Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Allure_88

Nov 4, 2019
Where Is The Copy Of Our Deleted Bookmarks, Speed Dials Stored In Our Phones??

Hi Everyone! I recently Rooted my Android phone using Kingo Root because i'm trying to locate the files or folders that contain my deleted Opera Mini and UC Browser Bookmarks, Speed dials, Saved Pages and Opened Tabs after unknowingly pressing Factory Reset - coz the Android Recovery Menu was in Chinese language. I'm using Root Explorer and ES File Explorer apps to do this. I read in this particular Reputable Forum, that when you do a factory reset on your phone, it only wipes data on your internal storage and not your phone's System partition. They say the data is still on the System partition of your phone, unless the data is overwritten by you continuing to use your phone. Interestingly, i found that to be true. I found some of my previously installed apps, data and media.

I checked "/data/data/com.opera.browser/app_opera" and i didn't find anything of course, because this file path is located in the internal storage. Please anyone who knows anything about this, where else can i find my saved bookmarks, speed dials and saved pages on my phone using a File Manager like Root Explorer or just anything else? Please give me the correct File Path and File name or File extension.

I'm really really frustrated and stressed out!! You guys are my last hope!!

I'm using Tecno P5S, Android version 4.2.2....

PS//// I'm a Noob. Not experienced in this area, i'm a Newbie just starting out..... So please, go easy on the Jargons and explanations..... :eek::)

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Hi Everyone! I recently Rooted my Android phone using Kingo Root because i'm trying to locate the files or folders that contain my deleted Opera Mini and UC Browser Bookmarks, Speed dials, Saved Pages and Opened Tabs after unknowingly pressing Factory Reset - coz the Android Recovery Menu was in Chinese language. I'm using Root Explorer and ES File Explorer apps to do this. I read in this particular Reputable Forum, that when you do a factory reset on your phone, it only wipes data on your internal storage and not your phone's System partition. They say the data is still on the System partition of your phone, unless the data is overwritten by you continuing to use your phone. Interestingly, i found that to be true. I found some of my previously installed apps, data and media.

I checked "/data/data/com.opera.browser/app_opera" and i didn't find anything of course, because this file path is located in the internal storage. Please anyone who knows anything about this, where else can i find my saved bookmarks, speed dials and saved pages on my phone using a File Manager like Root Explorer or just anything else? Please give me the correct File Path and File name or File extension.

I'm really really frustrated and stressed out!! You guys are my last hope!!

I'm using Tecno P5S, Android version 4.2.2....

PS//// I'm a Noob. Not experienced in this area, i'm a Newbie just starting out..... So please, go easy on the Jargons and explanations..... :eek::)
"Built in" apps, like the phone, default browser, ect live on the /system partition. Updates to "built in" apps get placed on the /data partition.

User installed apps live on the /data partition. The data for those apps are usually saved there as well.

Apps might save some user data on the /sdcard and your photos, files and stuff will mostly be on the /sdcard. The /sdcard may be a physical sdcard, or emulated.

With that explanation, when you factory reset, / data gets erased and reset but /sdcard (also called user data) does not. That is probably why some things are still available to you. If there is a directory on the sdcard /android/data/, then the files you are looking for might be in a subdirectory there. Each app has a package name. It looks like a url that is backwards; com.reddit.frontpage. If the apps you want to find data from have a subdirectory, looking there might[\b] find the information you want.

Using an app to recover the wiped data might[\b] work since your android version is older. One that might work is dr.fone[\URL]

Hunter91

Nov 7, 2019
I have a huawei y9 prime 2019 and I'm unable to switch on Google assistant access with voice match any help, the switch is greyed out
BTW I'm a beta tester for Google and play services as some forums said that'll solve it

Benholder90

Oct 24, 2014
London
So I have a question.

I have just ordered a galaxy note10 plus Snapdrsgon version from Ebay, I'm in the UK.

The listing says the phone is brand new and the seller says that all their phones are brand new.

But I was thinking that people could be selling refurbished phones as new.. putting the phones in new boxes with seals ..

How can we know if we are really getting a brand new phone?

Anyone have any advice on this?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
So I have a question.

I have just ordered a galaxy note10 plus Snapdrsgon version from Ebay, I'm in the UK.

The listing says the phone is brand new and the seller says that all their phones are brand new.

But I was thinking that people could be selling refurbished phones as new.. putting the phones in new boxes with seals ..

How can we know if we are really getting a brand new phone?

Anyone have any advice on this?
Other than visually inspecting the device? Probably not.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
How can i get nokia 8 in edl mode? Doesnt have adb or fastboot there

Adb is available for all devices of those I know after to enable USB debugging you could interact with and about fastboot Nokia devices usually can access to this mode through adb command or using a combination key; usually pressing and holding pwr key+volume down at same time that is connected USB cable to pc and device.

About EDL is not accessible for the normal user before bootloader gets unlocked. If you unlocked it you can access in some devices through three ways, using adb command adb reboot edl or using fastboot command fastboot oem edl or via hardware buttons that may vary from one device to another, sometimes might be pressing both volume buttons at same time you connect USB cable to pc. If device is locked then the only way is using test point method, you have to seek the proper for your model, in YouTube there ate many for almost all devices.

AwesomeVk47

Mar 22, 2018
Hey everybody I was trying to ask that if I brick my phone......then can I just flash a stock rom zip file through my recovery...the zip file is available for flashing from my phone's official website.... My phone does not have a dedicated guide and the old ones are obsolete now....any help will be appreciated

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Hey everybody I was trying to ask that if I brick my phone......then can I just flash a stock rom zip file through my recovery...the zip file is available for flashing from my phone's official website.... My phone does not have a dedicated guide and the old ones are obsolete now....any help will be appreciated
Unless I've missed some other post, there's no way to know what phone you're talking about.

Usually an stock OTA zip can be downloaded through recovery, including TWRP. But full images usually require odin or Fastboot or some other manufacturer's installer software.

That's a general statement. If you want specific answers, you must be specific with your details.

AwesomeVk47

Mar 22, 2018
Unless I've missed some other post, there's no way to know what phone you're talking about.

Usually an stock OTA zip can be downloaded through recovery, including TWRP. But full images usually require odin or Fastboot or some other manufacturer's installer software.

That's a general statement. If you want specific answers, you must be specific with your details.
I have a realme 1
Link of website:https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update

Will this work?......if not then it would be great help if you tell me what to do
Thank you

Last edited:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
I have a realme 1
Link of website:https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update

Will this work?......if not then it would be great help if you tell me what to do
Thank you

I'm not familiar with the Realme devices. But your linked website appears to be the manufacturer's firmware download and installation instructions. There appears to be two methods, one from the file manager, the other by rebooting to recovery. If I had this device, these instructions is where I would start.

As they indicate, make sure to backup your data before starting.

Reactions: AwesomeVk47

AwesomeVk47

Mar 22, 2018
I'm not familiar with the Realme devices. But your linked website appears to be the manufacturer's firmware download and installation instructions. There appears to be two methods, one from the file manager, the other by rebooting to recovery. If I had this device, these instructions is where I would start.

As they indicate, make sure to backup your data before starting.
Bro if I may ask you one thing that is it possiable that if a device was working with miracle box earlier but suddenly after an ota update miracle box becomes useless for that device....thank you

Last edited:

mr Dogoi

Dec 28, 2017
Greetings, im aizrul, from malaysia.
Ive been with XDA for more than 2 years, but this is my first post.

Im having trouble when i try to bypass frp lock on my device< Lenovo Tab T7304i>.

1. I use the software call SP FLASH TOOL.
2. I download the <download agent> and <scatter file>.
3. Start running the SP FLASH TOOL and begin select the <DA> √, and then select <scatterfile> √.
4. And check the download only , also check the frp box only,
* the preloaded box been unchecked.
5. Click the download button, and by pressing v+ simultaneously connect cable the process begin to start,

Here the problem come.
A message popup say,
THIS DOWNLOAD.......... SECURITY OPTION.
PLEASE SELECT THE AUTHENTICATION FILE AND RESTART THE PROCESS.

PLEASE SOMEONE, WHERE CAN I FIND THE AUTHENTICATION FILE,
AND IF ANY OF MY METHOD ABOVE IS OBSELETE PLEASE GUIDE ME.

also i can be reached by :

aizrul.adnan@gmail.com
+601137298730 <whatsapp messenger>

TQVMUCH....

Reactions: AwesomeVk47

Nokia_8_fan

Oct 29, 2019
London
Hi everyone!

New and noob question here.

I've recently had my Nokia 8 hard bricked on me, been a few weeks now :(

I am thinking of doing a full dump of the EMMC, through the Qualcomm 9008, my question is, will I be able to extract my contacts and messages from this?

Top Liked Posts