[ROM][Ice Cream Sandwich] Kustom Kream v1 for Nextbook Premium 7

Search This thread

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
RETIRED: Since I no longer own this device I am unable to update/maintain this any further! Furthermore it was only designed to support certain models that are no longer sold so to answer all questions NO it won't work on the new ones. As of Dec 20th, 2014 all downloads have been removed (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Rooted and Google Apps fully enabled with offical first run wizard Android 4.0 rom for late generation Nextbook Premium 7 tablets.

Screenshots
attachment.php

Lockscreen

attachment.php

Homescreen

attachment.php

Notifications

attachment.php

Notification Toggles

attachment.php

App Switcher

attachment.php

App Drawer

attachment.php

App Drawer Widgets

attachment.php

About/Settings

attachment.php

Google Play Store

attachment.php

Google Play Store App View

Supported
Any Nextbook Premium 7 in the YF1011XXXXX serial number Series (May work on newer models)

Unsupported Hardware Revisions
YF1212XXXXX - WiFi Reported to not work

Download
Discontinued (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Extra Apps
None currenty

Features
Rooted (su,Superuser,Busybox), Full google apps suite, debloated, OI File Manager, Titanium Backup, ADB over wifi (don't work over usb).

Install/Upgrade
  1. Download and extract the folder from Kustom-Kream_n7p-v1.zip to any folder of your choice
  2. Reboot device using paper clip then quickly press and hold reset until you get black screen with usb plugged in
  3. When windows wants driver give it the respective folder for your os (32bit or 64bit) from Drivers folder
  4. Run RK29update.exe if status bar on bottom reads Found RKAndroid rock usb you are good but if it shows
    No Found RKAndroid rock usb repeat steps 2-3
  5. Leave the default selected items if you are doing fresh install or just select System if it is upgrade
  6. If this is your first time installing you are required to tick the Loader option otherwise ignore this step if you are upgrading
  7. If you are doing fresh install click EraseIDB after it finishes then click Run otherwise JUST do Run
    if you are upgrading
  8. If all went well your Next7P will reboot into custom rom

WARNING: Installing this will remove all your data & apps if you select more than System!!!

Factory Restore
  1. Download and extract the folder from n7p_rescue_kit.zip
  2. Reboot device using paper clip then quickly press and hold reset until you get black screen with usb plugged in
  3. When windows wants driver give it the respective folder for your os (32bit or 64bit) from Drivers folder
  4. Run RKBatchTool.exe if square number 1 is green on bottom you are good but if it shows as grey repeat steps 2-3
  5. Click Restore

WARNING: Restoring factory default will remove all your data & apps!!!

Version History

v1 ~ Initial release

Credit
Google: For their work on Android and the related apps
ChainsDD: Superuser/SU
CyanogenMod: disclaimer
Titanium Track: Titanium Backup
Joshendy/Finless: Next7P1N rom dump
Openintents : OI File manager

Notes
ADB don't work over usb due to some odd USB host mode support built into the stock rom it is based on.

Key
* ~ Latest as of the time of post
! ~ Removed due to future of flash for android (and rom version was majorly out of date)

Attachments

• about.jpg
    about.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 29,142
  • app-switcher.jpg
    app-switcher.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 28,843
  • drawer_apps.jpg
    drawer_apps.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 29,046
  • drawer_widgets.jpg
    drawer_widgets.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 28,970
  • google-play_app-view.jpg
    google-play_app-view.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 28,938
  • google-play_home.jpg
    google-play_home.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 28,962
  • homescreen.jpg
    homescreen.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 28,831
  • lockscreen.jpg
    lockscreen.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 28,951
  • notification-panel.jpg
    notification-panel.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 28,780
  • notification-panel_toggles.jpg
    notification-panel_toggles.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 28,811
Last edited:

JHAres

Nov 23, 2009
Hi mate,

Amazing work...!!! I found it yesterday and I'll be testing this weekend...!!!

Just in case... I downloaded "n7p_rescue_kit.zip", but "RKBatchTool.exe" is not there... I got it from other post but let me know how to use it with the files in the rescue kit... ;-)

Thanks again for this jewel !
Javier.

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi mate,

Amazing work...!!! I found it yesterday and I'll be testing this weekend...!!!

