[FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock NDC Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2] [BOOST/VM]

Search This thread

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Nothing fancy, just the Boost/VM variant of 4.4.2 Kit Kat tar, captured from Kies.

NOTE: For those Boost/VM users who flashed the Sprint ND8 version, this WILL flash successfully over the ND8 bootloader.

- This will (should) not wipe your data.

- As with everything, you are responsible for what you do to your device.

- I have Deodexed and Odexed rooted stock zips ready to test if someone wants to give them a go. Let me know.

Download Link

Instructions:

1. Download file to your PC(somewhere you can find it!)
2. Put your phone into Download/Odin mode
3. Start Odin(I suggest the latest, 3.09 is out now I think, I used 3.07)
4. Click on PDA, find tar file, click it to put it into PDA slot
5. Click Start
6. Takes a good 15 minutes, so sit back and chill. It will reboot on it's own, and you now have Kit Kat.

Oh, and because I know someone will ask, YES, this does have the Knox bootloader on it :)

Last edited:

marcran75

Jul 22, 2013
Syracuse,NY
Does anyone have the modem from this build. Hoping it will fix issues I'm having with ND8 modem.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: primusss4

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
No dice. Wiped cache and dalvik, flashed modem and wiped cache and dalvik again for good measure. Wi-Fi won't even turn on.

It did the same thing for me on nd8 boot loader. Try a custom kernel perhaps. KT747 was recommended to me for that fix, but I flashed ndc before I got around to trying it

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Im going to stick with the nd8 modem. I thought about trying this but everything is working fine. I use virgin mobile and i use xda. When i bought my s3 i couldn't find kit kat for virgin so i researched the sprint tar. I was only on the stock virgin 4.3 for a day, and rooted and what not. I odined sprint s3 stock nd8 tar through odin3.07 with reboot unticked- pulled battery - odined philz touch recovery(spr) reboot unticked - pulled battery. Then i booted into recovery flashed newest philz (lte) recovery. Then i flashed bilgerryans wicked x rom. Phone is now rooted, deodexed, and has custom kernal. Phone works great, especially since i changed data setting for throttling. Hope this helps someone. My exact steps i took to get my phone to awsomeness.

SPH-L710 SGS3 Bilgerryan's Wicked X Kit Kat v7.0 with s5 ported apps - Powered by Ktoonsez's KT747

Last edited:

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Just Odin'd my GS3 today with this and everything went well. My drop down notification bar says Virgin Mobile like it should. No problems except not receiving a 4G signal where I used to. It doesn't even say 3g. Is there something I should know about this? LOL. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Just Odin'd my GS3 today with this and everything went well. My drop down notification bar says Virgin Mobile like it should. No problems except not receiving a 4G signal where I used to. It doesn't even say 3g. Is there something I should know about this? LOL. Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Update your Profile and PRL in Settings/More/System Updates

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Hi! Update PRL and Profile from the Settings / More / System Update menu.

If that doesn't do it, there's a code to dial in the stock dialer to reset data. I need to add it to my contacts some I keep forgetting. ##73678# or something like that. Be prepared, I think it reboots your phone in the process. Then update PRL and Profile again after.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: PS4AndroidHacker

marcran75

Jul 22, 2013
Syracuse,NY

If that doesn't do it, there's a code to dial in the stock dialer to reset data. I need to add it to my contacts some I keep forgetting. ##73678# or something like that. Be prepared, I think it reboots your phone in the process. Then update PRL and Profile again after.
@bilgerryan, what's the code? TIA

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

##72786#

Is there a KnoxFree release of this yet? Am I just blind?

