[APP] Raccoon v4.12 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Search This thread

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Status update (need a bit of help here): Been working on DummyDroid lately. In particular that utmost annoying problem with Google sometimes asking for a telephone number when registering a new GMAIL account. I think, I have a hack around to bypass the phone verification. Can't think of a good name for the tool, though. Any suggestions?

ChrisPersson

Jul 12, 2016
Status update (need a bit of help here): Been working on DummyDroid lately. In particular that utmost annoying problem with Google sometimes asking for a telephone number when registering a new GMAIL account. I think, I have a hack around to bypass the phone verification. Can't think of a good name for the tool, though. Any suggestions?

Great work! When do think you will have Dummydroid working again?

Niii4

Jun 14, 2016
Tried this app, doesn't work. Always getting wrong access data even though this is an old account.

Niii4

Jun 14, 2016
Not long after my try I got this message from Google,

WTF? Spyware?

Attachments

• IMG_20160719_173603.jpg
    IMG_20160719_173603.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 225

Niii4

Jun 14, 2016
Well, raccoon said the account data won't give access.. and someone tried to access long after I restored a backup of my PC. Plus I'm not even anywhere near mentioned location!!

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Well, raccoon said the account data won't give access.. and someone tried to access long after I restored a backup of my PC. Plus I'm not even anywhere near mentioned location!!

• Raccoon is NOT spyware. In fact, it's purpose is to get rid of the spyware on phone.
  • I do publish my sourcecode so everyone can audit it. I'm not particularly fond of people who point fingers, but obviously haven't checked if what they accuse me off is actually true.
  • GeoIP databases are notoriously unreliable. If I check mine on maxmind.com, for example, I find it to be 100 km off (5 times more of what they claim)
  • Try logging that account in first via the play website. There's a certain possibility that you signed it up via gmail (or youtube, or whatever) and it simply doesn't have the Play service enabled.
  • If the screenshot you posted was triggered by Raccoon, you naturally need to confirm that the access was legitimate or the account will stay locked down.
  • Google has considerate interest in you NOT using throw away accounts. They will do anything in their power to ensure that stick with an account you signed up for. This includes heuristics that try to detect breakins. If you log in through a vastly different method (and Raccoon is obviously a vastly different one) than usual, you are likely to trigger such an alarm. Am I correct in assuming that in between signing up that account and using it for Raccoon, you switched your ISP?

noiplah

Oct 12, 2010

CrunchyAccount or Whistle or something like that - your tool reminded me of the capn crunch whistle that the original phone phreakers used :)

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G

As for the icon: pretty much something that can show in the taskbar and the window title (so it must scale from 16x16 to 64x64). I don't particularly care what it is, I just want to get rid of the default Java icon. Maybe some variation of the Android Robot?

Here's a simplistic variation.
Yay GIMP. Even so, it's pretty sparse in a 16x16.
If it needs to be a single scalable icon I'll need to tweak the 64x64 further so it'll downscale cleanly.

Attachments

• WhoIsThatMaskedDroid.png
    WhoIsThatMaskedDroid.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,278
  • WhoIsThatMaskedDroid16x16.png
    WhoIsThatMaskedDroid16x16.png
    568 bytes · Views: 1,266
Last edited:

Kosh_swe

Nov 17, 2012
Sthlm
LG Optimus G
Huawei Nexus 6P
raccoon-3.7.exe used to work, but recently i get this "2java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect" ... no idea why, guessing port issue client or serverside, my, google account working as intended, i tried to use raccoon-3.7.jar instead of the exe and that one works but with some minor bugs, when u have updates and the download is completed the "update" stays at download screen, it does not disappear like it does in the exe version, so u miss click alot and get "do u want to overwrite".... Update on this? Me only? Fixable?

My Java is up to date (26-7/2016)...

