Guide : How to fix Software issues or Red light of death of Xperia C2305 / CS39H

Search This thread
Oct 25, 2016
Mumbai
So first off all what is red light of death It a hard brick state of Xperia C2305/CS39H and it is mostly caused when you are installing a cwm recovery and that won’t match the S1 boot version of your device. Also it is caused by software update not properly installed some errors or incorrect rom flashing not suitable for your device. So before starting to the repairing process read the notes.

Notes :
1. This is official way to recover the device so the warranty will not be voild.
images.jpg2.. You can use this process for any Xperia device having software issues ,hard brick , soft brick or bootloops any errors can be fixed by this.
3. In this process your stock android will be reinstall and all your data will be wiped so before starting. Take a backup from dr fone brick data repair download link is attached below you can download it and I will soon make a tutorial how to use it.
4. It is a stock rom so if you have unlocked bootloader it will not work you have to use unofficial flash tool to flash the rom.
5. If you face any issues during installation replay me below. Also read everything before starting.
6. You can proceed to the fix
So here how to fix it !!

Required :
1. Bricked Xperia C2305 or CS39H (softbrick , hardbrick ,any software issue, bootloops)
2. Windows PC or Mac but this procedure is only for Windows PC
3. Good Usb cable or Original cable best
4. Charger 800 mah or more. best way use original charger
5. Xperia Companion installed ( download link below windows only)
6. Xperia C2305/ CS39H USB drivers installed( download link below)
7. Proper high speed internet ( 800 kbps or more best 2 mbhs)
8. Time aprox 4hrs or more up to your internet speed

NOTE : BEFORE STARTING THIS OPEN THE BACK COVER OF THE DEVICE AND TAKE SOMETHING POINTED AND PRESS THE RESET
images.png BUTTON WHEN YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE PC WITH GREEN LED SHOWING THIS WILL WIPE THE THIRD PARTY CWM OR ANY RECOVERY ON YOUR DEVICE. IF YOU DONT THE UNSUPPORTED RECOVERY WILL BLOCK THE INSTALLION PROCESS. ONCE DONE FOLLOW THE STEPS.

So here the steps :
STEP ONE : See wheater your device is charged 80 % or not it is necessary because when you are in download mode alot of battery is consumed . Battery will not charge directly because device is non stop getting in download mode while charging consuming all the battery what is charged so how to charge battery First see the above notification led is off or on it is beside the front facing camera if its is on then the device is on off it by holding power button for 15sec once led is off insert usb and charge it again the above red led will on again off it by holding power button for 15sec Note disconnect the charging usb from device before pressing power button. Repeat this for 1 or 2 hr. Once done go to next step.
STEP TWO : First install Xperia C2305 / CS39H USB driver and then download Xperia Companion on your PC and open it then hit software repair chose smartphone and the hit click here. Once done it will download the drivers. Once done go to step three.
STEP THREE : hold power button for 15 sec then leave power button and hold vol- and insert the usb abd connect to pc don’t leave it until Xperia Companion detect it and leave the vol- and press next i agree all then it will download the OS of your device.
NOTE : KEEP IN MIND OS SIZE IS APROXIMATELY 700 MB SO DATA CHARGES MAY APPLY I AM NOT RESPONBLE IF YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR DATA PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK . Once done go to step four.
STEP FOUR: Disconnect the Usb and the start the device. First time will take 15 min or more to boot then select language and all the step up you are done.

CREDITS :
Me ( for explaining how to do this)
Sony Mobile Communication ( for making Xperia Companion)
Wonder share ( for making dr fone )

HIT THANKS IF THAT WORKS AND COMMENT BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM IN ANY PROCESS. I WILL HELP YOU ASASP.

Download links :
Xperia Companion :
http://www-support-downloads.sonymob...aCompanion.exe
Xperia C2305 / CS39H USB Drivers :
https://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/drivers/xperia-c-driver/
Dr fone offical download page :
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...ZVGc8N9D8wOZ-Q

THANK YOU FOR READING

Attachments

• E7IrzEd.png
    E7IrzEd.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,561

Khalid Zaki

Mar 12, 2017
What is the reason for sudden death ?

I never roooted or installed roms to my phone and it suddenly died ! No boot or recovery ! why ? Is there something wrong with sony's software ?My phone is xperia c2305 ... I took it to service center three times and after a few week from repairing it,it always dies again ? So if install a custom rom ,will the problem be gone ?I also want to know how to install the drivers ... I downloaded it but I don't know what to do with it.

