Sony Ericsson MW600

Search This thread

Whippler

Apr 3, 2011
just got mine, haven't gone much into it, but how i understood it, is that you have it connected to couple phones, and if you use the mw600 controls work on the selected(main) device. When call comes in on the other phone the mw600 jumps to that and you can answer. Haven't tested.

Smask

Jan 10, 2012
Göteborg
After upgrade my Desire HD to android 2.3.5, Caller ID is shown on headset display. Does anybody know how to display the name of plaing songs?

My stock Desire (android 2.2) has had Caller ID over bluetooth since forever.

Your phone need to have Bluez 4.97 (the bluetooth protocol stack) or greater to support displays on media devices (AVRCP 1.3). This stack were released six weeks ago so I don't think there are many ROMs that have updated Bluez yet. I don't know if it requires a kernel compile or what.

It is most likely that you have a stack that only supports AVRCP 1.0 (Caller ID, Play, Pause, Forward and Back). But then, you may have a phone that supports AVRCP 1.3 or greater but your player apps need to support it too...

Do you use stock HTC software? HTC has their own flavour of Bluez stack.

Last edited:

Ancoor

Sep 9, 2010
Sundbyberg
MW600

I'm using AN-Droid 2.1.0 DATA++/ 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23

I'm using MW600 with two devices, it's primary connected to my work phone (an old SE non smart phone), and connect to Desire as media player in the same time... If my work phone rings while listening to music on desire, the headset beeps and if I answer it switches to my work phone... I think this is pretty sweet...

Worth saying would be that I don't find the music quality very good on these devices... If you're primary purpose with this headset is to listen to music, I would choose something else.

This is what I found out...
  • Switching between multiple devices works fine
  • I don't get any A2DP "hacking" while listening at all.
  • Controls on MW600 works for switching songs in Spotify app, but not in standard Music player
  • ID tags/song name (as said above) is not shown in the display.
  • Phone number if someone calls is shown on MW600 from both work phone and my
desire.

Cheers

Smask

Jan 10, 2012
Göteborg
Sweet! I'll have to try that.
Wifi disabled? I only get hacking when wifi is enabled. BT and wifi uses the same bands so there's no suprise that there are clashes.
  • Controls on MW600 works for switching songs in Spotify app, but not in standard Music player
I have the reverse problem with an app, Deadbeef. Play/pause doesn't work while streaming, it invokes standard Music player instead. Very fun when you use the MW600 at work and the hypersensitive media buttons get pressed all the time.

Last edited:

tihimasmo

Oct 16, 2011
I can't back this up with anything else than my picky taste and many hours of browsing before buying anything:

The mw-600 is considered one of the best stereo headsets both by consumers and vendors.

The stock earplugs are comparable to at least 30 euro earplugs and by default feature a short cord, something that in my opinion is imperative.

To get anything but a crappy listening experience, you REALLY must carefully try out witch size of rubber thingy goes with your respective ear and also it takes a day our two to get used to inserting the plugs correctly. When they are fitted and inserted correctly you should experience a feeling of vacuum in your ear, similar to having your ears blocked during a bad cold.

I find the plugs also efficient as hearing protectors at work, to be compared with Peltor class 1 protectors. I can comfortably operate a partner saw with nothing else for protection.

@smask: download and set Mortplayer to override headset command. Then configure buttons actions as "none". Thereafter you can push the buttons as much as you please without anything happening. Bonus: Mortplayer is awesome and has a decent widget.

Daniel from Sweden

Last edited:

losdukos

Jul 17, 2010
Also a happy mw600 customer on mildwild cm 3.2 rom with occasional connection hiccups and unfortunately no id tags using grooveshark.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

tejasmph

Sep 1, 2010
PUNE
so called mutipoint

I'm using AN-Droid 2.1.0 DATA++/ 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23

I'm using MW600 with two devices, it's primary connected to my work phone (an old SE non smart phone), and connect to Desire as media player in the same time... If my work phone rings while listening to music on desire, the headset beeps and if I answer it switches to my work phone... I think this is pretty sweet...

Worth saying would be that I don't find the music quality very good on these devices... If you're primary purpose with this headset is to listen to music, I would choose something else.

This is what I found out...
  • ID tags/song name (as said above) is not shown in the display.
  • Phone number if someone calls is shown on MW600 from both work phone and my
desire.

Cheers

what happens when you get a call on the other phone i mean your desire, the way i have seen the mw600 doesn't transfer the audio to the other phone automatically. this is not really multipoint is it?

