GAPPS ICS 12/22/11: http://www.mediafire.com/?db9zc0mq1lj0gqe

Donate for hard work:
donate to ngocha2006

Last edited:

ZOMBI3

Mar 9, 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Really ? Its already out ? Ill try it then,

EDIT,I Tried it pretty sweet stuff, Can't wait for everything to work :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Last edited:

CliveBurton

Dec 26, 2011
This is such great news!!! knowing that motorola is unlikely to release an official build of ICS! I will follow this thread closely!

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
wow, i honestly wasn't expecting to see this thread that soon!
I am definitely going to give it a try.

I wonder if market download issue is related to drm server not started. HTC Vision ICS alpha builds had this problem. I will report back once I get a chance to try it.

Edit: Just as I thought issue with market not downloading is due to DRM server not started at boot. To fix market downloads do the following on shell as root:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod +x /system/bin/drmserver
/system/bin/drmserver&
mount -o remount,ro /system
After this Market will install fine.

How do we get in CWR? Reboot to recovery doesn't appear to be working, even wipe data from settings doesn't engage. I noticed now during boot while at M logo, brightness goes down and notification light goes blue for a second, then green for another second then off, shortly after boot animation starts. I tried holding vol+- keys and camera to see if I boot into something else than normal boot, but no luck. Actually - managed to boot in "safe mode" by holding the camera key I believe (or was it some of the vol keys?). Phone started but was saying "safe mode" in the lower left corner of the screen.

So far I can say WIFI, bluetooth and GPS work fine, but GSM/CDMA connection is not. Phone says no service and signal bar is blank. I cannot even get into mobile network settings (force closes), even *#*#4636#*#* service menu FC's. Also messaging app crashes on boot (I guess related to GSM/CDMA issue).

But I am impressed how smoothly phone operates, transitions and all!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZOMBI3

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Another bug I found - HW keyboard has issues with ~ button (top left corner). In most cases it engages as Tab key. I managed to get it do ~ once or twice. The rest of the blue symbols (ALT) work fine. ALT Lock functions properly too (except for ~ key).

Also launcher seems to be not quite landscape aware, or at least there is something buggy there. When I slide keyboard open while on home screen or in app drawer, the screen orientates and shows fine in landscape in split second then goes back portrait.

As far as GSM/CDMA goes - no go. Tried both with and without SIM card - nothing happens. Phone settings keep force closing.

Reactions: ZOMBI3

Dark Cricket

Feb 14, 2011
Phone.apk

In order to change from GSM to CDMA, you must edit the phone.apk to withstand the global mode

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
In order to change from GSM to CDMA, you must edit the phone.apk to withstand the global mode

Not sure exactly what you mean honestly. I am in Canada and use the phone on GSM. My CDMA radio is active too, but I only use it when travelling in the US. The thing is phone does not start in either mode. Nor there is way to flip between modes. I was thinking of editing build.prop to set in either mode (not default Global), but data wipe doesn't work either. And I can't figure way how to enter Clockwork either. Waiting on more knowledgeable people to shed some light here...

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

bebilakner

Oct 27, 2008
Baia Mare

I wonder if market download issue is related to drm server not started. HTC Vision ICS alpha builds had this problem. I will report back once I get a chance to try it.

Edit: Just as I thought issue with market not downloading is due to DRM server not started at boot. To fix market downloads do the following on shell as root:

Code:
/system/bin/drmserver&

How do we get in CWR? Reboot to recovery doesn't appear to be working, even wipe data from settings doesn't engage. I noticed now during boot while at M logo, brightness goes down and notification light goes blue for a second, then green for another second then off, shortly after boot animation starts. I tried holding vol+- keys and camera to see if I boot into something else than normal boot, but no luck. Actually - managed to boot in "safe mode" by holding the camera key I believe (or was it some of the vol keys?). Phone started but was saying "safe mode" in the lower left corner of the screen.

So far I can say WIFI, bluetooth and GPS work fine, but GSM/CDMA connection is not. Phone says no service and signal bar is blank. I cannot even get into mobile network settings (force closes), even *#*#4636#*#* service menu FC's. Also messaging app crashes on boot (I guess related to GSM/CDMA issue).

Right when the LED turns blue, I've pressed volume down and I was in the android boot menu. Hope this helps. Still can't figure how to make GSM work. It worked on first install, but after I installed gapps refused to work anymore and keeps giving an error at startup about messaging service. But I'm not giving up... :)

Reactions: leobg

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Right when the LED turns blue, I've pressed volume down and I was in the android boot menu. Hope this helps. Still can't figure how to make GSM work. It worked on first install, but after I installed gapps refused to work anymore and keeps giving an error at startup about messaging service. But I'm not giving up... :)

Thanks!! I guess my timing was bad when I was trying combinations :)

Now at least I know how to get into recovery. I'll try playing with build.prop to see if I can fire up in GSM or CDMA mode instead of Global..

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Another interesting thing is about battery. Not sure if gauge works, but today after 12+ hours on battery (with wifi enabled!) I am still at 100%...

Bigby2727

Mar 29, 2010
Google Pixel 6

Code:
/system/bin/drmserver&

can u explain how to fix market.....what do u mean shell on a pc with the usb connected to the phone or from the phone i do that.....

Last edited:
Thanks!! I guess my timing was bad when I was trying combinations :)

Now at least I know how to get into recovery. I'll try playing with build.prop to see if I can fire up in GSM or CDMA mode instead of Global..

