Is there still interest in a Free Tilt2/Touch pro 2 HardSPL/ unlocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ccengineer

Aug 17, 2011
Since this is an older phone I'm thinking of trying to come up with a free Hard SPL and an unlocker for this phone. I know there is a HardSPL made by olinex group, but it only allows one free hardspl (I have 5 lines on my plan and thinking of getting TP2s for all of them) and theya re charging for the unlocking. I would like to check if there is still an interest in such a free tool. I don't want to spend a lot of time on something that I would only benefit from very few times and no one else would be interested in using.

Last edited:
Reactions: RORYtheALLSTAR

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Perhaps bug Olipro, see if he'd be willing to do that...? I can't imagine they're making too much money off the project anymore...

Reactions: RORYtheALLSTAR

mr.horndoctor

Feb 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO.
Since this is an older phone I'm thinking of trying to come up with a free Hard SPL and an unlocker for this phone. I know there is a HardSPL made by olinex group, but it only allows one free hardspl (I have 5 lines on my plan and thinking of getting TP2s for all of them) and theya re charging for the unlocking. I would like to check if there is still an interest in such a free tool. I don't want to spend a lot of time on something that I would only benefit from very few times and no one else would be interested in using.

Yes, definitely. :)

ccengineer

Aug 17, 2011
It doesn't look like this phone is as popular any more. Only two people interested in this. So I'm definitely not going to dedicate a lot of time to this. So I might work on it when I have time to kill but will not give it high priority. I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if this changes.

mr.horndoctor

Feb 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO.
It doesn't look like this phone is as popular any more. Only two people interested in this. So I'm definitely not going to dedicate a lot of time to this. So I might work on it when I have time to kill but will not give it high priority. I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if this changes.

If you go over to ppcgeeks.com I think you'll find it's still very popular.

It would be nice, i have just setup 10 devices without HSPL using stock Roms, but i would love to be able to freely HSPL phones we are looking at setting up about another 15 at this stage, we can get a lot of these phones for $190NZ.

If i was able to HSPL them we might get another 50+

It is true that these phones are getting older now, but in saying that they are a good quality phone that preforms as expected no matter what i throw at it.

ImTuxy

Apr 14, 2011
Well, count me as third one :) And nand is coming for the tp2, so interest will grow.

ImTuxy

Apr 14, 2011
Yes, but that thread says [testing]. Thats ok, because for me [stable] is less interesting. But my wife definitely wants [stable] and doesn't want to make an exception to that general rule when it comes to her phone :)

cheftimothy

Aug 25, 2007
Atlanta, GA
One more person wants it!

After unlocking my first one, I really wanted to use it on the second one I found at a great price.

I have a great deal of respect for the folks (guy/gal) that originally cracked the boot loader, but it has been over a month since I requested to use it on a second device, and despite polite correspondence, my "ticket" is still "open".

I can understand them being busy with newer devices, but I think it is kind of sad that they have the code, and will not even respond to requests for it.

A simple "we no longer support this device" would have been appreciated, as apposed to leaving people hanging for a ticket that will never be addressed.

Even kinder, if they are not gaining revenue from it, maybe set it free!

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
After unlocking my first one, I really wanted to use it on the second one I found at a great price.

I have a great deal of respect for the folks (guy/gal) that originally cracked the boot loader, but it has been over a month since I requested to use it on a second device, and despite polite correspondence, my "ticket" is still "open".

I can understand them being busy with newer devices, but I think it is kind of sad that they have the code, and will not even respond to requests for it.

A simple "we no longer support this device" would have been appreciated, as apposed to leaving people hanging for a ticket that will never be addressed.

blah

Last edited:
Reactions: cnmarchant

cnmarchant

Feb 26, 2012
thanks

cajun

I've just used your keyboard fix after installing kwbr's Tilt 2 rom. Thank you very much, worked beautifully. I'd thank everyone on that thread except I'm not allowed.

Took me ages to get ActiveSync to work in XP, had to install a CAB supplied on the hard spl thread to get it to work. Thanks for your efforts.

eyeb

Mar 6, 2011
I'd like to unlock mine just for the sake of it, plan on keeping it with sprint but who knows in future? which is why I'd unlock mine lol, but since I have no real need presently I'm not tempted enough to pay for it, since the cost of the unlock is more than what phone is now worth :S

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
Got an ebay replacement for my TP2 and got the "commercial" error message from the Rhodium HardSPL file. Not looking to jip anyone, just want to get my replacement back to the way my old phone was. PM'd Olipro, but I know they are busy (no response yet to ticket).
So if this thread leads to another way to HSPL these things then that would make my phone very happy.
Cajunflavoredbob, could you PM me too?
Thanks.

visegrip72

Apr 13, 2009
Count me in. I still use mine as primary phone, but will upgrade soon and nice to have unlocked. Also interested on the behind the scenes as to how it all worked, read the other thread in ppc a few minutes ago and wondered if there were any interest in this. Also wonder if anyone has the stuff from the other groups I could look at, even if it would not work for me.

Spado

May 20, 2008
Urbino
Yeah I bought off eBay a bad ESN Verizon one for 40$ thinking it would have worked perfectly with GSM networks here in Italy to then find out that I would have had to pay another 20$ to Olinex just to unlock it. I owned one and paid that fee in 2009 (and that's why I bought one again... I loved it so much...) and he didn't ever answer my ticket where I was asking for this favor seeing I already donated and it would be dumb anyway to pay 20$ to unlock a 40$ worth phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perhaps bug Olipro, see if he'd be willing to do that...? I can't imagine they're making too much money off the project anymore...

blah