New droid maxx colors

Search This thread

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa

doogald

May 27, 2010
Well, I already posted about this in another thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51994561

But I think that Verizon isn't dumb. They know how many of the devices that they sell. They know that newer devices from HTC, Samsung and LG are probably selling well at the same relative price, so they can sell more Maxxes to people who might be more price-sensitive than looking for the latest and greatest devices, so they'll sell them at a lower price for the same great battery life with less storage. And, as I said in the other thread, at this point I'm only using 8 GB of storage anyway, so I could just barely scrape by with a 16 GB unit if that was the only choice that I had.

I do hope that they keep selling the current "black" 32 GB model, but I haven't been able to tell if this model was delisted or is just a third SKU with more storage and $100 higher price ($50 on contract.)

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I was excited at first. Then discovered they cut the memory in half. And the red is glossy, no thanks.

Now if the unlock bootloader was available we may have upgraded another line to one of these. With a trade up ($100 vzw credit) and comcast promo ($150 visa, ends 4/31)of course.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I was excited at first. Then discovered they cut the memory in half. And the red is glossy, no thanks.

Now if the unlock bootloader was available we may have upgraded another line to one of these. With a trade up ($100 vzw credit) and comcast promo ($150 visa, ends 4/31)of course.

Until 6/30 you can do mototradeup
Droid maxx correctly free through comcast with a $200 visa in 6-8 weeks

That's $270-$300 in free money

Not even including the $50 for isis, or the $50 a month you get back, or any of the other deals. I've gotten hundreds of dollars back quite easily.

Even have a $15 off $25 that can be redeemed anywhere you use your Amex or serve card!

ratman6161

Aug 30, 2010
Minnesota

Actually cut the storage in half from 32 GB to 16 GB. The memory is the same as it's always been :angel:

That said my 32 GB of storage is a hair short of half full which means if I had a 16 GB version, given the lack of a micro sd card slot, my storage would now be essentially full. So a 16 GB phone would not work for me. Its one of the reasons I went with the Maxx over the ultra to begin with.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Actually cut the storage in half from 32 GB to 16 GB. The memory is the same as it's always been :angel:

That said my 32 GB of storage is a hair short of half full which means if I had a 16 GB version, given the lack of a micro sd card slot, my storage would now be essentially full. So a 16 GB phone would not work for me. Its one of the reasons I went with the Maxx over the ultra to begin with.
That's what I meant.

And actually the droid ultra was remarked as using less storage since it only had 16 to begin with.

They do make micro usb flash drives at least.

Maybe some people could chime in with their actual available space?

Caseyk621

Mar 20, 2011
Rochester, NY
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's what I meant.

And actually the droid ultra was remarked as using less storage since it only had 16 to begin with.

They do make micro usb flash drives at least.

Maybe some people could chime in with their actual available space?

I have an Ultra. 7.35GB free. Google drive offers all the storage I need!

Sent From My Droid Ultra

doogald

May 27, 2010

It'd be over full, actually. Remember that the installed os takes up about the same 6.5 GB, so you'd be starting with about 9.5 GB free rather than 25.5. I'm using about 7.5 GB myself, but that's mostly because I'm testing two podcast apps and will eventually keep only one.

Top Liked Posts