[ROM-CRESPO4G] [AOSP] [ICS] Crossbones v0.4.1 [06/19]

Search This thread

mwielgosz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2010
xbones.org
New Release.
Very small change, just added all languages back into build per user request.
Only a cache/dalvik wipe is required. Flash gapps after ROM.

Download links:
Current Version: 0.1.3
ROM Downloads
Gapps

Reactions: jta462

randyist

Oct 13, 2008
heck ya. that would be awesome.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G Running Crossbones ROM - a badass ROM that works.

abramme824

Jul 2, 2010
NYC
What kernel are you using? As this is usually the issue. The one custom built for this ROM is recommended.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

SG-NS-ICS-06-01-2012 kernel, i've tried the speedy ones, going to give matrix a try and glados

do you have the baked in kernel for this ROM all by itself to reflash if/when the others don't work as expected?

jta462

Oct 22, 2008
SG-NS-ICS-06-01-2012 kernel, i've tried the speedy ones, going to give matrix a try and glados

do you have the baked in kernel for this ROM all by itself to reflash if/when the others don't work as expected?

It will perform as expected. This has been thoroughly tested by many users. Its specifically designed for the ROM and packaged in already. Again I'll recommend the kernel built in and run it for a day or two before flashing any other kernel if you desire. And I'll add to read through kernel OP and thread to be aware of known issues pertaining to a different kernel.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

davieelikewat

Dec 28, 2011
solid rom

This rom is solid! It might not have all the additional features that other roms have, but I've been running this rom since it came out and zero crashes ! One feature I would add is the ability to boot directly to the recovery or boot loader by holding down the power button.

T

tonyk__78

This rom is solid! It might not have all the additional features that other roms have, but I've been running this rom since it came out and zero crashes ! One feature I would add is the ability to boot directly to the recovery or boot loader by holding down the power button.

+1 Only missing feature otherwise than that this ROM is solid!!

zhiwlin

Dec 1, 2010
Quadrant value

I ran Quadrant on v0.1.3 and got 1228, using CPU Tools with standard "Performance" mode (max CPU of 1GHz). Anyone else got a higher #?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-11-08-03-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-11-08-03-46.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 152

ricerony

Mar 31, 2009
decided to finally test ICS and i must say its well worth it. coming from gingerbread, my battery life is now almost double. granted its been on idle the majority of the time, but it's better than before. 1d 7hrs with 30% left.

solid rom and stable!

Ichiban Rei

Dec 16, 2008
This girl is awesome. She has been extremely supportive of my development to this project :D Plus, shes carrying my baby girl!

I couldn't be happier

That's Awesome! Congrats to the both of you! It's gonna be rough, my wife just gave birth to our boy 2 1/2 weeks ago and sleep has sucked!

I've been using this rom with no issues since the start and I love it. Hopefully you'll be able to add some new goodies before you turn full time dad.

deepxserenity

Jan 1, 2012
Thank you! I already have 3 year old so I know I'm never going to sleep again haha.

But don't worry, he will still be working on new stuff I'm sure :p I use it also with no problems whatsoever , I won't let him slack. Lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G on Crossbones ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was created by Developer mwielgosz. One of my roles is to Host this thread.

http://xbones.org

Current version: 0.4.1

This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.0.4_r2.1 source code.

The Crossbones Kernel is included in the ROM which was modified from the stock Google kernel source code.

