[FROYO][LEAK] DL30 Leak

Search This thread

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
i would just use EB01 Stock or Deodexed if you want a "stock" rom, instead of DL30...there's really no point in using DL30 anymore.

And you can find the EB01 voodoo kernel here on XDA or on IRC.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I traded my droid 2 for a fascinate last night. It was rooted and running this rom. I have no sms or mms. Is it a known issue or should I flash fresh?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
I traded my droid 2 for a fascinate last night. It was rooted and running this rom. I have no sms or mms. Is it a known issue or should I flash fresh?

Again, this rom is old....idk why people are still using it! The new rom's are EB01 based, and if you use EB01 SuperClean v2.4 everything works.

AGAIN this ROM is OLD...nobody should be on it

EB01 SC 2.4...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10552432&postcount=1

EB01 Modem, Etc...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11254740&postcount=1

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Ok, thanks for the links. Just to be clear lol, I didn't put this on the phone, it was on there.
Again, this rom is old....idk why people are still using it! The new rom's are EB01 based, and if you use EB01 SuperClean v2.4 everything works.

AGAIN this ROM is OLD...nobody should be on it

EB01 SC 2.4...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10552432&postcount=1

EB01 Modem, Etc...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11254740&postcount=1

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
That's weird, DL30 was a leak not an official vzw rom...DL09 was though.

All good i'm not trying to be a **** or anything, just trying to direct people to the newer version of Froyo that most dev's are working on stuff for. :cool:

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I got it from a guy on craigslist :/ one more thing, can you link to how to get into cw recovery? I tried and cant figure it out, and I'm on my way home so I can't really type/drive/google at the same time :p
That's weird, DL30 was a leak not an official vzw rom...DL09 was though.

All good i'm not trying to be a **** or anything, just trying to direct people to the newer version of Froyo that most dev's are working on stuff for. :cool:

splxtrem

Dec 4, 2007
Hey guys. I'm new to this whole Droid thing, so please bare with my ignorance lol. I am coming from a Windows mobile 5.0 device. Yes I know, I was in the stone age lol. I just purchased a new Fascinate from Best Buy a couple of days ago. I know that the Froyo update is better than the stock version. A couple things I am wondering. 1) If I do this flash will it void my warranty? 2) Would there be anyone who could be so kind as to give me a step by step on how to do this to a phone that is basically new right out of the box. Please remember that I am a complete idiot when it comes to Droid os. I mean, I know the basics, but am by no means an expert.

Thanks for your help guys. I truly appreciate it.

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
Hey guys. I'm new to this whole Droid thing, so please bare with my ignorance lol. I am coming from a Windows mobile 5.0 device. Yes I know, I was in the stone age lol. I just purchased a new Fascinate from Best Buy a couple of days ago. I know that the Froyo update is better than the stock version. A couple things I am wondering. 1) If I do this flash will it void my warranty? 2) Would there be anyone who could be so kind as to give me a step by step on how to do this to a phone that is basically new right out of the box. Please remember that I am a complete idiot when it comes to Droid os. I mean, I know the basics, but am by no means an expert.

Welcome to android, first and foremost. To answer question 1., yes you will void your warranty by rooting your phone. But it's worth it imo, or you could wait a few days/week or so and i'm sure Verizon will release the froyo OTA. Because most of the other SGS phones have stock OTA froyo now. So it's really up to you. And this rom here is actually old now, so if you were gonna flash anything i would flash EB01 or wait and see if anything else comes out. ;)

Reactions: splxtrem

splxtrem

Dec 4, 2007
Welcome to android, first and foremost. To answer question 1., yes you will void your warranty by rooting your phone. But it's worth it imo, or you could wait a few days/week or so and i'm sure Verizon will release the froyo OTA. Because most of the other SGS phones have stock OTA froyo now. So it's really up to you. And this rom here is actually old now, so if you were gonna flash anything i would flash EB01 or wait and see if anything else comes out. ;)

Cool, I appreciate that. Beings that I'm new to Droid os and it is 1000 times better than the WM5.0 I'm used to, I'm sure I won't be missing much if I wait for the Verizon Froyo launch for the Fascinate. I've already done the Google search bar and search soft button work around without having to root. That should get me by til Verizon decides to release the update. I was told when I bought this phone that they didn't think there would ever be an update, that's why I was inquiring about forcing the update.
Thanks again.

hijackerjack

Jan 8, 2010
Cool, I appreciate that. Beings that I'm new to Droid os and it is 1000 times better than the WM5.0 I'm used to, I'm sure I won't be missing much if I wait for the Verizon Froyo launch for the Fascinate. I've already done the Google search bar and search soft button work around without having to root. That should get me by til Verizon decides to release the update. I was told when I bought this phone that they didn't think there would ever be an update, that's why I was inquiring about forcing the update.
Thanks again.