Just in case... I downloaded "n7p_rescue_kit.zip", but "RKBatchTool.exe" is not there... I got it from other post but let me know how to use it with the files in the rescue kit... ;-)

Thanks again for this jewel !
Javier.

The file is in my local copy of the zip.. checking out the one on server and if it's found to be incomplete ill re upload.

ps. this rom is fully dogfooded on my own next7p ;)

Edit: the file is fine what program are you extracting it with?

Last edited:

johnny14794

Mar 29, 2011
Wifi not enabling :(

After flashing tablet from a clean install several times WIFI fails to enable.:confused: everything else seems good so far....

JHAres

Nov 23, 2009
The file is in my local copy of the zip.. checking out the one on server and if it's found to be incomplete ill re upload.

Hi.... just using plain Winrar... nothing special.... weird.... going to download again....

Besides.... I found my NP7 is serial YF08.... geezzz.... I dunno if try or not... I dont know the diferences with YF10.... What do you think ? Too risky to try ? :rolleyes:

Regards !

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Well downloaded "n7p_rescue_kit.zip" again.... not ""RKBatchTool.exe"" in the file... opens fine, no CRC errors... Wich folder contains that file ? Maybe I overlooked... :eek:

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi.... just using plain Winrar... nothing special.... weird.... going to download again....

Besides.... I found my NP7 is serial YF08.... geezzz.... I dunno if try or not... I dont know the diferences with YF10.... What do you think ? Too risky to try ? :rolleyes:

Regards !

1011 and on got different wifi/touch key hardware it seems.

You can get a rooted rom for your model here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....m-ROM-with-Market3-4-4-By-Finless-Version-1-4

Also it has a stock rom linked if you want to go pure stock.

Reactions: wilson pickett

johnny14794

Mar 29, 2011
What is your serial number series? I've only tested it on the yf1011 series and many say the 1011 roms work on 1211.
Hmm no serial # found any where. Bought this tablet at a pawnshop yesterday.:confused:
All works fine except wifi. Am sure it's the rom. Went back to factory firmware and it worked fine again...
Looking at manufacturers site serial # should have been on the back bottom, some sort of green small sticker, but it is missing. Any way to find out? I don't have box either...

Reactions: wilson pickett

wilson pickett

Jan 7, 2012
running great on 1011 model.
the non deodexed rom bob made based on the ram dump was full of
lags and glitches.
this is terrific,all systems go-wifi,etc....
thank you.

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
running great on 1011 model.
the non deodexed rom bob made based on the ram dump was full of
lags and glitches.
this is terrific,all systems go-wifi,etc....
thank you.

Great :) i strive to bring the pure google experience to these budget tablets.

ps. if you want the rockchips video player ill be attaching it to the main post.

Hmm no serial # found any where. Bought this tablet at a pawnshop yesterday.:confused:
All works fine except wifi. Am sure it's the rom. Went back to factory firmware and it worked fine again...
Looking at manufacturers site serial # should have been on the back bottom, some sort of green small sticker, but it is missing. Any way to find out? I don't have box either...

Since wifi don't work id say it's at least a 0911 model since the 1011 and up did change wifi. The serial number is based on manufacturing date (eg my 1011 is from october 2011) and in theroy can be fuond from the build number line on stock. What does the "Build Number" line in devices about screen show for yours?

Last edited:

JHAres

Nov 23, 2009
Hi Kib,

Is is possible to get a ICS version for YF08 ???

Say yes, please.... hehehe... :D

Kind regards !

Last edited:

JHAres

Nov 23, 2009
Well Wifi could probably be fixed it was able to figure out what the wifi module is but the driver arch between gb and ics MAY be diff so that would be major obstacle and beyond me but perhaps someone could port it.

Hi again !

Well I did a Faith Jump and installed.... the ICS is working AMAZING but WiFi doesn't work... snif... snif... :(

Kind regards...!!!

catr8

May 11, 2011
Wow I just got to say wow man am finally enjoying my tablet thanks dude awaiting the next update.

catr8

May 11, 2011
Glad i could help you get past the hell of GB... once you go ICS you don't go back. It may not be the most perfect ics implementation but at least it works.

ps. What did you think of the official Google first run wizard bonus?
All I can say is wow wow wow awesome dude love the bonus, one question though the Google Play wont let me install
it says not compatible but this ics man what gives?, anywho thanks for this my unit booths up & runs extremely fast.

