[ROM][32B/Dream][Dec23][Dwang][Donut][Speed and Stability][v1.17.1]

Search This thread

Lyute

Aug 22, 2009
With Wifi Off, 3G Off, Background Data Off and No Activity, battery went from 90% to 84% in 8 hours.
With Wifi On, 3G On, Background Data On and No Activity, battery went from 90% to 76% in 8 hours.
With Wifi On, 3G On, Background Data On and Moderate Activity (Browsing, Texting, Calling), battery went from 84% to 36% in 12 hours.
But YMMV. (Especially "Moderate" activity part, which is hard to tell)

Hope this helps ;)

yohshua

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 13, 2008
New York City
With Wifi Off, 3G Off, Background Data Off and No Activity, battery went from 90% to 84% in 8 hours.
With Wifi On, 3G On, Background Data On and No Activity, battery went from 90% to 76% in 8 hours.
With Wifi On, 3G On, Background Data On and Moderate Activity (Browsing, Texting, Calling), battery went from 84% to 36% in 12 hours.
But YMMV. (Especially "Moderate" activity part, which is hard to tell)

Hope this helps ;)
thanks for the info gonna give it a try ^_^

pgr1979

May 10, 2009
after testing some 2.1 and a lot of 2.2. roms in the past 4 months, here we are.. back to the Best Rom Ever on my G1.

alongenemylines

Jan 2, 2008
Taylorsville, KY
thank for bumping this thread!

I had almost forgot how stupidly fast this rom already was. Now i've got it running at 576MHz, using firerat's MTD patches (still trimming... think I can get system into 60 megs!), made the cache bind, and swap script work perfectly so far.

Only thing I really miss is LauncherPro.

raven_raven

Apr 13, 2010
Poznań
thank for bumping this thread!

I had almost forgot how stupidly fast this rom already was. Now i've got it running at 576MHz, using firerat's MTD patches (still trimming... think I can get system into 60 megs!), made the cache bind, and swap script work perfectly so far.

Only thing I really miss is LauncherPro.

Yep, LauncherPro is the only app from my set of apps which is not working with Donut. What a pity it is, I really like Plus widgets and no matter how cool ADW is, it can't replace LP. Fede should think about porting (even if he is using some 2.1 kernel stuff to gain smoothness, I think there is a way to get this over).

Sent from my HTC Dream using XDA App

Phateless

Aug 22, 2010
Oakland
www.llinkedin.com
Does anyone have any feedback on how stable Pandora and Navi are with this ROM? Based on what I've read so far I'm really excited to try it, especially for the memory hack. IMO, for my usage patterns, the MT3G's main shortcoming is lack of RAM, even more so than processor speed.

fastredponycar

Jun 8, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I'm thinking about loading this one back up on my MT3G.

Cyanogen's 5.0.7 (2.1 OS) has proven to be the best (in my opinion) rom higher than 1.6 but it still has some pretty pissy home screen lag when exiting out of an app even with only 2 screens holding icons and only like 2 small 1 block size widgets (weather channel and battery icon)

Launcher pro was an absolute slug that would constantly hang after even after overclocking and compcache was running. ADW is much better though not quite as robust and configurable.

tworki

Aug 20, 2010
reformated card, partitioned (with ext2) and flashed yesterday, morning battery went from 100 to about 40% in about 2,5 h. I wipped battery stats and charged to 100%, went to 85% while idle (with everything off) in 3,5h :/

is it ok?

i'll test it some more and report, but there seemed to be (in this thread) an battery issue, has it been solved somehow?

alongenemylines

Jan 2, 2008
Taylorsville, KY
zombie thread rises from the grave again!

you probably have a bad battery. dwang's rom was always excellent on battery life. I had a bad battery, replaced it, and i've regained all the battery life i remembered older roms having.

tworki

Aug 20, 2010
o shi, sry for bumping old thread :D 81% after 6h of idle, maybe it's not so bad, i'll try new battery, this one might be old. thx

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
I just found this ROM and it looks like exactly what I want :D
So here's a link to the latest for anyone else: http://files.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=dwang/ROM/&file=dwang-v1.17.1.zip

/me has decided to stop playing with his G1 so much and move on to something useful :p Specifically app development. :D
So i'm gonna go to donut and USE the G1 xD

Edit: I lie. I just set up 64 bit Ubuntu on my church's youth room PC in a VM, so I can build here now :D
The fun resumes :p

Last edited:

shiftylock

Jul 18, 2009
Columbus, OH
Add me to the thread necromancer list... :p I really want to try out this ROM, but all the links are dead. Does anybody have the file still? It would be excellent if you could like throw it on Mediafire or something.

Thank you for this amazing looking ROM, hopefully, I get to use it :D

Top Liked Posts