Attemp to try choose 'no'
But no more warning
Reverted to stock in silence --"

2 fame and same result

Root is fine with both devices

Sent from my GT-S6810 using xda app-developers app

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
I didn't had these issues so i don't know what to say.. Try flashing old cwm (6.0.2.8) from second post, with odin and from there flash as zip the new cwm... When i tested the root method I installed stock rom with odin, and after i flashed cwm, same with odin.. Rebooted in recovery, rooted and booted to android.. And after ten mins when i went back to recovery, cwm was still there.. No prompt, no silent stock recovery flashing, nothing. And as @Phil3759 said, 'yes, disable stock recovery' should do the trick..

If your recovery remains stock, repeat above steps and untick "autoreboot" in odin. Once flash is done, keep pressing power button + home + vol up until it reboots (always will go to recovery)
*when in recovery, if you choose option "reboot system now" and you get "yes - disable flash recovery", select that option to avoid stock recovery overwriting cwm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

midoen

Jan 27, 2014
Jakarta
I've installed this CWM, it works great..
but, there's a 'bug' or maybe I've done something wrong..
the thing is I couldn't get 'partition ext sd card' to works..
when I select it, it's just only 'refresh' the cwm, no further option..
would anyone, (esp. @corsicanu} enlighten me?
thank you so much..

cheers,,

Reactions: adipabeta

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
I've installed this CWM, it works great..
but, there's a 'bug' or maybe I've done something wrong..
the thing is I couldn't get 'partition ext sd card' to works..
when I select it, it's just only 'refresh' the cwm, no further option..
would anyone, (esp. @corsicanu} enlighten me?
thank you so much..

cheers,,

i don't really know because i didn't tried it.. but from what i remember it was working in previous cwm.. you could try installing 6.0.2.8 version and partition with it and after that flash back latest cwm..

LondonMpee

Feb 22, 2011
London
I didn't had these issues so i don't know what to say.. Try flashing old cwm (6.0.2.8) from second post, with odin and from there flash as zip the new cwm... When i tested the root method I installed stock rom with odin, and after i flashed cwm, same with odin.. Rebooted in recovery, rooted and booted to android.. And after ten mins when i went back to recovery, cwm was still there.. No prompt, no silent stock recovery flashing, nothing. And as @Phil3759 said, 'yes, disable stock recovery' should do the trick..

I too had the same issue with flashing CWM and after boot up in android then shut down back into recovery it had reverted back to stock recovery. Root was ok, that sticks.
Tried suggested flashing 6.0.2.8 via Odin then flash 6.0.4.6 zip but it still restored to stock recovery after booting Android. Flash counter now = 7 all for nothing :(
I even tried the dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 method but that would only give me temp CWM which again restored back to stock recovery after reboot to Android. :mad:
I only manage to get it to stop overwritng CWM 6.0.4.6 by deleting this /system/reboot-from-recovery.p
then flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 now the system does not keep writing stock recovery over CWM 6.0.4.6
I think It may be I did not flash a new ROM but just wanted rooted stock + CWM that some of us are getting CWM restored back to stock recovery. The phone is the wife's so had to restrain from too much messing with it, unlike my HTC which is well FOOBAR'ed :D

Last edited:

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
I too had the same issue with flashing CWM and after boot up in android then shut down back into recovery it had reverted back to stock recovery. Root was ok, that sticks.
Tried suggested flashing 6.0.2.8 via Odin then flash 6.0.4.6 zip but it still restored to stock recovery after booting Android. Flash counter now = 7 all for nothing :(
I even tried the dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 method but that would only give me temp CWM which again restored back to stock recovery after reboot to Android. :mad:
I only manage to get it to stop overwritng CWM 6.0.4.6 by deleting this /system/reboot-from-recovery.p
then flashed CWM 6.0.4.6 now the system does not keep writing stock recovery over CWM 6.0.4.6
I think It may be I did not flash a new ROM but just wanted rooted stock + CWM that some of us are getting CWM restored back to stock recovery. The phone is the wife's so had to restrain from too much messing with it, unlike my HTC which is well FOOBAR'ed :D

That might be the thing..:) All of my tests were made with deodexed system where that file wasn't.. I will edit tomorow the first page and add your instructions..:) Thanks!

adipabeta

Jan 18, 2013

Are you saying, you know how to fix the reverted recovery :D really, make it plainer :D

Last edited:

SnakeEyesNinja

Aug 23, 2013
In U r Brain
I have a Samsung Galaxy Fame gt-S6812 Running Stock Jelly bean..i want to root it..And Get rid of Its Laggines,,
Seriously The phone Hangs a lot ....i want the apps to move to sd card.../ remove some internal space..and make the phone a better device/..
Will this rooting help..Plz.help..actualy i was never a samsug user so i dont have anyidea about samsung rooting techniques.,but i have knowledge about sony rooting and rom info.