News:
    * [6/19] Version 0.4.1 released
    * [4/20] Version 0.3.1 released
    * [4/8] Version 0.3.0 released - Android 4.0.4 update
    * [3/3] Version 0.2.5 released as preview for 0.3.0
    * [1/23] Version 0.2.0 RELEASED
    * [1/8] Version 0.1.3 release
    * [1/6] Since we are using http://www.goo-inside.me to host our builds, all versions of the ROM will show when the download link is clicked
    * [1/6] We have a new server hosting our builds. http://www.goo-inside.me Do not directly link to the files and please click ads to support them!
    * [1/5] Version 0.1.2 released
    * [1/1] Version 0.1.1 released (New Years Day release!)
    * [12/28] Version 0.1.1 released (New Years Day release!)
    * [12/27] Version 0.1.0 released which now includes a custom kernel requiring a full wipe and new gapps
    * [12/26] Changed all links as we now have an HTTP server. Will have a link to his hosting services soon!
    * [12/26] Removed download links for unsupported versions of the ROM.[/B]
    * [12/20] Version 0.0.2 released requiring a full wipe and new gapps
    * [12/20] Using a more complete version of gapps, you must do a full phone wipe if you want to flash them
    * [12/19] Version 0.0.1 released
    * [12/19] You no longer need to flash Superuser as of 0.0.1
    * [12/19] Mike is now in the phase of adding Crossbones specific branding. Each version will have changes which will make this ROM unique compared to any other AOSP ROM.

Development plan:
    The alpha stage (0.0.X) will be focusing on properly branding the ROM and making sure that it is a solid base.
    The beta stage (0.X.0) will be focusing on custom tweaks, kernels, and modifications.
    The stable stage (X.0.0) will be focusing on fixing any left over issues from the beta stage.

Source code:
    https://github.com/Crossbones

Installation instructions:
    Wipe your phone through recovery
    Flash ROM
    Flash gapps
    Reboot

-----------------------------

Download links: (Changelog below)
    Current Version: 0.4.1
    ROM: 0.4.1 Download
    Optional: Gapps

Previous Versions:
    * Crossbones v0.3.1
    * Crossbones v0.3.0
    * Crossbones v0.2.0
    * Crossbones v0.1.3
    * Crossbones v0.1.2
    * Crossbones v0.1.1
    * Crossbones v0.1.0
    * Crossbones v0.0.3
    * Crossbones v0.0.2
    * Crossbones v0.0.1

Changelog:

0.4.1:
    * Added Quick Settings to Notification bar!
    * Update to Android 4.0.4_r2.1
    * Fix screen flash bug when turning screen on/off

0.3.1:
    * Fixed an issue with flashing on latest version of TWRP

0.3.0:
    * Update to Android 4.0.4_r1.1
    * Introduce Welcome to Crossbones app. This app shows changes between ROM versions and other information about Crossbones. Expect this app to be expanded before official release of 0.3.0
    * Update kernel with more governor and scheduler selections
    * Added a Torch LED Flashlight. Longpress Search button or use app icon to activate
    * Included a basic File Manager
    * Added support for goo-inside.me OTA updates and included app
    * ROM Manager OTA updates are now fixed and working
    * New gapps are now the standard gapps package. Crossbones gapps are obsolete and are no longer maintained
    * Minor bugfixes and typo corrections

0.2.0:
    * Default Launcher layout fixed and customized
    * Default background changed to PhaseBeam
    * Added Extended Reboot Settings
    * Added CPU settings into Settings app to control kernel specific CPU controls (governor, frequency, scheduler)
    * Added BLN settings into Settings app under "Sound > Notifications & Ringtones"
    * Added Donate button to Settings app in case you feel like supporting Crossbones Development
    * Removed NSTools from build as the features from Crossbones Kernel have been made native in the Settings app
    * Default voicemail number is now your cell phone number, not *86
    * Updated kernel to 0.1.3
    * Crossbones is now available in Rom Manager
    * And lots of little bugfixes that I won't bore you about

0.1.3:
    * Added all languages into build per user request

0.1.2:
    * Fixed long SMS message send (with code mwielgosz wrote for CM as his first Android project)
    * Added Crossbones bootanimation

* NSTools is now actually included - Mike worked with arifhn to make this possible. You will also be able to download NSTools updates from the market if arifhn releases a new version!
    * Camcorder and picture editing effects have been fixed
    * Only en_US versions will be built. Less compilation time and don't have translators for new features.
    * Backend changes for allowing the ROM to be built on other Linux distros than just Ubuntu. (Mike did this specifically for Gentoo as he uses Gentoo)