Just my OCD kicking in... but it's Android OS not Droid OS lol. Not bashing or anything haha.

hillstrubl

Feb 7, 2007
ea28 vs. dl09 radios

Hello all, I went through over 40 pages of this thread. I think I'm good on what needs to be done, however I'm starting with an EA28 radio. (I had been pushed the update the other day). For all intensive purposes, should I just treat it as if my baseband ends in DL09? I know that the EA28 is just a bug fix for emergency services, just not sure if anything extra needs to be taken in account for it.

Coming from a droid pro (briefly) that had froyo... I'd really like this thing to be able to run flash (in addition to my corporate mail client, enhanced email, which needs 2.2)

Thanks again for all your work on this.

boostedjti

Dec 26, 2010
Hello all, I went through over 40 pages of this thread. I think I'm good on what needs to be done, however I'm starting with an EA28 radio. (I had been pushed the update the other day). For all intensive purposes, should I just treat it as if my baseband ends in DL09? I know that the EA28 is just a bug fix for emergency services, just not sure if anything extra needs to be taken in account for it.

Coming from a droid pro (briefly) that had froyo... I'd really like this thing to be able to run flash (in addition to my corporate mail client, enhanced email, which needs 2.2)

Thanks again for all your work on this.

Jump over to the EB01 update, newer version of froyo

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

soba49

Nov 6, 2010
boston, ma
Yes you would want super clean or blackhole or dark revenge, etc. There are also source built options like cm7 and vanilla. The custom roms clean up a lot of the issues that even stock eb01 had.

I would also recommend getting any of the available all-in-one odins first, in case you nuke your recovery like I did.

Last edited:

hillstrubl

Feb 7, 2007
Ok now I'm more confused, haha.

I liked the idea with the semi-official version of Froyo. Currently I'm running a rooted 2.1 EA28. Maybe I'll wait for something pushed from Verizon?

funny thing, verizon keeps blaming samsung for the delay...

GizmoDroid

May 14, 2010
Ok now I'm more confused, haha.

I liked the idea with the semi-official version of Froyo. Currently I'm running a rooted 2.1 EA28. Maybe I'll wait for something pushed from Verizon?
I think the confusion might have sprung from you somehow landing in the DL30 thread instead of the EB01 thread. DL30 was an older 2.2.1 leak, while the majority agrees that EB01 is a bit less buggy. There's not a whole lot of difference between the two besides bug fixes, so you reading 40 pages of this thread isn't too much of a waste. You probably did learn a lot, but you might have also waded through a lot of unnecessary bug reports that are no longer valid on EB01.

Also, nearly all current ROM's and themes are made for EB01, so it really is the way to go right now.

Here is the sum total of the ROM's I have ran lately, along with my observations of them. Nearly everyone has different preferences and experiences, so I don't expect everyone to agree with every observation (or with my grammar :p).

Semi-official custom ROM's (using mostly stock files from EB01, some modded; some from other ROMs):
  • Slightly lighter-weight than stock -> EB01 Debloated/Deodexed
  • Much lighter-weight, better running -> SuperClean v2.9.2 (coming soon, v2.9.1 currently available)
  • Much lighter-weight, better running, and prettier looking -> DarkRevenge v4.0 (coming soon, v3.0 currently available)
  • Much-Much lighter-weight (and missing a few things you'll probably want to add back in) -> Blackhole v4.3 SA

So far away from official that it will get you drunk and steal your money (virtually no stock files; compiled from source):
  • Somewhat Bulkier, reallllly pretty, with awesome amounts of customizeability, but with a couple things still broken -> MIUI v5
  • Crazy lightweight and smoother running, but some stuff broken -> Vanilla FroYo AOSP v0.9.3
  • Bleeding Edge, super awesome, but stuff broken -> Kaoscinate V5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the rom you all said didn't exist. That Samsung would never finish.
    Here it is, the official Samsung Verizon Fascinate DL30 Froyo rom!

This rom has ALL the VZW/Sammy bloatware included, unedited, and unchanged.

The only addition is that this rom is pre-rooted.

All bugs in this rom are courtesy Samsung, not myself and as such I will be providing NO support on this rom whatsoever. I'm not going to fix anything thats broken, and I will not make it better. If you want that, go look at JT1134 or myself's Froyo AOSP/CM6 roms.

Thanks to Adrynalyne for packaging this up in a OTA zip so I didn't have to ;)

Flash with CWM, both the DJ05 and DL09 radios work.

http://rom.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    http://rom2.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    http://rom3.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    MIRROR:
    http://www.multiupload.com/LES2LLVUIC

If you like my rom, think about donating to my coffee fund. :)

Thanks to CaptainKrtek for hosting this. If his bandwidth is valuable to you, you can donate to him as well.

Captainkrtek Edit:
    My Server with you guys downloading hehe
    qsvQq.png
    For anyone flashing this rom, do not use wifi tether unless you are paying for it. There is apparently a new snooping mechanism built in along with the kernel. I would recommend to either sign up for service, or wait for someone to publish a workaround.

THANKS!!!!!!!!
    I don't think this is the same as the IRC leak, as that had a bunch of stuff not working. This looks like it's the real deal.

This is *NOT* the Froyo rom that was leaked on IRC earlier this week. That was a build for a different phone. This is the VZW DL30 release.