LondonMpee

Feb 22, 2011
London
Are you saying, you know how to fix the reverted recovery :D really, make it plainer :D

If you have root from flashing CWM then you can delete (or move it out and keep as a trophy!) a file from /system folder called reboot-from-recovery.p before you try flashing CWM again.
This seems to be the thing that keeps restoring stock recovery over CWM, I checked again last night and it's still CWM 6.0.4.6 :good:

Argdie

Oct 30, 2013
Argentina
Thanks, I tried it and it works great both backup and restore. Only one problem the first attempt to delete dalvik cache. Error "Can not partition device: or" is presented on the screen. On the second attempt seems clear the cache. Check this.

didije

Nov 10, 2009
corsicanu, could you upload the recovery.img for the old recovery? or, could you create a flashable zip (I cannot install it with odin for some reason). It is really needed, I need to restore a backup created by that recovery and I cannot install it and cannot find .img only .tar format.

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Thanks, I tried it and it works great both backup and restore. Only one problem the first attempt to delete dalvik cache. Error "Can not partition device: or" is presented on the screen. On the second attempt seems clear the cache. Check this.
Can`t check right now `cause i don`t have the phone any more.. Will see.. So for now the bugs are dalvik cache not working from first attempt and partition sd card.. Don`t know for sure when i will compile another cwm.. :( Sorry ..
corsicanu, could you upload the recovery.img for the old recovery? or, could you create a flashable zip (I cannot install it with odin for some reason). It is really needed, I need to restore a backup created by that recovery and I cannot install it and cannot find .img only .tar format.
Here you have it.. https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-zMfsAgHdrxU2UwQVowY241MUE&export=download Please test it and report if it`s working..:)
Rearranged files in gdrive :). You will find all in here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-zMfsAgHdrxS2VKWWMzZUpxXzg#list
Cheers and happy weekend!

RaphaelBarros

Nov 17, 2012
Sorry to bother, but it doesn't matter what I try I can't see to be able to install CWM.

First time I tried a problem appeared, Odin wasn't recognizing my phone. I realized that the drivers of my phone weren't installed on Windows (I hardly ever use Windows, and my Fame Duos (S6812B) is brand new, so I hadn't used it on Windows yet), and installed Kies.

Tried installing using what you said, unchecking the two options (which made the process finish with a "Pass" message, but the progress bar in my phone got full and nothing happened afterwards, wait some minutes and it didn't change, so I pressed the power button until it reset). Didn't work (recovery was still the stock recovery). Tried killing all Kies related processes on my PC before opening Odin and doing the same process, the recovery buttons still open the stock recovery. Tried the same thing, this time letting the two options you asked to uncheck checked (all the other places where I've seen to install this CWM on the fame didn't ask this), and still, the recovery is the stock one :(

Do you have any idea about what's that I'm doing wrong? Did I need to check something, have an SD Card in my phone or some other requisite that wasn't on the How-to?

Thank you very much.

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Sorry to bother, but it doesn't matter what I try I can't see to be able to install CWM.

First time I tried a problem appeared, Odin wasn't recognizing my phone. I realized that the drivers of my phone weren't installed on Windows (I hardly ever use Windows, and my Fame Duos (S6812B) is brand new, so I hadn't used it on Windows yet), and installed Kies.

Tried installing using what you said, unchecking the two options (which made the process finish with a "Pass" message, but the progress bar in my phone got full and nothing happened afterwards, wait some minutes and it didn't change, so I pressed the power button until it reset). Didn't work (recovery was still the stock recovery). Tried killing all Kies related processes on my PC before opening Odin and doing the same process, the recovery buttons still open the stock recovery. Tried the same thing, this time letting the two options you asked to uncheck checked (all the other places where I've seen to install this CWM on the fame didn't ask this), and still, the recovery is the stock one :(

Do you have any idea about what's that I'm doing wrong? Did I need to check something, have an SD Card in my phone or some other requisite that wasn't on the How-to?

Thank you very much.

Root via that chinese method (vroot or something), install a root explorer and search in /system for a file named reboot-from-recovery.p and move/delete it, unzip the archive containing the recovery and use Flashify from store to flash it.. Please try and report if you succeeded. Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note that Custom flash counter will increase and you will lose warranty!
    #I am not responsable for anything - lose of data, job, wife, hair etc.

The recovery is compatible with all versions of Galaxy Fame - s6810 / s6810P / s6810L / s6810E / s6812 and is the only one fully working!

CWM 6.0.5.1
    Changelog:
    -reverted to oldschool look
    -changed resolution for a nice fit into screen
    -home (middle) button still can be used as 'Select'
    This recovery is @wulsic`s work - don`t forget to visit his threads and thank him for his hard work on this device(s)

//make backups to external storage always because wiping data may wipe /data/media (internal) too and you will lose your backup!

What is working:
    -as before, everything, without Mass storage.