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Another interesting thing is about battery. Not sure if gauge works, but today after 12+ hours on battery (with wifi enabled!) I am still at 100%...

Not sure if gauge works huh? Just playin' with ya :D But does same on mine, so "No" I'm gonna guess it does not. :p

MGA2009

Jul 21, 2009
Hi,

I am stuck at MOTOROLA logo after trying to flash this ROM.

I was in 2.4.3.30 booted up to CWM using Droid 2 Bootstrap and flashed ICS zip file.
Now phone won't boot, it is stuck in MOTOROLA logo... I think I bricked my device...

I can enter recovery but I don't think that would help.

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards.

Bigby2727

Mar 29, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Hi,

I was in 2.4.3.30 booted up to CWM using Droid 2 Bootstrap and flashed ICS zip file.
Now phone won't boot, it is stuck in MOTOROLA logo... I think I bricked my device...

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards.

yea after i installed this rom it was working fine but then i tried the market fixed and now my phone shuts off and the only way i can turn it on if i keep the charger plugged can someone help with this.....one more thing i cant get it to bootloader it dont let me.....

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Hi,

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards.

You need to update to Gingerbread before you flash this. Froyo kernel won't work. Simply SBF back stock, update to Gingerbread (4.5.608) OTA, then root, install CWM and proceed with flashing ICS zip at this point.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

can u explain how to fix market.....what do u mean shell on a pc with the usb connected to the phone or from the phone i do that.....

Essentially, you need to launch /system/bin/drmserver process. You can either do from terminal or from adb shell.

If you have terminal.apk - install it from file manager then launch and start drmserver that way - you don't need adb. BTW - it seems drmserver has the right permissions already, just needs to be launched (no need to remount read/write and changing permissions - essentially only one line remains from the original:
Code:
/system/bin/drmserver&
. (the ampersand at the end is so it detaches from shell and goes in background). If market was launched before you start drmserver, you need to stop market from app management. After that when you start market, it will download just fine.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

yea after i installed this rom it was working fine but then i tried the market fixed and now my phone shuts off and the only way i can turn it on if i keep the charger plugged can someone help with this.....one more thing i cant get it to bootloader it dont let me.....

Looks like battery gauge is not working (shows always full battery). Try recharging battery on external charger or see if you leave phone plugged in for a while if it charges.
As for bootloader - the problem is likely again the battery - if it is too low, it won't let you flash sbf.

Reactions: Bigby2727

Bigby2727

Mar 29, 2010
Google Pixel 6
You need to update to Gingerbread before you flash this. Froyo kernel won't work. Simply SBF back stock, update to Gingerbread (4.5.608) OTA, then root, install CWM and proceed with flashing ICS zip at this point.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Essentially, you need to launch /system/bin/drmserver process. You can either do from terminal or from adb shell.

If you have terminal.apk - install it from file manager then launch and start drmserver that way - you don't need adb. BTW - it seems drmserver has the right permissions already, just needs to be launched (no need to remount read/write and changing permissions - essentially only one line remains from the original:
Code:
/system/bin/drmserver&
. (the ampersand at the end is so it detaches from shell and goes in background). If market was launched before you start drmserver, you need to stop market from app management. After that when you start market, it will download just fine.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Looks like battery gauge is not working (shows always full battery). Try recharging battery on external charger or see if you leave phone plugged in for a while if it charges.
As for bootloader - the problem is likely again the battery - if it is too low, it won't let you flash sbf.

So all I got to do is enter that not the other first one in the other post.....and thanks for the info

rixter13

Feb 20, 2011

Hi, not sure if it will help, but ICS on the Droid 1 does something similar, I have found that if you open a terminal, do a 'su' then at a # type 'radiooptions 1' you get your cell connection back. Not sure if this is applicable in your situation, but might be worth the try.

B

bikedude880

Get out of here you Defy-kanging noob. Please take down your donation link while I gather evidence to prove that you steal other peoples work.

This "project" is also stolen: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410879

Edit: And please don't lie about features, you know you're baseband doesn't show in About.
As a side note: way to help people after release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [D2G][CM9] N.HA ICS 4.0.3 Alpha 1

What works:
    Phone GSM\CDMA
    Wi-Fi
    SMS
    Audio
    Sensors
    SDCard
    EGL
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    HW 2d And 3D
    USB
    Charging

What doesn't work:
    Camera
    Download Market
    Talk
    Data phone (I don't have the test)
    Possibly more..........................

N.HA D2 CM9-ICS 4.0.3: http://www.mediafire.com/?ph3pxcvgy71xeg7
    GAPPS ICS 12/22/11: http://www.mediafire.com/?db9zc0mq1lj0gqe

Donate for hard work:
    donate to ngocha2006

Code:
    /system/bin/drmserver&

Another bug I found - HW keyboard has issues with ~ button (top left corner). In most cases it engages as Tab key. I managed to get it do ~ once or twice. The rest of the blue symbols (ALT) work fine. ALT Lock functions properly too (except for ~ key).

Also launcher seems to be not quite landscape aware, or at least there is something buggy there. When I slide keyboard open while on home screen or in app drawer, the screen orientates and shows fine in landscape in split second then goes back portrait.

As far as GSM/CDMA goes - no go. Tried both with and without SIM card - nothing happens. Phone settings keep force closing.

Code:
    /system/bin/drmserver&

Hi,

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards.

Code:
    /system/bin/drmserver&