[MOD] [MAGISK] [10.01.2020] Dual Speaker Mod for OnePlus 3/3T (OOS, Pie and 10)

Search This thread

-CRO-Maher

May 26, 2015
Zagreb
Just tried it on RR pie and it works like a charm!
Thank you for keeping this mod alive for new android versions! :D

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 6a
good morning.

there is a way to increase the volumen of the earpeace?

Most likely no, since the device, thus the earpiece module wasn't developed with it being used as an audio playback device in mind.
Sure, you could 'overdrive' it, but then it'd just distort the hell out of the sound, making it basically unusable.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

The earpiece is working the same as the speaker with both having a stereo sound when playing sounds.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Does it actually play back stereo sound, or does it just mirror the stereo-to-mono mixdown of the audio that the bottom speaker would emit on its own?

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 6a
It mirror's the sound. At least is what it sounds like. If you get your ear next to the ear piece you ear exactly the same as the bottom firing one.

Hmm, I see. Guess I could always just test it myself, haven't had the time yet to change out the files :D

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Works on RR 7.0.2 (20190915 build), but it's so quiet, I have to get my ears pretty close to the earpiece to actually hear anything :D
I suppose that's where the hardware limitation comes in, appreciate the mod tho!

Reactions: jakito

IonutGherman

Dec 16, 2014
Bucharest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hmm, I see. Guess I could always just test it myself, haven't had the time yet to change out the files :D

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Works on RR 7.0.2 (20190915 build), but it's so quiet, I have to get my ears pretty close to the earpiece to actually hear anything :D
I suppose that's where the hardware limitation comes in, appreciate the mod tho!
And because you have dust blocked on your earpiece. I had that myself and now I can hear with it pretty fine. Try to clean from the inside. But you need to split the display from the case. I needed to revert the volume back to 84, the script that I modified the volume is set to 94 and can hurt the earpiece. I will update the value when I will make Magisk module.

IonutGherman

Dec 16, 2014
Bucharest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 2 XL
It mirror's the sound. At least is what it sounds like. If you get your ear next to the ear piece you ear exactly the same as the bottom firing one.
Yeah, it's mirroring the sound. Both are playing the middle, to say that. I will try to make the earpiece to play left and the speaker to play right.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 6a
And because you have dust blocked on your earpiece. I had that myself and now I can hear with it pretty fine. Try to clean from the inside. But you need to split the display from the case. I needed to revert the volume back to 84, the script that I modified the volume is set to 94 and can hurt the earpiece. I will update the value when I will make Magisk module.

Cheers!
I don't see myself going that far tho, but it is very likely, I've had this phone for over two and a half years now, there's probably a lot of buildup in there :x

jalz-pr

Oct 8, 2019
Working mixer_paths_tasha.xml for Oneplus 3

First of all, This is not my work. The file is provided by @theduke7. Original post https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/oneplus-3--3t-cross-device-themes-apps--mods/mod-dual-speaker-soundmod-root-oreo-19-t3766201
I just modified it slightly to adjust the speaker gain and achieve the best optimum sound possible. The mod works perfectly and is worth installing, it does gives a really good surround sound effects. I am giving the link to file, please follow the installing instruction properly otherwise the phone will fail to load any media https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-UaOg_6M_iNgkyHHcJqvG5tz3E9SWwNQ/view?usp=sharing.
1.)Copy the downloaded file on your phone's internal storage.
2.)Open /system/vendor/etc, Delete the original mixer_paths_tasha.xml(Or just move the file somewhere else) using any root explorer.
3.) Boot into TWRP recovery,go to mount and check "System".
4.)After this, go to "advanced" option in the main menu and tap "File manager".
5.) Now move the downloaded file to /system/vendor/etc.(Note:- i tried many file explorer to do this but none of them worked, if you try to move the modded file to the path using any root explorer and hit reboot, the mod will not work. i guess that has something to do with read/write permissions).
6.)Now just reboot System and Enjoy..:).

Note:- I tested this on OnePlus 3 running SkyDragon OS and Havoc OS(latest versions), the mod is working flawlessly, It should work on other custom OS as well.
Please test and report

Reactions: theduke7

Top Liked Posts