[Q] Nexus One replacement won't boot up.. help? *UPDATE*

Search This thread

Chubby_Skunk

Apr 18, 2011
Seattle, WA
I just got my Nexus One replacement after my other one's lock button was damaged. I just got my new one today and after I charged it fully, I pressed the power button. It gets to the "X" and then doesn't boot past that. :mad:

My phone vibrates once when I boot it, and then after a few seconds it vibrates 4-5 times in a row.

Any ideas how to fix this? I don't want to unlock the bootloader or root it...

Update:
-Got it working :D

Update 2:
Died again.... :(

This is my second Nexus One within 2 weeks that has had an issue:
1st one = broken lock/power button.
2nd one = won't boot

Last edited:

mddcflimsreal

Jul 19, 2011
Frisco
Man bro. Your having bad luck. Mine does it occasionally where I turn it off. And try to turn it on it stays black and vibrates. But I just let it sit without the battery. For like 30 seconds. Then try. Never ran into this problem with my desire or evo. It was just this phone. Which I find weird. But try letting it sit for a lil.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Chubby_Skunk

Apr 18, 2011
Seattle, WA
Man bro. Your having bad luck. Mine does it occasionally where I turn it off. And try to turn it on it stays black and vibrates. But I just let it sit without the battery. For like 30 seconds. Then try. Never ran into this problem with my desire or evo. It was just this phone. Which I find weird. But try letting it sit for a lil.

I let it sit for 2+ hours and then I turned it on. It worked for 2-5 minutes and then turned back off and got stuck at the "X"....

I have VERY bad luck...

Any ideas on a replacement? ($0-350 USD), I've been through 2 N1's, sadly...

mddcflimsreal

Jul 19, 2011
Frisco
I've honestly just let it sit there for 30 seconds. But what are you running? I think the only reason mine does it is because I soldered the charging port. And obviously that hasn't been done to yours. So it shouldn't do that.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium

Chubby_Skunk

Apr 18, 2011
Seattle, WA
I've honestly just let it sit there for 30 seconds. But what are you running? I think the only reason mine does it is because I soldered the charging port. And obviously that hasn't been done to yours. So it shouldn't do that.

When I got the replacement, it wouldn't turn on for a while, but when it did; it was on Android 2.2...

I got it working again a while later to update to 2.3.4.

Then it died again. I've decided to just return it and either get an Xperia Neo V or HTC Inspire.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
When I got the replacement, it wouldn't turn on for a while, but when it did; it was on Android 2.2...

I got it working again a while later to update to 2.3.4.

Then it died again. I've decided to just return it and either get an Xperia Neo V or HTC Inspire.

Looks like the phone has a hardware problem. Maybe it was a refurb from amazon or something bad happened during the shipment?

Either way, return it to amazon for a replacement or get a completely different phone.

mddcflimsreal

Jul 19, 2011
Frisco
Well at least Amazon is nice about it. Since your trading it. The inspire is better then the Neo.

mddcflimsreal

Jul 19, 2011
Frisco
That's reasonable but I'm still thinking the inspire is better then Sony. But that's just me. The inspire has some good roms too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If it's 7 vibrates it's a hardware problems. Don't even bother, just send it back.