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

just got mine, haven't gone much into it, but how i understood it, is that you have it connected to couple phones, and if you use the mw600 controls work on the selected(main) device. When call comes in on the other phone the mw600 jumps to that and you can answer. Haven't tested.

does it really transfer to the other phone as you have mentioned?(When call comes in on the other phone the mw600 jumps to that and you can answer) waiting for your reply.

MDavisiw

Mar 13, 2011
Hey guys just got my MW600 last night. Sound plays through the headphones fine and the headphones are amazing for my determined use. I like to listen to soothing soundtracks while im sleeping and the ear inserts seem to block out everything for me.

One problem though. i can play the music just fine through my coreplayer (windows mobile phone) but when I try windows media player I don't hear anything wit hall volumes up high. This is great as I prefer to use coreplayer however the AVRCP or whatever it is called does not function with coreplayer.

alap1983

Mar 14, 2011
Wil Buy If it Supports Two Phones Simultaneously

The MW600 Seem to be the best choice at a decent price so far. However, I have heard conflicting replies about Simultaneously connecting Two Phones.

How Does The BT Headset manage Two Phones Simultaneously?

Pair With Each Device & Then connect the MAIN (Primary) first & The Secondary afterwards... Correct?
When Listening to Songs On the Primary & Call comes on the Secondary... Will hear a Beep on the BT Headset Correct?
If Listening to Songs on the Secondary & Call comes on the Primary....Will hear a Beep on the BT Headset Correct?

The Caller ID & Track ID were an issue on the Honeycomb.. What about ICS & Above (JB)? Do these Android Version have support for both?

Final Question..

If Talking on a Call on the Primary Or Secondary & Incoming Call comes on the other paired phone.. How Does the BT Headset handle this?

Would be grateful if owners of the device answer these questions. Thanks.

zakirox123

Jul 9, 2012
sony mw600

hi;

i want to know what is the different between Sony MW600 and Sony Ericsson MW600 please let me know. is the any featurs getting different's. but, i saw that the logo is totally different in Sony MW600 it appears just SONY but, in Sony Ericsson MW600 is appears SONY ERICSSON ?

advance thanking you;
zakirox123

kyolic

Jun 24, 2012
I have a question to the users of MW600:

Is it possible to receive phone calls while listening to the radio on the device? Or when you are in radio mod, you can only listen to the radio and that is all?

Thanks in advance.

alabamaham

Jul 15, 2011
Yes it is possible.you can connect two devices at the same time. I listen to music on my tablet, and receive phone calls from my phone. The dame is working with the radio.

Sendt fra min Xperia Arc S

kyolic

Jun 24, 2012
Yes it is possible.you can connect two devices at the same time. I listen to music on my tablet, and receive phone calls from my phone. The dame is working with the radio.

So when you receive a call on your phone while the radio on MW600 is playing, the radio just stops and the call gets transmitted to MW600 and the radio starts playing again when the call is over? Is this how it works?

Last edited:

alabamaham

Jul 15, 2011
When you are playing radio, the ring tone of the mw600 and the radio can be heard at the same time.if you want to take the call you push the answer button on the front of the headset.it's an excellent headset! I use mine a lot!
I don't know if you can pair two phones to receive a call (with out changing on the headset), but you can pair two devices where one is playing music and the other receives phone calls.

Annoymous Man

Feb 6, 2011
A Late Answer to an Old Question about MW600 A2DP Driver

how so? I tried the mw600 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with msi dongle and Home Premium 32 bit on laptop and finds no driver for ''Bluetooth Peripheral Device'', on both of them. I updated all drivers and still not working so far... :confused: still looking for a solution

Just tried in the past few days about this issue:

MW600 can easily be paired with:

Win7 Professional 64-bit, and
Vista Business 32-bit, but

the A2DP driver cannot be installed automatically, without downloading the Broadcom or other bluetooth drivers, I paired two computers above with a Jabra Street 2 to let the above two OSs loaded automatically the correct A2DP profile and paired again the MW600, and that's it, bingo, I got it working properly with great !

Hope this may help for those still searching the right driver to MW600... all I mean, the profile is already built-in, but the driver installation script to MW600 fails to update the registry properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
A side issue with bluetooth about old ThinkPads like T41, X31 etc, that the built-in BCM chip works great too with this BlueSoleil driver: IVT 6.2.227.10 though I didn't check it yet if it will expire after 30 days like that Toshiba stack.

Top Liked Posts