Oct 25, 2016
Mumbai
I never roooted or installed roms to my phone and it suddenly died ! No boot or recovery ! why ? Is there something wrong with sony's software ?My phone is xperia c2305 ... I took it to service center three times and after a few week from repairing it,it always dies again ? So if install a custom rom ,will the problem be gone ?I also want to know how to install the drivers ... I downloaded it but I don't know what to do with it.
This is because your mother board has some issues if you have ever hard ware damage this is not new thing. Installing custom rom is not different then using stock the custom rom for xperia c are just stock themed so better dont install but sometimes it might able to slove the issue try installing custom rom. And the thing how to install drivers on yout windows pc charge the battery as shown in my guide then connect the usb to pc the go to control panel you will see the device as unidentified device click on it then search for driver on internet it will surely fail to find the hit browse then select the un zip driver file and select the driver it will install it you are done hit thanks if it works best wishes.

iSiddharth

Jul 20, 2014
Indore
itechnolearn.wordpress.com

There might be some problem with your Phone's hardware. If it's still under warranty, maybe the company can replace your device but at least they can try to repair it for free.

mody3bdo

Lol its too slow mine is 6 mb per sec speed

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Lol its too slow mine is 6 mb per sec speed which windows you are using also how much bits ? Tell me I will help you in troubleshooting also can u add the screen shot showing error

I am using windows 10 (32 bit)
Screenshot for the error ..

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_2017.04.30_04h12m55s_001_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_2017.04.30_04h12m55s_001_.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 695

mody3bdo

Lol its too slow mine is 6 mb per sec speed

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Lol its too slow mine is 6 mb per sec speed which windows you are using also how much bits ? Tell me I will help you in troubleshooting also can u add the screen shot showing error

Xperia Companion can't connect to server please uninstall it and download from my thread https://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-c...fix-software-issues-red-t3578944/post72438460

okey , i will try

mody3bdo

Hey mody3bdo sorry for not answering you I was busy in making my ROM for XPERIA C now I am free I can help you out but for that I need to ask you some questions answer me ASAP so I could assist you
Q.
- Which PC you have ?
- Is your device C2305 ?
- Have you installed ADB drivers of your device ?
- Where it goes 1/3 does it started to download the OS means does it showed you to connect your device or you haven't yet installed just installzing ?? (This is very imp )
- Does your device Hard brick or Soft brick

---- ALSO YOU CAN CHECK UPDATED VERSION OF THIS GUIDE
OVER HERE https://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-c/help/how-to-fix-dead-xperia-device-reinstall-t3612413 ----

HIT THANKS TO SUPPORT ME & MY WORK ALSO DONT FORGOT TO COMMENT BELOW

-My pc ia an hp laptop and i tried to use xperia companion on my desktop pc but the same problem

-yup my device is c2305
-I couldn't install adb drivers as nothing appear in the device manager
- yup it starts to download the os after (initializing) and connecting my device
- i think its a soft break as it just gave me an error while booting (Encryption unsuccessful) So I booted into recovery and selected (WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET) , So I got into a bootloop , it just stuck on SONY logo .. So I am trying to repaire it to face that error (UEupdatefailed UE2005)
Thanks for helping :)

Sent from my SM-G530H using XDA Labs

mody3bdo

Hey bro don't worry there is a will there is a way remove the back cover of your xperia take some pin or pointed object then hit the rest button wait for some time if your device gets on you are ready if you have got your device stuck due to wipe data factory reset then its not a brick you are stuck on boot logo so might Wmshua works if you have ever flash it using it or else it useless try pressing reset switch back might help you

DON'T FORGOT TO HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE ME POST THAT WILL HELP ME

I tried with a pen but i face a problem with wmshua (flash failed undefinied )

Sent from my SM-G530H using XDA Labs

gradd

Jan 10, 2012
N15°42.305' E120°54.047
Hello guys this guide is out dated ... If you wish to try it then just go to my guide over here : https://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-c...fix-software-issues-red-t3578944/post72438460

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Hey mody3bdo sorry for not answering you I was busy in making my ROM for XPERIA C now I am free I can help you out but for that I need to ask you some questions answer me ASAP so I could assist you
Q.
- Which PC you have ?
- Is your device C2305 ?
- Have you installed ADB drivers of your device ?
- Where it goes 1/3 does it started to download the OS means does it showed you to connect your device or you haven't yet installed just installzing ?? (This is very imp )
- Does your device Hard brick or Soft brick

---- ALSO YOU CAN CHECK UPDATED VERSION OF THIS GUIDE
OVER HERE https://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-c/help/how-to-fix-dead-xperia-device-reinstall-t3612413 ----

hi, im in this same situation but after reading the replies i discovered I'm installing drivers not the proper way, thanks in somewhere in page 2. will try my luck again later today, I'm using win 7 32bit if that matters. also is there any other way to charge my device internal battery? I'm suspecting it's battery is almost depleted. coz everytime i connect my phone to usb, it shows unknown device with a steady red light indicates it recognize the device in my pc. but disappears around 10secs maybe as soon the led light starts blinking. if i charge the device in doesnt show any charging animation or led it just turn on by itself on sony logo then reboot on endless loop when charging on a wall charger

Last edited: