[GUIDE] How to upgrade/downgrade baseband for noobs

Search This thread

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Welcome to my thread, i believe dr.notor has also create a thread about this... But this one is based on picture guide...

So let's get started!!!

Credits to:
-dr.notor (For the links and some pictures)

Requirements:
-Windows
-LG Drivers
-ADB ( Don't know need this, but just incase )
-Baseband files
Baseband files are included here by dr.notor
For Official LG Gingerbread 2.3.3, Custom ROMS (like, openOptimus v2.202.1, AGA-ROM, GingerLOL) Download P500-v20G-baseband.7z

For Non-Ginger ROMS (CyanogenMod 7.1, Andy572's ROM) or Froyo... Download P500-v10E-baseband.7z

Download here!

If u wanna follow his thread, go there... ;)But still you want my guide, stay here and download the .7z files... :rolleyes::D

Now here we go!!!

First Step
1. Extract the files and you must have this stuffs...

attachment.php

2. Extract into a folder.
3. Connect your phone to PC.
(REMINDER) Do disable temporary of the LG USB Modem in device manager...
4. Open LGMDPv1.5.exe
5. Select Port

attachment.php

6. Select your phone and connect...

attachment.php

7. Browse the folder you created... Select the folder... And open...

attachment.php

8. Once done, the application will prompt some ****ty errors, ignore it and press OK.
9. Once done, close the selection, don't touch anything else...

attachment.php

10. Press Download.

attachment.php

ATTENTION!!!
Once you press 'Download' button, please remember, DO NOT INTERRUPT OR DISCONNECT/UNPLUG YOUR PHONE WHEN UPGRADING OF THE BASEBAND! It will only done when it shows 'Download Complete'. The application will first backup your NV2 ( IMEI, Serial n such), then it will prompt like this:

fastboot6.png

Do not touch your phone or pc and get a stable USB cable, don't use broken USB cables (not like disconnects by itself...). It will automatically connects....

fastboot5.png

After NV2 Backup it will shows the flashing of baseband (Amss, amsshd).Once done it will ask for NV2 Restore, do the same thing and wait...

fastboot7.png

fastboot10.png

Then this... Once restored, it will automatically reboots and shows 'Download Complete', that... YOU ARE DONE!!! AND IS A SUCCESS

-Pictures are by dr.notor

Congrats! You have finally got the baseband you want...
Any question, comment below... If this thread helped, press the thanks button! ;) And also should thanks dr.notor for the files... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Oic1.JPG
    Oic1.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 8,574
  • Oic2.JPG
    Oic2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 11,131
  • Oic3.JPG
    Oic3.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 10,779
  • Oic4.JPG
    Oic4.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 8,895
  • Oic5.JPG
    Oic5.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 10,927
  • Oic6.JPG
    Oic6.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 8,610
Last edited:

IamIrene

Mar 15, 2011
Finally your thread were done
how to downgrade o_O ??
although your thread saying upgrade / downgrade using same method ><

dr.notor

Jul 25, 2011

Turn the phone upside down before following the guide!!!

Or follow my alternative guide, 110% fool-proof!!!

0a: Upgrade baseband: Go to LG service center. Tell them that your current firmware sucks and ask them to flash official GB.
0b. Downgrade baseband: Go to LG service center. Tell them that your current firmware sucks and ask them to flash official Froyo.

Important note: In case you ask them to flash a ROM that you already have, you will look like an idiot. But your phone will not be bricked anyway.

Last edited:

IamIrene

Mar 15, 2011

Of follow my alternative guide, 110% fool-proof!!!

0a. Upgrade baseband: Go to LG service center. Tell them that your current firmware sucks and ask them to flash official GB.
0b. Downgrade baseband: Go to LG service center. Tell them that your current firmware sucks and ask them to flash official Froyo.

Important note: In case you ask them to flash a ROM that you already have, you will look like an idiot. But your phone will not be bricked anyway.

at 1st, my country don't have GB
2nd, i know how to flash froyo, then y i need waste my time and send to SC =_=

Berseker86

Oct 30, 2010
Near Lecco
I do not have windows on my systems, How can I upgrade the baseband in my case since I can't use the utility mentioned in the howto?

Berseker86

Oct 30, 2010
Near Lecco
a normal notebook (acer 5920g) at now, but I quit with windows some years ago..
I'll see what I can do, I have around a spare hard disk maybe I'll install a quick copy of windows vista olny for doing this switch

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
a normal notebook (acer 5920g) at now, but I quit with windows some years ago..
I'll see what I can do, I have around a spare hard disk maybe I'll install a quick copy of windows vista olny for doing this switch

Using mac os on acer notebook right? Or ubuntu? Vista will do...

