[ROM] OmegaEVO v1.1 [[NEW 3.30.651.3 OTA]] [[Froyo 2.2]] Updated 11/15/2010

Should I update Azrael right away to the newest 3.30 OTA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

DaddieDiesel

Mar 30, 2009
Barcelona,Spain. Chicago,Il
Try going back to a previous build on the wimax. Then update your prl. Or do the combo pack zip. It takes some trial and error but im sure it will work. I used combo pack. Let me know.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

epmacman

Jun 18, 2010
any tips for wireless tether?

I removed all previous versions and installed the one in Azrael_Apps
but all I get is a self-assigned ip address when connecting to my mac,

update: it appears to be connecting to a windows vista machine fine, but it does not load web pages, wireless tether says it only download .4kb's when connected to the vista machine.

Last edited:

mshnayde

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,
So any consensus on the kernel for this ROM. I ran it with stock and found it to drain the battery too much. I am not sure why.
Want to try Ziggy's new one or the old Baked Snack #6 for the battery but can't find it anywhere.
Thanks.

Tokaichi

Apr 22, 2010
Just started running this rom like a week ago and loving it...running it with Kings Kernel #11...Will continue to watch ;3

I did have a lil issue with the gmail force closing...
Anyone have any trouble using setcpu with this rom?
Thanks.

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
Just started running this rom like a week ago and loving it...running it with Kings Kernel #11...Will continue to watch ;3

I did have a lil issue with the gmail force closing...
Anyone have any trouble using setcpu with this rom?
Thanks.

Glad it is working out for you, but let me clarify some things.

SETCPU: I have had no problems at all running SetCPU with either King's #11 CFS, King's new #11 BFS, or Netarchy Universal 4.19. As long as you are using an overclocking kernel, SetCPU works perfectly unless you have leftover stuff from your last ROM.

In fact, I have not had a single problem with my ROM except for problems caused by other stuff.

GMail: My ROM has no problems with Gmail; it is actually the themes causing the Gmail problems.

If you used the LowRider theme, LowRider found a problem with Gmail and issued a quick fix. I have the GMail fix for his theme and the fixed version on my first post here.

All you have to do is flash the fix, flash the new version of the theme, or take Gmail out with Titanium Backup and reinstall from the market.

Hope this helps clear some misconceptions.

If I felt my ROM needed fixing, I would certainly re-cook it and fix it. I will update it of course, but until I need to it is working well for me and for like 9 out of 10 people. Most problems are caused from themes, dirty phone memory, or SD cards that are due for a backup/wipe/restore.

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
A question for the OP: You mentioned how fast your phone's running on King's #11 CFS kernel. I was wondering what your Quadrant score was. Just curious.

I'm using your other suggested kernel, Netarchy 4.19 Universal w/ HAVS, aggressive undervolting and I get in the 1300s all the time and 1400s on a good day. I'm not complaining because my phone's still fast and those are good numbers but those scores are nothing like the other scores I'm seeing out there with various other kernels.

While I'm not really new to rooting, I am new to putting in different kernels so I tend to read the boards to see what's out there. I do like Netarchy 4.19 though. It seems quite stable. I'm in the minority when it comes to Kings's #11 though because I didn't like it too much. It didn't play nicely with my phone so I switched back to Netarchy.

Novarider

Jul 20, 2010
What quadrant scores atte you seeing with this rom that are so high? Other roms can get really high but i haven't seen it with this rom

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
A question for the OP: You mentioned how fast your phone's running on King's #11 CFS kernel. I was wondering what your Quadrant score was. Just curious.

I'm using your other suggested kernel, Netarchy 4.19 Universal w/ HAVS, aggressive undervolting and I get in the 1300s all the time and 1400s on a good day. I'm not complaining because my phone's still fast and those are good numbers but those scores are nothing like the other scores I'm seeing out there with various other kernels.

While I'm not really new to rooting, I am new to putting in different kernels so I tend to read the boards to see what's out there. I do like Netarchy 4.19 though. It seems quite stable. I'm in the minority when it comes to Kings's #11 though because I didn't like it too much. It didn't play nicely with my phone so I switched back to Netarchy.
at 1250 Mhz with King's #11 CFS, I am breaking 1500's.

At my usual, I am in the mid 1400's, which is 1152 MHz. As far as quadrant, this ROM is testing for me is as fast as some of the reputedly faster ROMS (Fresh, Evio, etc.). But as far as overall responsiveness on a user level, I think my ROM is up there around the top. Considering this ROM is a good 30-40 MB larger than some of the other ROMS, this ROM is much faster than I anticipated when I started making it.

Sounds to me like your phone may be a more picky Evo. Mine can basically run any kernel (with varying degrees of success.)

This ROM is very fast, I am not the ones making the claim (actually if you look at the tags, users put those there) but I am sure this ROM will hang in there with the best as far as speed.

You also have to take into account that I have only been building ROMS for not even 2 months yet now and before this, I never had a WinMO/iPhone/etc. so I am new to the scene pretty much. With that factor alone I am very happy with how well this has turned out. Most people, like Calkulin and Fresh, already had previous experience. No doubt they know more (considering I am using a lot of Calkulin's tweaks), but I do not feel I made an "inferior" ROM.

Last edited:

vanessaem

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Themer
Jun 7, 2010
Missouri City
at 1250 Mhz with King's #11 CFS, I am breaking 1500's.

At my usual, I am in the mid 1400's, which is 1152 MHz.

Sounds to me like your phone may be a more picky Evo. Mine can basically run any kernel (with varying degrees of success.)

This ROM is very fast, I am not the ones making the claim (actually if you look at the tags, users put those there) but I am sure this ROM will hang in there with the best.

No complaints about your ROM. I like it lots. I was just curious about what Quadrant numbers you were getting with your King's kernel as opposed to my Netarchy kernel. Basically I'm kernel shopping...lol.

ricsim78

Sep 7, 2010
Chicago Heights, IL
Ricsim, I thought you were running kings bfs#11 did you switch back to cfs?

I am running BFS, I was speaking of before I switched.

BFS is very fast but I am having some oddities happening while using it (for example, when I play some games, my screen lock will come on).

My phone has never seemed to like BFS kernels much. While King's #11 BFS is super fast on a user level, my quadrant is about the same as CFS and CFS seemed to work better for my phone. I thought BFS would be an exception, but these problems did not crop up until I switched to BFS.

Top Liked Posts