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
All I can say is wow wow wow awesome dude love the bonus, one question though the Google Play wont let me install it says not compatible but this ics man what gives?, anywho thanks for this my unit booths up & runs extremely fast.

Yep a qwerk of the ics stock rom it is based on sadly... some apps that should work wont install. I just install on phone then backup using ES File Explorer then install via file manager.

I was looking at faking nexus s to bypass the issue tho.

Edit: Tried messing with build.prop and all i got was changed ui when i faked acer a100 no app support differences.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RETIRED: Since I no longer own this device I am unable to update/maintain this any further! Furthermore it was only designed to support certain models that are no longer sold so to answer all questions NO it won't work on the new ones. As of Dec 20th, 2014 all downloads have been removed (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Rooted and Google Apps fully enabled with offical first run wizard Android 4.0 rom for late generation Nextbook Premium 7 tablets.

Screenshots
    attachment.php

Lockscreen

attachment.php

Homescreen

attachment.php

Notifications

attachment.php

Notification Toggles

attachment.php

App Switcher

attachment.php

App Drawer

attachment.php

App Drawer Widgets

attachment.php

About/Settings

attachment.php

Google Play Store

attachment.php

Google Play Store App View

Supported
    Any Nextbook Premium 7 in the YF1011XXXXX serial number Series (May work on newer models)

Unsupported Hardware Revisions
    YF1212XXXXX - WiFi Reported to not work

Download
    Discontinued (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Extra Apps
    None currenty

Features
    Rooted (su,Superuser,Busybox), Full google apps suite, debloated, OI File Manager, Titanium Backup, ADB over wifi (don't work over usb).

Install/Upgrade
    1. Download and extract the folder from Kustom-Kream_n7p-v1.zip to any folder of your choice
    4. Run RK29update.exe if status bar on bottom reads Found RKAndroid rock usb you are good but if it shows
      No Found RKAndroid rock usb repeat steps 2-3
    5. Leave the default selected items if you are doing fresh install or just select System if it is upgrade
    6. If this is your first time installing you are required to tick the Loader option otherwise ignore this step if you are upgrading
    7. If you are doing fresh install click EraseIDB after it finishes then click Run otherwise JUST do Run
      if you are upgrading
    8. If all went well your Next7P will reboot into custom rom

WARNING: Installing this will remove all your data & apps if you select more than System!!!

Factory Restore
    1. Download and extract the folder from n7p_rescue_kit.zip
    4. Run RKBatchTool.exe if square number 1 is green on bottom you are good but if it shows as grey repeat steps 2-3
    5. Click Restore

WARNING: Restoring factory default will remove all your data & apps!!!

Version History

v1 ~ Initial release

Credit
    Google: For their work on Android and the related apps
    ChainsDD: Superuser/SU
    CyanogenMod: disclaimer
    Titanium Track: Titanium Backup
    Joshendy/Finless: Next7P1N rom dump
    Openintents : OI File manager

Notes
    ADB don't work over usb due to some odd USB host mode support built into the stock rom it is based on.

Key
    * ~ Latest as of the time of post
    ! ~ Removed due to future of flash for android (and rom version was majorly out of date)

Regards !

1011 and on got different wifi/touch key hardware it seems.

You can get a rooted rom for your model here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....m-ROM-with-Market3-4-4-By-Finless-Version-1-4

Also it has a stock rom linked if you want to go pure stock.
    What is your serial number series? I've only tested it on the yf1011 series and many say the 1011 roms work on 1211.
    Wow I just got to say wow man am finally enjoying my tablet thanks dude awaiting the next update.

Glad i could help you get past the hell of GB... once you go ICS you don't go back. It may not be the most perfect ics implementation but at least it works.

ps. What did you think of the official Google first run wizard bonus?
    Ive got the 1211 and so far it runs fast but after a while when it sleeps the sound won't turn back on forcing me to restart the tablet.
    Great work tho other than that issue! Also is this legit android 4 or just a custom ics themed ginger?