Lte fix for metropcs mega 6.3

Search This thread

josuemldnd23

Apr 22, 2011
Hello guys,
I have recently been trying different ROMs for my MetroPCS Mega and for the past couple of months I have not been able to get LTE to work.
BUT.....
I HAVE FOUND THE FIX!!

IT WAS SO SIMPLE!!

These are the APN Settings:

Name: MetroPCS

APN: fast.metropcs.com

MMSC: http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN type: default,mms,supl <------ THIS IS IMPORTANT

APN Protocol: IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Reactions: eksasol and mexigga

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
I don't understand. Is every Mega owner supposed to apply this fix? How do you do it, if so, please?

I have a Mega SGH-M819N (MetroPCS)

jizar

Jun 5, 2010
Florida

You couldn't put those settings in? Or you could, but LTE isn't coming on ever for you?

No offense my friend, but you should be more descriptive. People won't guess.

Sry for the lack of info.

i got CM11 4.4.4 Custon ROM. and GAPPS 4.4.3
It came with the AP pre installed, all i had to change was from ipv4 to ipv6, it also have TMobile APs pre-isntalled, but no matter which i choose all i get is 3G or the H+ icon on top.

I've done a fell test with Speedtest app, and the most i get is about 1.8Mb download. with a full signal bars.

Im testing a few other ROMs, and different GAPPS. because I'm also trying to get "Cast Screen" working , so far it seems that works as long I dont update GoogleServices.

Ill let you know. Thank you.

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012

It came with the AP pre installed, all i had to change was from ipv4 to ipv6, it also have TMobile APs pre-isntalled, but no matter which i choose all i get is 3G or the H+ icon on top.

I've done a fell test with Speedtest app, and the most i get is about 1.8Mb download. with a full signal bars.

Im testing a few other ROMs, and different GAPPS. because I'm also trying to get "Cast Screen" working , so far it seems that works as long I dont update GoogleServices.

Ok, yea, actually knowing which ROM you have is kinda important. <lol>

I'm on the Factory ROM and it takes the settings.

Sorry, but can't really help ya. And I haven't switched, because I don't want to lose "WiFi Calling" and stuff like that.

mexigga

May 9, 2007
Los Angeles

Few questions...

1. What does the connection show in settings. .about phone?

2. Have you tried editing build prop?

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
because I'm also trying to get "Cast Screen" working , so far it seems that works as long I dont update GoogleServices.
You can't get it until Google enable it for your phone, I don't know why they aren't, so you'll just have to use the older Google services version for now.

jizar

Jun 5, 2010
Florida
Solution

You can't get it until Google enable it for your phone, I don't know why they aren't, so you'll just have to use the older Google services version for now.

After searching alot and testing a bunch of stuff I finally found the solution.
Right now I'm using the This ROM with the provided GAPPS
Everything works fine so far.
To make the "Cast Screen" Work, just Follow this Thread.

Happy Screening!

jez5673

Feb 15, 2015
Blu studio 5.0 hd lte

STUMBLE ON THIS POST. have been trying to get on internet on phone, to no avail. Metro support was no help.

in case any gets to this post like I did. this setting worked for my Studio 5.0 HD LTE. I think the main setting thaat got it to work was setting the APN protocol to IPV6.

Thanks !!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,
    I have recently been trying different ROMs for my MetroPCS Mega and for the past couple of months I have not been able to get LTE to work.
    BUT.....
    I HAVE FOUND THE FIX!!

IT WAS SO SIMPLE!!

These are the APN Settings:

Name: MetroPCS

APN: fast.metropcs.com

MMSC: http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN type: default,mms,supl <------ THIS IS IMPORTANT

APN Protocol: IPv6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4