_bg_arrow_noside').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_option.xml:13: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/add_friends_option_search_right_border').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_search_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_search_activity.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_share_facebook_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_share_facebook_activity.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/add_friends_share_option_facebook').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_share_facebook_activity.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/add_friends_option_search_right_border').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_share_facebook_activity.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/add_friends_option_bg_bottom').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_friends_share_facebook_activity.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dark_grey_toolbar').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_tip_activity.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/addphoto_checkin').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_activity.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawableRight' with value '@drawable/arrow_light_grey').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_activity.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawableRight' with value '@drawable/arrow_light_grey').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_activity.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photo_background').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_activity.xml:23: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/login_button_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_activity_address.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_activity_address.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/login_button_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_map_activity.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/header_blue').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_map_activity.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/explore_header_button_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_map_activity.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/explore_icon_mixer').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\add_venue_map_overlay_title.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/map_callout_bg').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_details_activity.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_item_manual').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_details_activity.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/badge_detail_loading').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_details_activity.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/badge_details_activity_divider').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_grid_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/default_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/default_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_set_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/default_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_sets_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_item_manual').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_sets_activity.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_item_manual').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\badge_sets_list_dialog.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dlg_transparent_black_rounded').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\category_picker_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/category_none').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\category_picker_list_item.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/arrow_grey').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\category_picker_page.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/border_round_rect_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\category_picker_page.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/category_none').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_item_manual').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_activity.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/new_places_found_btn_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_activity.xml:10: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/new_places_found_refresh').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_item_manual').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_activity.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/call_empty_comment').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_activity.xml:13: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/checkin_detail_toolbar_btn_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_activity.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/btn_add_photo').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_activity.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/checkin_detail_toolbar_btn_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_activity.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/btn_add_comment').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photo_background_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/blank_boy').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_details_list_item.xml:10: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photo_background_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photo_background_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/blank_boy').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_list_item.xml:10: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photocomment_checkin_button_single_selector').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_list_item.xml:11: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photos_inactive').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_list_item.xml:13: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/comments_inactive').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:11: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/addphoto_checkin').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/checkin_section_bg').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/yes_toggle_on').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:17: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/no_toggle_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:19: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/checkin_section_bg').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:21: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/yes_toggle_on').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:22: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/no_toggle_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/checkin_section_bg').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:26: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/modal_fb_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_or_shout_gather_info_activity.xml:27: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/modal_twitter_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:7: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/checkin_message_bg').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/arrow_banner_blue').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:13: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/arrow_banner_yellow').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/curve_arrow_green').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:20: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/calendar').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:24: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/arrow_banner_blue').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:30: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/checkin_score_bg').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:33: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/arrow_banner_blue').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:42: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/arrow_banner_orange').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:46: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/arrow_banner_blue').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:50: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/tip_icon_user_orange').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity.xml:58: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/dark_grey_toolbar').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity_badge_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/checkin_result_badge').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity_badge_item.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/default_off').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity_score_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/default_points_icon').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity_special_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/special_lock_locked').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_results_activity_special_item.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/arrow_light_grey').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_simple_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/photo_background').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\checkin_simple_list_item.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/blank_boy').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\edu_new_checkin_button_dialog.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/new_checkin_button_edu_dialog').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\empty_loading.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_item_manual').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_activity.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_item_manual').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_header_search.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_header_background').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_header_search.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'drawableLeft' with value '@drawable/explore_search_icon').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_keyword_item.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/explore_keyword_button').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_keywords_scroller.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_header_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_list_divider.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/listview_background_flat').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_list_divider.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/explore_header_blue_left').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_list_divider.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/explore_header_blue_right').
C:\Users\Will\Downloads\Apk_Multi-Tool_Alpha_02\Apk_Multi-Tool\other\..\projects\foursquare.apk\res\layout\explore_list_divider.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/tip_list_item_corner_todo').

and it goes on and on and on like this

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
From that log there seems to be a issue with the 9.png files.

From what I see there is perhaps a error accuring with the basalmi blocks when decompiling I will look into what may be causing this and perhaps I may have a fix once I finish patching up my custom version of apktool.jar

blueluck77

Mar 21, 2011
Addison
From that log there seems to be a issue with the 9.png files.

From what I see there is perhaps a error accuring with the basalmi blocks when decompiling I will look into what may be causing this and perhaps I may have a fix once I finish patching up my custom version of apktool.jar

Maybe thisll help. It is step by step of what I did and/or didnt do. Maybe I am missing a step or doing something that I am not supposed to be doing. Thanks again for your help.

Error Messages

Reactions: itsme_4ucz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am currently working on a major update to the apk manager application as well and changing the name to APK Multi-Tool with some new added features and also to fix some issues with some code errors.

I am also changing a lot of the features as well since a lot of the code has been outdated for a while.
    I have updated all the files and modified Apk manager's Scripts to fix many user reported bugs from Daneshm90 apk manager which he had written a simple script to ease the process of editing apks. Got a lot of downloads so thought its in demand
    Whether you're doing basic image editing or editing the smali or xml files, on average u have to use (Brut.all or JF's smali/baksmali) awesome tool to extract the apk, edit it, then sign the apk and then adb push/install it. This process is quite tiresome if you are testing a method that needs fine tweaking.
    This script should make the process a LOT smoother.
    Theres an option of compiling/signing/installing all in one step
    Goes to Daneshm90 the Original Writer of APK Manager
    Goes to Brut.all for his awesome tool.
    Goes to JF for ofcourse, smali/baksmali