0.1.0:
    * Crossbones kernel 0.1.0 added
    * New gapps
    * Face Unlock fixed
    * NSTools added - built from source into ROM
    * Settings > About phone > Rom version added[/B]
    * kernel info in second post

0.0.2:
    * Fixed MMS receive
    * New gapps now have YouTube
    * Fixed missing apps from Market (Including Google Wallet)
    * Fixed long SMS message garble - converts SMS > 160 characters into MMS

0.0.1:
    Crossbones brand initial release
    Superuser builds from ChainsDD source, no longer required to flash
    Stock Nexus X boot animation restored - Crossbones boot animation is in the works
    All Live Wallpapers from ICS added
    Multiple changes to how filenames are created when building ROM

AOSP Base Build 2:
    Flashing no longer overwrites custom recovery
    Added some strings while flashing zip
    Fixed minor file naming issues

AOSP Base Build 1:
    Initial release of Crossbones ROM AOSP base. This will be used as the base for building the custom ROM.

Screenshots:

Developer Information:
    Please visit us @ - http://xbones.org or click on Signature Pic
    Follow @Xbones_dev on twitter for updates.
    Email: mike@xbones.org
    Email: jta462@xbones.org
    DONATE HERE
    Just a question and I don't mean to sound rude but if you aren't a dev and you didn't develop this rom why is there a donate link to you?

Accepting money for someone else's work isn't exactly right.

I insisted jta to post a donate link for himself, not only for helping run the thread over here at XDA, but for all the other things that he has done to make the development of this ROM possible. Without his help, I wouldn't have been able to build for this device in the first place, so I believe it to be fair for him to have his own donate link.

No one forces anyone to donate to anyone. But if you would like to, donate to someone who has put forth a lot of energy in getting me set up with the proper hardware and constantly tests each release for quality control so I can develop this ROM.
    Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone :) especially how this should be the official OTA. That's a huge compliment!

Once I build and release 0.1.1 is released, all known issues should be fixed. I worked with the NSTools developer to allow his app to be built into any aosp ROM and he has merged my changes into his developer branch on github. Once the changes are confirmed working, he will probably release a new version on the market...but every new release of my rom will contain the latest version of NSTools.

So thanks again. I've been working hard to provide a great rom and will start supporting new devices soon. I need testers for the GSM Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus. I own a Evo4g, but the more testers the better.

You guys rock

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    that is indeed the case

I appreciate your concern and moderation techniques. Not many MODs take the time to actually watch their forums and maintain some kind of organization. Putting ROM threads that were not created by the developer of the ROM into the General category makes sense. A lot of users take advantage of posting a ROM somewhere first and try to get donations, simply improve their account standing, or boost their "thanks" numbers. Users that do this take advantage of the developer's hard work, which I do not believe is fair.

In our case, I asked jta462 (OP of this thread) to maintain the thread for this ROM over here at XDA. I simply do not have the time to be checking forums all day long. Jta462 IS the reason why I was able to develop this ROM. Because of his substantial contributions, I insisted that he put up a donate link to himself. Users of this ROM need to know that without him, this ROM would never have existed; and he deserves respect and appreciation from everyone for that fact.

I just wanted to really say thank you Allgamer for keeping your threads in check. How you moderate is only fair to developers.

Now to everyone:
    Can we please keep on topic of Crossbones ROM development? Please, no more comments about jta462's donation link or how Allgamer handle's his moderation. Posting about issues with the ROM, troubleshooting, and helping each other out is why we are here in the first place. Let's not allow politics and bull**** get in the way of a good thing.

Thank you
    Version 0.4.1 Released!

ROM: 0.4.1 Download
    Optional: Gapps

Changelog:

* Added Quick Settings to Notification bar!
    * Update to Android 4.0.4_r2.1
    * Fix screen flash bug when turning screen on/off