Edit, i fixed it while typing this reply :) for some reason "i" blocked raccoon.exe in my NAT/FWall, no idea why or when i've done it, or if its some update pushed that changed the restrictions (i use KIS), anyhow it works fine again.

Trying to be google free as much as i can and this helps alot! Kudos for a well made program!

crullick

Aug 10, 2012
Belgrade
@onyxbits thanks for all the efforts invested in raccoon, however...

lately (2-3 weeks ago) i started experiencing a strange bug>>
not getting search pages other than the first one (when switch within the uper-right box, it says "2, 3, 4.../" but i'm getting the same results all over again)
no matter how precise my search parameters are (app name, developer, characteristic words) it stays only on first results page :crying:
IMHO it was one of the essential functions of this great app
(logging in and download work flawlessly)

windows 10
latest java
raccoon 3.7.exe

please advise!

Last edited:

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
@onyxbits thanks for all the efforts invested in raccoon, however...

lately (2-3 weeks ago) i started experiencing a strange bug>>
not getting search pages other than the first one (when switch within the uper-right box, it says "2, 3, 4.../" but i'm getting the same results all over again)
no matter how precise my search parameters are (app name, developer, characteristic words) it stays only on first results page :crying:
IMHO it was one of the essential functions of this great app
(logging in and download work flawlessly)

windows 10
latest java
raccoon 3.7.exe

please advise!

After a quick glance, it looks like a server side problem where Google simply ignores the offset parameter. Too tired to dig deeper into this right now. The only workaround that comes to mind is simply increasing the number of results per page, but thats a horrible solution.

Reactions: crullick

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
Corrupted Archive.
Created new archive and everything works as before.

Last edited:

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
If and when you eventually have time to work on application:

• Is it possible to save filename with version number instead of versionCode? (or having version number before the version code if code is needed to check for latest version, i.e. xxx_1.2.9_300.apk)
  • Also having the option to have all apks in the same folder would be great.
  • And, limiting number of archived apks (i.e. only have latest apk and the previous 2 apks of an app, currently apks are accumalated until manual deletion)

Thank you for the great app,
I have tried other solutions, (ruby and python versions), but your app works the best.
All other apps had trouble downloading certain apps, (I believe they had optional in-app purchases, which caused issues - 403 purchase).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Raccoon v4.13 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Ever ran into one of these problems?
    • You want to check out an app, but your device is not officially supported.
    • After flashing a custom ROM, you no longer have Google Play available on your phone.
    • You updated an app, but the new version causes nothing but trouble and you want to go back to the previous version.
    • You are not satisfied with Google's privacy policy and would rather download apps without hooking your phone up to Google.
    • You want to check out apps without them cluttering up your "My Apps" list and potentially influencing app suggestions.
    • You don't have unlimited bandwidth at your disposal but want to install an app on multiple devices in your household.

Raccoon is a Google Play desktop client that will enable you to download APK files from Google Play and cache them locally on your desktop computer. You can maintain as many caches as you like (e.g. one per Google Account or one per device you own). Each cache is able to hold apps in multiple versions.

1MBGPHJ.png

Click here to download

Usage instructions:

1. Install Java (java.com)
    2. racoon.jar should now be executeable, start it like any other program
    3. Enter your loginname and password (prefererably from a throw away account).
    4. type "Onyxbits" into the textfield.
    5. You should now see a list of all my apps (yes, shameless plug, I know).
    6. Maybe download "List My Apps"
    7. you will get an APK file, transfer that to your phone by whatever means suit you (e.g. copy via USB cable).
    8. Enable "Unknown Sources" on your device to install the APK
    Teaser of the GUI for the upcoming v2.0 version. Thumbs up, thumbs down?

oxhnTC6.png
    Just calling in to announce, that Raccoon v4.0.1 is available now. It is a complete rewrite of the old application, adding many new features. Let me know how it handles!

Download url: http://raccoon.onyxbits.de
    K guys, new release. Changelog here. This is really all I can do for the moment. May it hold for now.