Sent using LGE Xda Secret phone

Constadine

Aug 16, 2011
Athens
I hope I do not spam,but can I ask a question?

Does baseband affects call quality and signal strength??
I am not very satisfied by stock GB, and I am thinking of going back to a custom froyo ROM,but the only good thing in 2.3.3 is that calla quality and signal strength has drastically improved.
Before the update I was always in 2G and now I'm most of times in 3G...

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
I hope I do not spam,but can I ask a question?

Does baseband affects call quality and signal strength??
I am not very satisfied by stock GB, and I am thinking of going back to a custom froyo ROM,but the only good thing in 2.3.3 is that calla quality and signal strength has drastically improved.
Before the update I was always in 2G and now I'm most of times in 3G...

It never affects, quite the same though... :p

Reactions: Constadine

Constadine

Aug 16, 2011
Athens
It never affects, quite the same though... :p

Though I am a noob, I believe there is!
I tried both basebands.In my device there is a major difference in signal strength and quality of calls.New baseband is better.
Though the difference was only with the one of the two carriers I am subscribed!
The second had no difference.
(Cosmote GR signal drastically improved with new baseband,Wind Gr there is no major difference but has better reception anyway)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to my thread, i believe dr.notor has also create a thread about this... But this one is based on picture guide...

So let's get started!!!

Credits to:
    -dr.notor (For the links and some pictures)

Requirements:
    -Windows
    -LG Drivers
    -ADB ( Don't know need this, but just incase )
    -Baseband files
    Baseband files are included here by dr.notor
    For Official LG Gingerbread 2.3.3, Custom ROMS (like, openOptimus v2.202.1, AGA-ROM, GingerLOL) Download P500-v20G-baseband.7z

For Non-Ginger ROMS (CyanogenMod 7.1, Andy572's ROM) or Froyo... Download P500-v10E-baseband.7z

Download here!

If u wanna follow his thread, go there... ;)But still you want my guide, stay here and download the .7z files... :rolleyes::D

Now here we go!!!

First Step
    1. Extract the files and you must have this stuffs...

attachment.php

2. Extract into a folder.
    3. Connect your phone to PC.
    (REMINDER) Do disable temporary of the LG USB Modem in device manager...
    4. Open LGMDPv1.5.exe
    5. Select Port

attachment.php

6. Select your phone and connect...

attachment.php

7. Browse the folder you created... Select the folder... And open...

attachment.php

8. Once done, the application will prompt some ****ty errors, ignore it and press OK.
    9. Once done, close the selection, don't touch anything else...

attachment.php

10. Press Download.

attachment.php

ATTENTION!!!
    Once you press 'Download' button, please remember, DO NOT INTERRUPT OR DISCONNECT/UNPLUG YOUR PHONE WHEN UPGRADING OF THE BASEBAND! It will only done when it shows 'Download Complete'. The application will first backup your NV2 ( IMEI, Serial n such), then it will prompt like this:

fastboot6.png

Do not touch your phone or pc and get a stable USB cable, don't use broken USB cables (not like disconnects by itself...). It will automatically connects....

fastboot5.png

After NV2 Backup it will shows the flashing of baseband (Amss, amsshd).Once done it will ask for NV2 Restore, do the same thing and wait...

fastboot7.png

fastboot10.png

Then this... Once restored, it will automatically reboots and shows 'Download Complete', that... YOU ARE DONE!!! AND IS A SUCCESS

-Pictures are by dr.notor

Congrats! You have finally got the baseband you want...
    Any question, comment below... If this thread helped, press the thanks button! ;) And also should thanks dr.notor for the files... :rolleyes:
    hi
    thanks for the quick reply
    as i am 2.2.1, it should be having old baseband right....
    is there any code or app to display the baseband version
    please let me know

this only works for stock (once you switch to a custom rom you cannot access this menu anymore):
    1. open the dialer
    2. dial 3845#*500#
    3. go to version info
    4. look under baseband version

Or follow my alternative guide, 110% fool-proof!!!

0a: Upgrade baseband: Go to LG service center. Tell them that your current firmware sucks and ask them to flash official GB.

I have query, the v10e baseband can be flashed on v10g stock rom?

Why would you do it?! It is the same baseband!

2nd, i know how to flash froyo, then y i need waste my time and send to SC =_=
    Flash CyberICS. No issues faced yet.

Sent from my LG-P500