[App] Can You Drive ?

Search This thread

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
Hey,

We've added a new app to the market - Can You Drive?

The app helps you to decide whether you can drive your car legally.

It contains a database of drinks (390 items), that includes all the popular drinks you know.

The program recognizes your general location, and adjusts itself to the local law in your country.

You can also add custom drinks(and take their photos) and see what else you can drink before reaching the alcohol limit.You may also create cocktails and mixes - simply enter the ingredients and the app will calculate your cocktail's alcohol content.

Facebook integration is included as well.

The app supports both US and Metric units.

A statistics page is also available(including many facts), as well as a 'call a friend' feature, which allows you to call a friend or a taxi in case you crossed the alcohol limit.

The app uses the Widmark's Formula for it's calculations. The results shown are of course a recommendation, and are supposed to give you general indication.You should not drink and drive.

We would really like to hear some feedback.

Markets links -
Market | App Brain | Amazon | GetJar

Direct Links -
Mega Upload | Hotfile | RapidShare

Important message - (16.06.11)
Due to a certain problem we had to remove the app from the market and upload it again.
If you've downloaded our app, we highly recommend that you'd re-download it, so you could get future updates(including the one that was released today).
We are sorry for any inconceivable this may have caused.

Changes in the latest version(1.0.7, released 16.06.11)
* The app now remembers your drinks after you've left it, allowing you to use the app in real-time throughout the evening.

* Added more drinks.

chart

Thanks!

Mickael and Ben

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 208
  • selectDrinks.jpg
    selectDrinks.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Reactions: ph.miki

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Interesting. Might take a look.

Edited for seriousness.

Enviado desde mi PC36100 utilizando XDA Premium de la aplicación

Last edited:

billwinkle

Feb 5, 2011
San Diego
While your intentions are honorable, there are too many factors to be acurate. Weight, the last time you ate and more has to go into the equation. Im afraid someone will rely on your app and thinking they are sober, jumps in a car and kills a whole family. Please I beg u to think this thru. As somebody who lost someone to a drunk driver I beg you to reconsider.
Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
While your intentions are honorable, there are too many factors to be acurate. Weight, the last time you ate and more has to go into the equation. Im afraid someone will rely on your app and thinking they are sober, jumps in a car and kills a whole family. Please I beg u to think this thru. As somebody who lost someone to a drunk driver I beg you to reconsider.
Thank you

While I definitely see where you are coming from, I should think most people would take this into account. Sorry to hear as I also have someone in the family who was seriously disabled, both mentally and physically, by a drunk driver. Obviously self awareness is the key issue. Not sure how deep this app goes as I haven't yet checked, but I definitely see where you are coming from.

Enviado desde mi PC36100 utilizando XDA Premium de la aplicación

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
The app uses your gender and weight in the calculation.

The intention of the app is not to encourage people to drink and drive, but to plan their evening responsibly, and to know their limits.

Like any other human-related calculator, the results are not 100% accurate, but they do give general advice regarding your state. Please note that if the user is approaching the alcohol limit, the program warns him and tells him to designate a sober driver.

billwinkle, can you try look at it this way - What if someone will rely on the app and waits for 30 minutes, when otherwise he would just drive?

On a whole different note - If anyone who downloaded the app knows about cool and familiar drinks, you are more than welcome to tell us about them via email(canydrive@gmail.com) or this forum.

Thanks!

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
A new update has been released - 1.0.4.New features -

* The app now remembers what you like drinking, and pushes your favorite drinks to the top of the list so you can locate them faster.

* Added an option to call a friend or a taxi to take you home.

* Added new drinks and quantities to choose from(including Pint size).

Last edited:

billwinkle

Feb 5, 2011
San Diego
Torifa,
Thank you for adding the option to call a ride. I have not seen your app yet, but do you have your app set to but that part in bold and a bright color?

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Who drinks a lot and say " wait, I should take a look at the app first? "

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
@ billwinkle - The option to call a ride home is a button located in the page that tells the user he can't drive.

@ noodles2224 - I don't know if you were kidding, but the app is not meant for people who "drink a lot" and expect to drive.

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
A small update has been released. The update fixed a bug that caused the app to crash on some devices.

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
This app implies that in the right quantity, you can drink and drive. Bottom line is that although there may be a legal limit, there is no safe limit.

I hope that anyone looking into this will just consider not driving at all, even if you are only going to have one drink.

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
Hey all,
A new update has been released - 1.0.6. Features -

* Added statistics page.

* Added new drinks.

* The alcohol limit has been updated in some countries.

* Bug fixes.

Thanks,
Mickael and Ben

LfcFan1977

Nov 7, 2010
I read about one line of the OP but I think the best idea for this app would be that after selecting whatever drink, it says "You should not drive and if you need a F*#%ing app to tell you that then perhaps you should not have a license at all".
Seriously, what a crazy idea.

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
Obviously, the point of this app is not to encourage users to drink and drive. It's the exact opposite of that.
Our goal is to help people plan their evening responsibly and abide the law.

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
If you are anywhere close you the BAC limit the app will warn you not you drive, and to appoint a sober driver.
We also have a 'call a friend or a taxi' button in case you can't drive.

tofira

Feb 10, 2011
Important message (16.06.11)-
Due to a certain problem we had to remove the app from the market and upload it again.
If you've downloaded our app, we highly recommend that you'd re-download it, so you could get future updates(including the one that was released today).

Link to the new version -
http://market.android.com/details?id=canyou.drive

* The app now remembers your drinks after you've left it, allowing you to use the app in real-time throughout the evening.

* Added new drinks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

We've added a new app to the market - Can You Drive?

The app helps you to decide whether you can drive your car legally.

It contains a database of drinks (390 items), that includes all the popular drinks you know.

The program recognizes your general location, and adjusts itself to the local law in your country.

You can also add custom drinks(and take their photos) and see what else you can drink before reaching the alcohol limit.You may also create cocktails and mixes - simply enter the ingredients and the app will calculate your cocktail's alcohol content.

Facebook integration is included as well.

The app supports both US and Metric units.

A statistics page is also available(including many facts), as well as a 'call a friend' feature, which allows you to call a friend or a taxi in case you crossed the alcohol limit.

The app uses the Widmark's Formula for it's calculations. The results shown are of course a recommendation, and are supposed to give you general indication.You should not drink and drive.

We would really like to hear some feedback.

Markets links -
    Market | App Brain | Amazon | GetJar

Direct Links -
    Mega Upload | Hotfile | RapidShare

Important message - (16.06.11)

* Added more drinks.

chart

Thanks!

Mickael and Ben