How to flash P1000 with a 1 file firmware?

Search This thread

Veydron

Mar 25, 2007
I just downloaded an asian firmware P1000DXJPJ_P1000OLBJPI_XSP.zip. In this zip theres only 2 files:

P1000DXJPJ_P1000OLBJPI_P1000DXJPE_HOME.tar.md5
SS_DL.dll

Theres plenty of guides out there but all of them are using separate files. I found some separate files but doesnt have the language that I wanted. Only this firmware I downloaded got what I need but then its in a single file. So can anyone guide me how do I flash this firmware into my P1000?

Thanks in advance.

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
You can ignore that dll, I see that too after extracting the zip file. Flash only the md5. There are actually lot of instructions here on how to flash, via odin. Just check it out but just make sure you have the right firmware else you'll be having trouble. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire S

Veydron

Mar 25, 2007
Well yea... theres plenty of guides how to flash with odin. But problem is I never seen any guide that show you how to flash a single file with odin to a p1000. Probably I didnt search enough but I really did searched alot and I came up with nothing.

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
Well yea... theres plenty of guides how to flash with odin. But problem is I never seen any guide that show you how to flash a single file with odin to a p1000. Probably I didnt search enough but I really did searched alot and I came up with nothing.

In that case, I'm gonna leave the experts to reply to you. I'm kinda new to here (in GT forum) too.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
JNBb.jpg

You'll need the PIT file for the PIT section, the .md5 under PDA, and a carrier-specific modem .bin for modem (if you know you need it anyway).

Veydron

Mar 25, 2007
JNBb.jpg

You'll need the PIT file for the PIT section, the .md5 under PDA, and a carrier-specific modem .bin for modem (if you know you need it anyway).

Yes... Most guide showing that you need afew md5 files, PDA, modem etc etc... but the file that I have is just only 1 file. I have downloaded afew diff firmware but all only 1 HOME file. How do I flash it with Odin onto the phone?

MarlX

Jun 15, 2011
www.myarcade.ws
The pit file is kinda all the same (correct me if I'm wrong) so you can download it anywhere. Then the md5 file. That two was all I need to return to stock/and upgrade to Gingerbread. I left the PHONE field blank.

Yes... Most guide showing that you need afew md5 files, PDA, modem etc etc... but the file that I have is just only 1 file. I have downloaded afew diff firmware but all only 1 HOME file. How do I flash it with Odin onto the phone?

Veydron

Mar 25, 2007
The pit file is kinda all the same (correct me if I'm wrong) so you can download it anywhere. Then the md5 file. That two was all I need to return to stock/and upgrade to Gingerbread. I left the PHONE field blank.

Is this a solution or what? If you wanna help please make it clear what to do. I got all the pit and ops files. My main question is how to you flash a single file? what version of odin used? pit or ops? Under which section should I put the 1 file for flashing? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Odin 1.7 is good for SGT7

If you are coming from common GB ROM that has no modified partition, you don't need a pit file. (Assuming you are not running MTD version of ICS now)
If you have a working modem, again, no need to flash a modem file.
So, do like what espionage724
but no need to put pit and modem file, don't tick "re-partiton".

Now, if you are from MTD ROM, then you need all like what espionage724 has there.

Veydron

Mar 25, 2007
Odin 1.7 is good for SGT7

If you are coming from common GB ROM that has no modified partition, you don't need a pit file. (Assuming you are not running MTD version of ICS now)
If you have a working modem, again, no need to flash a modem file.
So, do like what espionage724
but no need to put pit and modem file, don't tick "re-partiton".

Now, if you are from MTD ROM, then you need all like what espionage724 has there.

Im sorry, I dont mean no offence. Im new to Samsung. Total noob here. Im going crazy :crying: What is GB ROM and MTD ROM?
I have tried without using a pit file. Re-partition unchecked. P1000DXJPJ_P1000OLBJPI_P1000DXJPE_HOME.tar.md5 in PDA. The rest blank. Still yet... Failed.

<ID:0/008> Removed!!
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> P1000DXJPJ_P1000OLBJPI_P1000DXJPE_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/008> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> boot.bin
<ID:0/008> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/008> param.lfs
<ID:0/008> zImage
<ID:0/008> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/008> cache.rfs
<ID:0/008> hidden.rfs
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I have tried using gt-p1000_mr.pit and s1_odin_20100803.pit, non worked. All failed.
Please bare with me here. Im not sure what m I doing now LMAO!

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
GB is Gingerbread (Android 2.3)
ICS is Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

MTD and non MTD refers to the partition table. ICS ROMs (CM9 and AOKP just to name a few), after April 2012, uses open standard partition table called MTD. To return to stock Samsung (non MTD alias BML) partition table, a pit file is a must, repartition checked.

First, don't just stick any pit file not made for your device. It will brick your device.
(what is that s1_odin_20100803.pit, don't tell me it is Galaxy S pit file... because I don't know what is it going to do with your tab internal memory)

BTW, why do you want to specifically flash this ROM file you have?
Have you tried Overcome GB-Stock-Safe-v5 from Overcome guide?

Go to overcome site
http://www.teamovercome.net

Read the guide,
Missing pictures can be seen here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20974872
Follow the picture step by step.

Basically to restock:
Download GB-stock-safe-v5.zip, unzip it and and flash with ODIN according to the guide.

Stop there and you will have Gingerbread JQ1

You can continue with the rest, and you will get Overcome 4.1 and you won't regret.
From there you can then try AOKP or CM9, all requires you to have Overcome Kernel with its CWM recovery to flash.

Veydron

Mar 25, 2007
I have tried the Overcome way but failed.

<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/008> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> boot.bin
<ID:0/008> cache.rfs
<ID:0/008> dbdata.rfs
<ID:0/008> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/008> movinand.mst
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? Im totally lost now...

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
yeah, setup connection seems to be caused by wrong Odin version. PIT I don't know.
That is why I recommend GB-stock-safe-v5 overcome's way.
It has everything of the correct version.
Easy.

Next time, just a suggestion, when jumping to a thread, at least try what was said in that thread.

chatpata

Nov 28, 2012
I just downloaded an asian firmware P1000DXJPJ_P1000OLBJPI_XSP.zip. In this zip theres only 2 files:

P1000DXJPJ_P1000OLBJPI_P1000DXJPE_HOME.tar.md5
SS_DL.dll

Theres plenty of guides out there but all of them are using separate files. I found some separate files but doesnt have the language that I wanted. Only this firmware I downloaded got what I need but then its in a single file. So can anyone guide me how do I flash this firmware into my P1000?

Thanks in advance.

Simply put the home.tar.md5 file in pda box and flash and reply if it works for you, for me it worked

sweynmonillas

Dec 3, 2012
May i ask if your tab is on its download mode?
Just a noob question.

Can you use your tab normally b4 flashing?
I normally just follow overcome instruction and always a 100% success.
Can you extract the md5 file using rar extractor.(normally i can)
Try downloading the md5 file again,(if not)

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium