[Q] Reboots no recovery only fastboot

Search This thread

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
I have a one xl that will reboot after being on for 2 minutes

evita pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-1.14.0002

it is unlocked, but i cant relock it. Every time i try it says fails then reboots. I have also tried flashing twrp and cwm recovery via fastboot, but everytime i try to enter one it hangs on the teamwin screen. I have tried the ruu it reads my phone at first then when it says rebooting to bootloader the phone reboots normaly and get error 107.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
To relock i have used fastboot in cmd and typed fastboot oem lock. I have done that 10 times with the same result phone reboots normally and when i reboot back into bootloader it still says unlocked.

To flash recoveries i have used fastboot flash recovery ********.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

but instead of rebooting to the bootloader it boots normally

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
I bought it like this. The last owner said it happend after he installed a rom. I was hopping i could unbrick it with out jtagging it becuase i am still able to fastboot to it.

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
I've only tried 2.20. I even extracted the system IMG from it but fast boot says it is too large. The only reason ruu won't work is because I can't get my phone to reboot into boot loader. Is there any way I can flash a different boot loader through fast boot.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Just curious, but when you type fastboot devices from the Bootloader, what is the output?

Are you running fastboot oem lock from the bootloader?

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Nothing happens. And if I type fast boot OEM lock from the boot I get waiting for devices

If when you type fastboot devices (while in the boot loader) in your computers command prompt, and it doesn't show your HTC device being attached, that means that your computer is not recognizing your phone. Have you installed the HTC drivers? Do you have the newest versions of fastboot and adb installed?

What OS are you running on your computer?

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
I have the HTC drivers installed. My computer only recognizes my phone when I put it into fast boot mode then it tend me my device name ht253w309354. Fastboot. As for three adb and fast boot versions I do not know.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
I have the HTC drivers installed. My computer only recognizes my phone when I put it into fast boot mode then it tend me my device name ht253w309354. Fastboot. As for three adb and fast boot versions I do not know.

Does your device boot into the ROM at all?

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Yes. But only for 2 mins before it reboots.

If you can connect to Google Play store, download recovery tools, if you have time. From there you could try to install a new recovery for your device. With only 2 minutes you will have to be quick though.

Do you have access to your sdcard from your computer?

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
I don't have time. Every time I reboot I have to renter my WiFi password. Yes I think I do but by the time any thing loads it reboots.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Thank you, but there isn't enough time to even transfer it over

Do you have USB debugging enabled in the phone?

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Have you tried to flash a new ROM from fastboot? It sounds like your recovery partition might have been corrupted.

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
I can if I turn it on fast enough, but when it reboots I have to turn it back on.

I have only tried flashing a system.IMG I pulled from an ruu. But fast boot said it was too large.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
I can if I turn it on fast enough, but when it reboots I have to turn it back on.

I have only tried flashing a system.IMG I pulled from an ruu. But fast boot said it was too large.

Alright, so I have a few ideas.

1. Try flashing a new rom via fastboot. (the following is based on the assumption that you have adb and fastboot in your path)

Flashing a ROM through Fastboot
So Why Do I Need To Do This?
You don't, normally you would flash a ROM through recovery, but why not have another way? Maybe your recovery partition on your phone is corrupt?
Maybe you just want to say "I learned something new!" whatever your reason here are the simple steps:

To start:
Quote:
Quote:
We need to download the ROM of choice to your computer. Once complete find the folder that rom is in and open terminal/cmd to that directory
(quickest way for windows; just hold shift and right click within that folder > open command window here) of course make sure your phone is plugged into computer and in fastboot mode.

Lets see how quick and easy this really is...
In the command line type:
Code:
fastboot devices

Seeing your serial number means we know all is good

Now lets type these commands:

Code:

fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot update superawesomerom.zip

Of course replace <superawesomerom.zip> with the correct file name

and last but not least:

Code:

fastboot reboot

2. Boot into Recovery via fastboot.

Plug phone into PC, connect with USB cable and have phone in fastboot mode, now open CMD/Terminal in the same directory as your recovery image

Code:

fastboot boot recovery.img

Of course name image correctly to fit command or vise versa
Now you are in recovery of choice within your device without it being flashed to your recovery partition. There is a time and a place for everything, can you think of ways this may help you? Sure you can!

This doesn't actually flash the recovery.img... it will just allow you to boot into it. Make sure that you have a good TWRP version.

The previous quotes were taken from this guide on XDA-University:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277112

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yea I sent it to mobile tech videos this for JTAG. The tech said that if it is an emmc chip they can try to replace, but that process for my phone is still in beta testing. And that they haven't successfully done it yet. I think. It's just there way of saying they have never done it on my phone. I'll reply back when they tell my what's going on. Thank you again for all you time and help.

Just use the thanks button... that's what it's there for! And you're welcome. Sorry we couldn't "cheaply" resolve your issue. If it comes back as irrepairable I may be interseted in it, for experimental purposes. I've been learning about partitioning these little guys but am too yella to try on my own device!