How to:
    If you have stock recovery see this:
    -download Odin 307
    -download CWM 6.0.5.1 archive and extract somewhere near
    -run Odin as administrator
    -uncheck "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time"
    -connect device under Download mode
    -under PDA tab select recovery.tar.md5 previously unziped
    -click Start and wait RESET status.
    -after flashing, reboot into recovery using 3button combo and see the magic!!
    If already having a previous version of cwm installed, flash the zip as usual and reboot recovery.

If you have problems with reverting to stock recovery, push Aroma File Manager into sdcard, flash via odin cwm 6.0.5.1, reboot into recovery and flash AromaFM as normal zip.. After flashing, find and delete reboot-from-recovery.p, located into /system folder.

Downloads:
    Flashable zip - CWM - 6.0.5.1
    Odin package - CWM - 6.0.5.1
    Odin v3.07
    Aroma File Manager

#Please give credit if posting somewhere else, out of this thread!
    Credits:
    * @wulsic
    *amarullz for great AromaFM
    *koush
    *Phil3759
    *CyanogenMod Team
    CWM 6.0.4.6 - Final
    Changelog:
    -removed some unused lines
    -removed of "No" when you need to confirm actions
    -home (middle) button now it can be used as 'Select'
    -abandoned support for Mount Mass Storage
    -added black background

//make backups to external storage always because wiping data may wipe /data/media (internal) too and you will lose your backup!

What is working:
    -as before, everything, without Mass storage.

How to:
    -download Odin 307
    -download cwm 7z archive and extract somewhere near
    If already having a previous version of cwm installed, flash the zip as usual and reboot recovery.

Downloads:
    Flashable zip - CWM - 6.0.4.6
    Odin package - CWM - 6.0.4.6
    Odin v3.07

Screenshots
    SoVTsBC.png
    NQJm3sJ.png

wZ5bY7i.png
    8vPoPNc.png

eumy1Dr.png
    x3yMPgE.png

VsqIFEN.png
    E2jh33l.png

BvMKaLX.png
    Old version:

CWM 6.0.4.6 - Final
    Changelog:
    -removed some unused lines
    -removed of "No" when you need to confirm actions
    -home (middle) button now it can be used as 'Select'
    -abandoned support for Mount Mass Storage
    -added black background

Downloads

How to:
    -download Odin 307
    -download cwm 7z archive and extract somewhere near
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CWM 6.0.2.8 - Still work in progress
    What`s working:
    -backup/restore
    -advanced restore
    -install zip
    -wipe data/cache/dalvik
    -fix permissions
    -format cache/system/data/preload/sdcard etc..

Bugs:
    -sdcard and external_sd are both mounting external storage-fixed
    -mount USB Mass Storage doesn`t work yet:eek:

How to:
    -download Odin 307
    -download cwm zip and extract somewhere near

Downloads:
    CWM-6028
    Odin v3.07

For /efs backup/restore see this:
    Backup
    Before all make sure you have a full cwm backup. Enter in terminal emulator and type:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/mnt/sdcard/efs.img bs=4096
    With this command you made a backup of your efs partition (that contains imei and other essential stuff). Enter with a file explorer in internal sd and see if you find 'efs.img'. If yes, you backed up your efs. It should be around 10,5MB. Now connect the phone to pc and copy efs.img somewhere and guard it with the price of your life :).
    Restore:
    Open terminal emulator and type:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/efs.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=4096
    Click enter and reboot. If after reboot you don`t have imei or you may be in safe mod reboot again. Bootanimation may get stuck and the phone may reboot by itself. Don`t worry.. It installs your efs back.

I tested the method:
    -made a backup
    -deleted efs folder - returned no imei, no baseband, no wifi, no nothing and safe mode.. scared the crap out of me
    -restored efs.img with the above commands and after first reboot all was back.. :)
    You can read more of it here.

#I`m not responsable for anything. Do it at your own risk. The method was tested by me, so it should work on your device too.
    woooowwww.. it's cool buddy. :victory:
    it's great work.
    thank's for the final cwm. :good:
    can you help me how to root the latest firmware of galaxy fame S6810.?

How to root stock firmware - easy way:
    -install cwm 6.0.4.6 with Odin 3.07
    -enter recovery
    -Advanced>Reboot Recovery
    -you will be prompted that root access is missing > select yes to root
    -after the reboot of recovery, flash the latest SuperSu update from Chainfire`s thread
    -reboot and enjoy your rooted phone
    -don`t forget to thank Chainfire for his awesome work

Downloads:
    Latest SuperSu Update
    Odin package - CWM - 6.0.4.6
    Odin v3.07

#Note that Custom flash counter will increase and you will lose warranty!
    #I am not responsable for anything - lose of data, job, wife, hair etc.
    To bypass flashing stock recovery:
    If you have root from flashing CWM then you can delete (or move it out and keep as a trophy!) a file from /system folder called reboot-from-recovery.p before you try flashing CWM again.
    This seems to be the thing that keeps restoring stock recovery over CWM, I checked again last night and it's still CWM 6.0.4.6 :good: