The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates

Search This thread

kadofl

Nov 18, 2009
Brussels
Hello Guys,
Am i able to Update EU Retail Jellybean to German O2 Jellybean with locked bootloader?

Best regards
Daniel

princegary

Jun 8, 2005
Right, battery charged back up and booted up so the update just failed. Have re downloaded, began update again buy no joy just fails to update - tried several times. Can't gain root either

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

princegary

Jun 8, 2005
My rom says

81.5.31002.XT890.Orange.en.GB

Can't seem to root so unable to pull the update. Trying it again. Just fails updating radio I think- well that's where it froze originally

uploadfromtaptalk1360210325379.jpg

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

punkrockfan

Aug 23, 2012
uk jelly bean retail, looking for, and o2 jb germany fastboot too

hello developers, mattlgroff........somewhere on this forum i read you would make an fastboot out of germans o2 ics, so just let me ask,,,

for some common people like me......would you also make an fastboot for rsd lite locked users perhaps?

to switch the carrier without unlock the loader, would be so glad to find someone of them who create those rsd lite fastboots ;)

or an tutorial how to with an stock ota

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
hello developers, mattlgroff........somewhere on this forum i read you would make an fastboot out of germans o2 ics, so just let me ask,,,

for some common people like me......would you also make an fastboot for rsd lite locked users perhaps?

to switch the carrier without unlock the loader, would be so glad to find someone of them who create those rsd lite fastboots ;)

or an tutorial how to with an stock ota

I cannot make fastboots for locked bootloader devices, because I do not have Motorola signing keys. That would be nice though.

danielgava

Nov 10, 2009
Campinas/SP
Friday, day before holiday weekend here in Brazil, I am preparing to travel to a place where I will not have internet, and MOTOROLA do this!

ehajeha6.jpg

Sexta-feira, véspera de feriado prolongado aqui no Brasil, eu me preparando para viajar, para um local onde não terei internet, e a MOTOROLA me apronta esta!

Matt, as soon as I get the download I'll upload to my dropbox and send you the link (if nobody do it first)

Enviado de meu XT890 usando o Tapatalk 2

mcskiller

Dec 5, 2012
Friday, day before holiday weekend here in Brazil, I am preparing to travel to a place where I will not have internet, and MOTOROLA do this!

ehajeha6.jpg

Sexta-feira, véspera de feriado prolongado aqui no Brasil, eu me preparando para viajar, para um local onde não terei internet, e a MOTOROLA me apronta esta!

Matt, as soon as I get the download I'll upload to my dropbox and send you the link (if nobody do it first)

Wich previus firm do you have?

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 2

Iridium8

Feb 8, 2013
For some reason my RAZR i with Orange firmware shows a different system version than 81.5.31002. Any chances my phone will ever get an OTA update?
I haven't tried yet, but I assume updating to JB using the OTA file from page 1 wouldn't work, would it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-08-14-13-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-08-14-13-27.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_2013-02-08-14-13-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-08-14-13-38.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 101

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Thanks to user danielgava we now have the Brasil.en.BR Jellybean OTA. It's in the OP, go get some! :)

If someone could root with RAZRiRoot2.zip this system, and run the below commands to get us system.img.ext4 and boot.img for the Brasil.BR Jellybean update, we can have a Homemade fastboot made.

I am letting my brother use my RAZR i for his phone now, and he wouldn't appreciate suddenly losing his data and it being in Portuguese I am sure! :p

How to make a fastboot-able system.img.ext4 and boot.img for Homemade fastboots on the RAZR i:
In ADB Shell OR Android Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
make_ext4fs -s -l 885768704 -a system /sdcard/system.img.ext4 /system
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/boot.img

Then the system.img.ext4 will be on your internal sdcard, and so will the boot.img. You can upload them to a site like mega.co.nz (allows 50GB of free space for any user) or whatever you choose. I can then package up the homemade fastboot easily for it :)

Thanks again to danielgava. Without users like him, no one would have OTA's available for everyone like this.

Reactions: danielgava

danielgava

Nov 10, 2009
Campinas/SP

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

did you update v12 to v20 by rsd lite? receive update to jb normaly?

vc atualizou da versão 12 para a 20 via rsd lite e recebeu o jb normalmente via telefone?

Yes and yes

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Thanks to user danielgava we now have the Brasil.en.BR Jellybean OTA. It's in the OP, go get some! :)

If someone could root with RAZRiRoot2.zip this system, and run the below commands to get us system.img.ext4 and boot.img for the Brasil.BR Jellybean update, we can have a Homemade fastboot made.

I am letting my brother use my RAZR i for his phone now, and he wouldn't appreciate suddenly losing his data and it being in Portuguese I am sure! :p

How to make a fastboot-able system.img.ext4 and boot.img for Homemade fastboots on the RAZR i:
In ADB Shell OR Android Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
make_ext4fs -s -l 885768704 -a system /sdcard/system.img.ext4 /system
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/boot.img

Then the system.img.ext4 will be on your internal sdcard, and so will the boot.img. You can upload them to a site like mega.co.nz (allows 50GB of free space for any user) or whatever you choose. I can then package up the homemade fastboot easily for it :)

Thanks again to danielgava. Without users like him, no one would have OTA's available for everyone like this.

I won't upgrade my phone until next Wednesday, after carnival, cause the place where I'm going to doesn't have wifi.
As soon us I get back home I'll try to do it, if nobody do it before.:cool:

Reactions: mattlgroff

Top Liked Posts