18/Nov 2.5.1.2 r2: ClockworkMod recovery for HTC Desire HD

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I'm pleased to present my ClockworkMod recovery for the HTC Desire HD (aka HTC Ace / HTC Spade). This recovery has been built and setup by me and is in no way endorsed buy Koush, so please don't ask him for support! ;) I am still testing this recovery, so caution is advised and you use it at your own risk!

You will need the ENG HBOOT installed on your device to flash this recovery!

You can load recovery by powering on the device with 'Volume Down' pressed and selecting the 'recovery' option, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the market.

Navigation in the recovery image as follows:
  • Volume Up / Down to move between options
  • Power key to select an option
  • Select 'go back' option to go back
Step by step install instructions
  • Download 2.5.1.2 r1 ClockworkMod Recovery for Desire HD - DOWNLOAD
  • Download fastboot if you do not have it already.
  • Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
  • Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume down' held, then select 'fastboot' (using the power button).
  • Plug the phone into the PC.
  • Extract the fastboot zip file.
  • From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
  • Done!
:)

The changelog is in the next post.

P

Last edited:
Reactions: fremce

kuailan

Aug 3, 2009
Sydney
Recovery seem to be working ok just like the test. But I still find it strange that I cant mount the SD card if I boot to the recovery using the Volume down and power method. The only way I can mount is to boot using the ROM manager. (By the way, I have the S-OFF and root).

liljom

Mar 13, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
easier, than the RaiderX303 recovery, as it is not needed to go down 3 times to get back menu option and power selection.

I just flashed in fastboot, and it works perfect.

just flash it as you flashed the test recovery!

kuailan

Aug 3, 2009
Sydney
That's weird, i'll look into that.

P

The only thing you can mount is the system, data, and cache. Well the sd-ext (I dont think work, since I dont have ext partition on my SD card yet). I dont even know if we need to partition Ext with the HD rom? (Personally I dont think we need)

Anyway Paul...thanks heaps man...you are the man ;)

Another Feedback:

Both Backup and restore tested working just fine....even restoring from the backup created by the test recovery just fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pleased to present my ClockworkMod recovery for the HTC Desire HD (aka HTC Ace / HTC Spade). This recovery has been built and setup by me and is in no way endorsed buy Koush, so please don't ask him for support! ;) I am still testing this recovery, so caution is advised and you use it at your own risk!

You will need the ENG HBOOT installed on your device to flash this recovery!

You can load recovery by powering on the device with 'Volume Down' pressed and selecting the 'recovery' option, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the market.

Navigation in the recovery image as follows:
    • Volume Up / Down to move between options
    • Power key to select an option
    • Select 'go back' option to go back
    Step by step install instructions
    • Download 2.5.1.2 r1 ClockworkMod Recovery for Desire HD - DOWNLOAD
    • Download fastboot if you do not have it already.
    • Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
    • Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume down' held, then select 'fastboot' (using the power button).
    • Plug the phone into the PC.
    • Extract the fastboot zip file.
    • From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
    • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
    • Done!
    :)

The changelog is in the next post.

P
    Changelog

18/Nov 2.5.2.1 r2
    • Updated to fix mounting /sdcard and /sd-ext via shell
    17/Nov 2.5.2.1 r1
    • Initial Release
    No love on here for panic stricken Android user. ?

Don't panic. The only time you should ever panic is if you phone fails to load to hboot. This is the only way to brick your phone completely.

I suggest you go ahead and read this guide.

Once you understand the process for getting yourself a pd98img.zip and flashing it, go and download this ruu.

This is reset your phone back to stock. The reason I suggest you use this ruu is that you will be able to get back root if you use this one.