Translucent status and nav bar - how to do

Search This thread

pep0te

Nov 4, 2008
Hi people. I've seen in the WhatsApp+ themes thread an interesting theme:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51930515&postcount=1281

As you can see, it has both translucent nav and status bar. I know Xposed Framework has a plugin with this function but it does not work properly with WhatsApp, for example. My question is: How can I get this effect properly?

Thanks.

Last edited:

pep0te

Nov 4, 2008
That's how stock KitKat works. What phone / android version do you have?

I have Nexus 5 so I am using 4.4 since its release. The translucent effect must be applied by the developer (e.g.: Pushbullet), is not by default in all apps. I know "Force Translucent KitKat" Xposed module does this, but it does not work properly with apps like WhatsApp. That's the reason I am looking for something to get the same effect of the screenshot you can see in the thread linked above.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Ah ok. I've never used Whatsapp, so didn't know they haven't updated their app to support KK. But looks like you need the actual Whatsapp+ app installed to be able to theme the stuff you are looking for. It doesn't appear to be in the Play Store, and I am not totally sure of the origins, so am hesitant to post the link here to it where I found it. If you need more info, just PM me.

pep0te

Nov 4, 2008
Ah ok. I've never used Whatsapp, so didn't know they haven't updated their app to support KK. But looks like you need the actual Whatsapp+ app installed to be able to theme the stuff you are looking for. It doesn't appear to be in the Play Store, and I am not totally sure of the origins, so am hesitant to post the link here to it where I found it. If you need more info, just PM me.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I am using WhatsApp+ already (legal Spanish development :)). The UI is same as official WhatsApp but you can apply themes published by the community. It changes almost all the UI but not the header (not at all at least). It's strange, and the member who posted it does not answer PMs :crying: