[KERNEL TOOL] Multi Kernel installer - ARHD 7/9 - WINDOWS/LINUX/MAC - discontinued

Search This thread

maseo

Aug 9, 2007
Nieuw-Vennep
I'm not updating the scripts anymore, only use it for private ease-of-use. Feel free to use the scripts, copy / modify, if you have any ideas or want to work with it. Thanks for the support, but there are more (better) tools available at the time now. :)

Cheers, Maseo!

==========================================

Hello Folks!

So you're running Android Revolution HD and you want to try a differtent kernel ey?
But you don't know how to flash a kernel, which modules you need or you're just plain lazy (like me ;) ) and want to have it done for you.
I present to you, my Multi kernel installer!

*Works on Windows XP, Vista, and Seven, Linux (Ubuntu tested), Possibly Mac (need testers..)

Want to see a working demo?
Windows:

Linux/Mac:

How does it work?
It's a batch file that uses ADB and fastboot for pushing modules and kernels to your HOX. I've added an option to select different kernels and it will push the matching modules pack as well if neccessary.
The script pushes the modules to your phone, so you dont have to CWM flash them, and writes the kernel through fastboot for you! You only have to run the script!

How to use the file:

1. If you have dropbox, sync this folder, to your dropbox account. This way you'll be up to date when i add more kernels and/or options.
    1.B If you don't have Dropbox, register for a free dropbox here. It's the easiest way to keep the files in sync for updates, plus you'll get free 500mb of extra storage.
    1.C Or if you use Google Drive: click on this link
  2. Make sure your phone is on, USB debugging is enabled, and you're on ARHD 7.x
  3. ONLY FOR WINDOWS USERS: Run RUN_ME_WINDOWS.bat, Follow the steps. If done right ADB will push the modules (if necessary) to your phone, reboot, and install the selected kernel.
    ONLY FOR LINUX/MAC USERS: Open the MAC folder and run linux_test.sh in terminal, Follow the steps. If done right ADB will push the modules (if necessary) to your phone, reboot, and install the selected kernel.
  4. Done!

If you have any questions, just leave a comment in the thread and i'll try to get to you as quick as possible!
Any tips, remarks or feedback is highly appreciated.:good:

Happy flashing!

Special thanks to:
Mike1986 for making his amazing Rom!
GuyAdams for repacking all the kernels and moduls, tips and feedback.

Maseo

Last edited:

maseo

Aug 9, 2007
Nieuw-Vennep
Which kernels are available?

ARHD7:
EternityProject_V0.92b
EternityProject_3.4v0.23
EternityProject_3.4v0.24
Faux 004b3 (with modified governer), and 004b34
Franco_R11
Franco_R12
Android Revolution HD Stock

ARHD9:
Faux 007 VF
Franco R16
NCX 080 OC
Eternity 3.4 0.38 OC
ARHD Stock

Last edited:

maseo

Aug 9, 2007
Nieuw-Vennep
Updates:
[23-06-2012] Released the first working multi-batch file with some kernels
[23-06-2012] Added Franco's R11, EternityProjects3.4 V0.22, Faux's 003b9
[24-06-2012] Repacked RAR-File, Removed bugged Faux 003b9, replaced with 003b10.
[24-06-2012] Added a RUN_ME_WINDOWS-NT-ONLY bat file, 'choice' isn't a command on windows 2K and XP. Replaced code.
[25-06-2012] Removed RUN_ME.bat and replaced with general working RUN_ME_WINDOWS.bat, removed Faux 003b7 (old), added Eternity V0.23 and Default ARHD stock kernel.
[25-06-2012] Added demo video.
[02-07-2012] Added Linux Demo video, Franco R12, Faux 4b1
[03-07-2012] Finished Linux-script!!!
[04-07-2012] Added Faux 4b3
[06-07-2012] Added Faux 4b4 and Eternity V0.24 - Debug mode for windows added

Last edited:

cYbOrG5

Jan 27, 2012
at 1.b, it says error creating link...

batch file dies after choosing 2 (eternity 3.x kernel)
'choice' is not recognize as a command
Press any key to continue...

Last edited:

maseo

Aug 9, 2007
Nieuw-Vennep
at 1.b, it says error creating link...

batch file dies after choosing 2 (eternity 3.x kernel)
'choice' is not recognize as a command
Press any key to continue...

I'll get right on it. Seems the Rar-file is borked. Should be fixed now.
Which windows version are you running on? It works fine on vista and 7, but could fail on 2K and XP due to 'choice' being left out.
Try running: RUN_ME_WINDOWS-NT-ONLY.bat

- Removed Faux's 003B9 because of the bug in the Kernel replaced it with 003b10

Last edited:

maseo

Aug 9, 2007
Nieuw-Vennep
- Removed RUN_ME.bat and replaced with general working RUN_ME_WINDOWS.bat.
- removed Faux 003b7 (old), added Eternity V0.23 and Default ARHD stock kernel.
- updated the rar file.
- added demo-video.

Last edited:

cYbOrG5

Jan 27, 2012
after kernel flash, why not reboot to recovery and cwm flash modules if required...so that the user will not manually flash it..just a thought

Reactions: maseo

limx

Sep 13, 2008
Panama
Hi, I'm always on the HOX forum everyday, I read all the threads but I have a noob question..!!!

Whats is Kernel? and What it does and the difference between stock Kernel and Faux or Franco R11, etc...