If your waiting for a knox free version.... You will be waiting forever. Its not going to happen. There is no way to take knox out of the bootloader, trust me everyone has been trying... Knox just makes it were you cant downgrade through odin. You can flash any rom version you want in recovery.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums...f-1145-4404-8c04-3460628ca1bf_zps4f663980.jpg

@the_original_teknikl
PCB Wicked Blue Theme

@TONY6669
Mean Wicked Green Theme
Pink for Breast Cancer Theme(4 4 2 port soon)

@TeamBlackOut
Themed Apps

@roirraw"edor"eht
Plasma Battery Mod

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

FatalIll

Jul 28, 2011
If your waiting for a knox free version.... You will be waiting forever. Its not going to happen. There is no way to take knox out of the bootloader, trust me everyone has been trying... Knox just makes it were you cant downgrade through odin. You can flash any rom version you want in recovery.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums...f-1145-4404-8c04-3460628ca1bf_zps4f663980.jpg

@the_original_teknikl
PCB Wicked Blue Theme

@TONY6669
Mean Wicked Green Theme

@TeamBlackOut
Themed Apps

@roirraw"edor"eht
Plasma Battery Mod

MK5 was made KNOX free... Hell, I have MK5 modem & bootloader, completely KNOX free...

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
MK5 was made KNOX free... Hell, I have MK5 modem & bootloader, completely KNOX free...

And Knox was further incorporated into the device with 4.4 (and it will be in all Android devices to some extent with Android L). It makes a call to see if Knox is present at first boot, if it's not there it bricks the device. All the newer devices have it too. Unless you're planning on sending your phone to Samsung for a warranty claim there no reason to even think about it being there.

FatalIll

Jul 28, 2011
And Knox was further incorporated into the device. It makes a call to see if Knox is present at first boot, if it's not there it bricks the device. All the newer devices have it too. Unless you're planning on sending your phone to Samsung for a warranty claim there no reason to even think about it being there.

Last time I had KNOX, I flashed a new recovery ZIP and bricked the phone. I don't want to tip-toe around KNOX if its there, I dont want to have to worry about it all together. :eek: If I just flash the Modem, will I get KNOX or will it just update the PRL and such?

Last time I had KNOX, I flashed a new recovery ZIP and bricked the phone. I don't want to tip-toe around KNOX if its there, I dont want to have to worry about it all together. :eek: If I just flash the Modem, will I get KNOX or will it just update the PRL and such?

To get 4.4.2 without bricking... You need to odin 4.4.2 stock tar and odin 4.4 2 compatible recovery afterwards. Any other way will lead to brick. I never have to worry about knox because the only tar i have is the 4.4.2. I flash whatever rom i want in recovery with no problems. Like Bilgerryan said knox really only affects you, if your trying to return your phone to samsung with knox tripped. Im loving 4.4.2 im glad i made the plunge.

@the_original_teknikl
PCB Wicked Blue Theme

@TONY6669
Mean Wicked Green Theme

@TeamBlackOut
Themed Apps

@roirraw"edor"eht
Plasma Battery Mod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nothing fancy, just the Boost/VM variant of 4.4.2 Kit Kat tar, captured from Kies.

NOTE: For those Boost/VM users who flashed the Sprint ND8 version, this WILL flash successfully over the ND8 bootloader.

- This will (should) not wipe your data.

- As with everything, you are responsible for what you do to your device.

- I have Deodexed and Odexed rooted stock zips ready to test if someone wants to give them a go. Let me know.

Download Link

Instructions:

1. Download file to your PC(somewhere you can find it!)
    2. Put your phone into Download/Odin mode
    3. Start Odin(I suggest the latest, 3.09 is out now I think, I used 3.07)
    4. Click on PDA, find tar file, click it to put it into PDA slot
    5. Click Start
    6. Takes a good 15 minutes, so sit back and chill. It will reboot on it's own, and you now have Kit Kat.

Oh, and because I know someone will ask, YES, this does have the Knox bootloader on it :)

And Knox was further incorporated into the device with 4.4 (and it will be in all Android devices to some extent with Android L). It makes a call to see if Knox is present at first boot, if it's not there it bricks the device. All the newer devices have it too. Unless you're planning on sending your phone to Samsung for a warranty claim there no reason to even think about it being there.

@bilgerryan, what's the code? TIA

##72786#

You must have done something else. Because I have never seen a recovery brick ANY PHONE.

Cant take the modem without the firmware...? Strange. I know you can't downgrade, but the last time I flashed a new philz in recovery, it did something with re-rooting the phone and it hard-bricked because of KNOX.

I use Philz religiously, its not a matter of using it or installing it, its a matter of updating it once KNOX is on.

I've updated philz at least 3 or 4 times since installing 4.4.2.