Features:
    - Added framework dependent decompiling (For non propietary rom apks). (Option 10). Checks whether the dependee apk u selected is correct.
    - Allows multiple projects to be modified, switch to and from.
    - Allows to modify system apk's using apktool but ensures maximum compatibility in terms of signature / manifest.xml
    - Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
    - Batch Ogg optimization
    - Batch install apk from script (option 19)
    - Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
    - Batch Theme optipng TOOL
    - Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
    - Compression level selector (monitor status above menu)
    - Error detection. Checks if error occurred anytime u perform a task, and reports it
    - Extract, Zip apk's.
    - Incorporates brut.all's apktool
    - Improved syntax of questions/answers
    - Logging on/off has been removed. Instead a log.txt is created which logs the activities of the script organized using time/date headers
    - Optimize pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
    - Pull apk from phone into modding environment.
    - Push to specific location on phone
    - Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
    - Read log (Option 24)
    - Sign apks
    - Supports batch installation, so if u drag multiple apks into the script (not while its running) it will install them all for u. U can ofcourse drag a single apk as well
    - User can change the max java heap size (only use if certain large apks get stuck when decompiling/compiling apks) (Option 19)
    - U can now set this script as ur default application for apks. When u do, if u double click any apk it will install it for u.
    - Zipalign apks
    - Much Much More
    Instructions:
    - Place apk in appropriate folder (Any filename will work, if running for first time folders will not be there, you must run and then the folders will be created)
    - Run script
    - Minimize the script
    - Edit files inside the project folder
    - Maximize the script

Requirements:
    Java 1.6
    Android SDK

FAQ

Resulting apk file is much smaller than original! Is there something missing?

First: compression of resources.arsc file. Sometimes this file is compressed in original apk, sometimes not and apktool always compress it. Second: lack of META-INF dir. Apktool builds unsigned apks, so they lack signatures stored in this dir. Third: apktool uses newest Android SDK, so it could optimize files better, especially if original app is old. So: unpack both original and resulting apk, remove META-INF from original and then compare sizes. If they're still much different, then you could report on XDA or somewhere.

There is no META-INF dir in resulting apk. Is this ok?

Yes. META-INF contains apk signatures mostly and after modifying apk in no longer signed, so there are no signatures in it. You have to sign resulting apk and then META-INF dir will be created.

What do you call "magic apks"?
    Sometimes there are some apks which (for my current knowledge) are invalid, broken, theoretically they shouldn't exist. There may be many reasons of their existence: my lack of understanding of Android resources; some non-public, maybe future SDK tools or custom modifications of these; manual hacking of binaries, etc. Usually I can't do anything about it, but you could at least try to replace broken parts by something valid. Actually it's quite likely that they aren't even used, because if they would, then application would crash.

Got problems ?
    1. Make sure your path has no spaces
    2. Your filename has no wierd characters
    3. Java/adb are in your path
    4. It's not a proprietary rom's apk (aka Sense,Motorola,Samsung) (If u are, then use option 11 and drag the required framework, eg com.htc.resources, twframework-res...etc)
    5. It's not a themed apk (if it is, expect .9 png errors, use as close to stock as possible)
    6. Look at the log to know whats happening
    7. If all else fails, post as much info as possible and we will try to assist you.

TO DO LIST
    Add new feature to Randomly Generate a new Key File for signing the apk files after modifying and recompiling of the apk files this will also allow of uploading to the android market as this added feature will allow you to sign apk files that you may of compiled without signing beforehand.

Modify the Signapk script to be compatible with the Randomly Generation feature in the works

and a few other added features are in the works as I am redesigning the application and rewriting a lot of the code to fix issues as well as some of the new features have broken parts as some features have been moved and broken some command line prompts.

Installing APK Multi-Tool Itself

Run the installer and make sure it is pointed to the root of hard drive
    Example
    C:\APKMultiTools\

Downloads:
    http://apk-multi-tool.github.io/APK-Multi-Tool/ for all downloads and updates
    Please check back daily or weekly as this project is under active Development and I am releasing Alpha releases on the website for Testing and bug reports.
    Latest test build http://hugefiles.net/79bvb14x2f8p
    Mailing List:
    Google Group Email mailing List

If you like this and wish to wish to send cash my way Donations Are Welcome
    Optipng'ing is not working for me. After extraction, Optipng will be run and will do nothing because it says it cannot find the folder.

Which optiping are you using the batch theme opt or the original method

added lollipop support to 2.0 wip branch
    On the Windows 2.0 WIP branch I have added the latest patches and support for the Lolly-pop Android Versions.

On the Master branch of the Linux version I have also added support for Lolly-pop Android versions

in the download section you will see two different links to download the latest builds one is a adfly link and a Normal Link.

Help support the website by using the adfly links which every click will help support the site with a small advertisement. to get the download just click on the SKIP AD button in the upper right corner which will appear after 5 seconds and to further help please have any ad blocker turned off on the website.

I have not received any donations in over a year and i have noticed that on a average i am getting between 300-1000 downloads of my application daily and it is hard work and cost money to run a website and also I am unemployed because of a disability and have zero income right now as my disability case is still in limbo and working on a lawyer to get it. I have been unemployed for over a year now and my wife is working three jobs and we are getting behind in the bills and rent because i am unable to work so any support is welcome specially with a wife and 2 kids a 2 year old and a year old.
    APK Multi-Tools Version 1.0.9 Now Released

Version 1.0.9
    Fixed the broken Option menu list
    Fixed the broken Complier scripts for system Files
    Fixed the broken Complier scripts for non system Files
    Added the ability to create Signed None System APK files with both the keep folder option and to bypass the keep folder
    Added the Option to create unsigned APK Files with out using the keep folder