[Q] Moving LG G2 LS980 from Sprint to Verizon

Search This thread

cloudedmemory000

Apr 30, 2014
I have read all the guides for unlocking the SIM for GSM networks. But What I'm trying to do is use my Sprint LG G2 LS980 on my Verizon Account.

I have gotten the unlock SML from Sprint for the device and I know both networks are CDMA, so I should be able to put in a Verizon Sim, enter unlock code, the BOOM! Have my Verizon plan.

But when I insert the Verizon SIM card into the phone it says "No SIM card - Emergency calls only"

Why wont it even detect that there is a SIM card in the device.

J.Max

Nov 10, 2010
I have read all the guides for unlocking the SIM for GSM networks. But What I'm trying to do is use my Sprint LG G2 LS980 on my Verizon Account.

I have gotten the unlock SML from Sprint for the device and I know both networks are CDMA, so I should be able to put in a Verizon Sim, enter unlock code, the BOOM! Have my Verizon plan.

But when I insert the Verizon SIM card into the phone it says "No SIM card - Emergency calls only"

Why wont it even detect that there is a SIM card in the device.

It won't work anyway...the voice network is CDMA, meaning that the serial number needs to be whitelisted by Verizon for the device to work. Unlocking only works for GSM devices; you might be able to use it on AT&T or T-Mobile (3G mode) since the UMTS network should work there.

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
It won't work anyway...the voice network is CDMA, meaning that the serial number needs to be whitelisted by Verizon for the device to work. Unlocking only works for GSM devices; you might be able to use it on AT&T or T-Mobile (3G mode) since the UMTS network should work there.
Call the new network now so you can port it from the old network