Cheers and sorry for the noob question..!!

maseo

Aug 9, 2007
Nieuw-Vennep
Hi, I'm always on the HOX forum everyday, I read all the threads but I have a noob question..!!!

Whats is Kernel? and What it does and the difference between stock Kernel and Faux or Franco R11, etc...

Cheers and sorry for the noob question..!!

See it like this: your phone is a car. Your ROM and default kernel present the engine.
A different kernels updates and tweak the engine. Giving it more features, possibly better (battery) performance, a smoother experience. Etc.

The good thing is you can always go back to the default kernel by re-flashing your ROM or selecting the default stock Kernel from my installer.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Reactions: in_deed

chareos12

Sep 8, 2010
My humble requests:

- Google Drive instead/too
- MAC support

Thank you for your effort ! Really a time saver

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

And now I'll try it :)

Just a question:
On ARHD 7.1 the Franco_R11 (which I see is 7.0.0) will be fine ?
In case of issues, I just flash over it the stock 7.x , right ?

Thanks

maseo

Aug 9, 2007
Nieuw-Vennep
My humble requests:

- Google Drive instead/too
- MAC support

Thank you for your effort ! Really a time saver

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

And now I'll try it :)

Just a question:
On ARHD 7.1 the Franco_R11 (which I see is 7.0.0) will be fine ?
In case of issues, I just flash over it the stock 7.x , right ?

Thanks

I'll see if i can add a google-drive upload too (i don't use it personally..), ill try to figure out how to run in on a mac.
Regarding the kernel, yes. The kernels are made for 7.x, so that works fine.:good:

chareos12

Sep 8, 2010
trying to download the rar-file,

Error Creating Link
There was an error creating your link. Please try again.

Of course, trying again brings no joy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not updating the scripts anymore, only use it for private ease-of-use. Feel free to use the scripts, copy / modify, if you have any ideas or want to work with it. Thanks for the support, but there are more (better) tools available at the time now. :)

Cheers, Maseo!

==========================================

Hello Folks!

So you're running Android Revolution HD and you want to try a differtent kernel ey?
    But you don't know how to flash a kernel, which modules you need or you're just plain lazy (like me ;) ) and want to have it done for you.
    I present to you, my Multi kernel installer!

*Works on Windows XP, Vista, and Seven, Linux (Ubuntu tested), Possibly Mac (need testers..)

Want to see a working demo?
    Windows:

Linux/Mac:

How does it work?
    It's a batch file that uses ADB and fastboot for pushing modules and kernels to your HOX. I've added an option to select different kernels and it will push the matching modules pack as well if neccessary.
    The script pushes the modules to your phone, so you dont have to CWM flash them, and writes the kernel through fastboot for you! You only have to run the script!

How to use the file:

1. If you have dropbox, sync this folder, to your dropbox account. This way you'll be up to date when i add more kernels and/or options.
      1.B If you don't have Dropbox, register for a free dropbox here. It's the easiest way to keep the files in sync for updates, plus you'll get free 500mb of extra storage.
      1.C Or if you use Google Drive: click on this link
    2. Make sure your phone is on, USB debugging is enabled, and you're on ARHD 7.x
    3. ONLY FOR WINDOWS USERS: Run RUN_ME_WINDOWS.bat, Follow the steps. If done right ADB will push the modules (if necessary) to your phone, reboot, and install the selected kernel.
      ONLY FOR LINUX/MAC USERS: Open the MAC folder and run linux_test.sh in terminal, Follow the steps. If done right ADB will push the modules (if necessary) to your phone, reboot, and install the selected kernel.
    4. Done!

If you have any questions, just leave a comment in the thread and i'll try to get to you as quick as possible!
    Any tips, remarks or feedback is highly appreciated.:good:

Happy flashing!

Special thanks to:
    Mike1986 for making his amazing Rom!
    GuyAdams for repacking all the kernels and moduls, tips and feedback.

Maseo
    Updates:
    [23-06-2012] Released the first working multi-batch file with some kernels
    [23-06-2012] Added Franco's R11, EternityProjects3.4 V0.22, Faux's 003b9
    [24-06-2012] Repacked RAR-File, Removed bugged Faux 003b9, replaced with 003b10.
    [24-06-2012] Added a RUN_ME_WINDOWS-NT-ONLY bat file, 'choice' isn't a command on windows 2K and XP. Replaced code.
    [25-06-2012] Removed RUN_ME.bat and replaced with general working RUN_ME_WINDOWS.bat, removed Faux 003b7 (old), added Eternity V0.23 and Default ARHD stock kernel.
    [25-06-2012] Added demo video.
    [02-07-2012] Added Linux Demo video, Franco R12, Faux 4b1
    [03-07-2012] Finished Linux-script!!!
    [04-07-2012] Added Faux 4b3
    [06-07-2012] Added Faux 4b4 and Eternity V0.24 - Debug mode for windows added
    Which kernels are available?

ARHD7:
    EternityProject_V0.92b
    EternityProject_3.4v0.23
    EternityProject_3.4v0.24
    Faux 004b3 (with modified governer), and 004b34
    Franco_R11
    Franco_R12
    Android Revolution HD Stock

ARHD9:
    Faux 007 VF
    Franco R16
    NCX 080 OC
    Eternity 3.4 0.38 OC
    ARHD Stock
    its arhd i think! ;)
    after kernel flash, why not reboot to recovery and cwm flash modules if required...so that the user will not manually flash it..just a thought