htc hd3 design, revealed/pictures (exclusive specs)

Search This thread

adrian_nene16

Feb 16, 2010
Last edited:

The.Clone

Nov 21, 2008
I would like to see ...

real pictures of the device, specifications (committed) with dualcore snapdragon and at least 16gb flash memory ... and a link to pre-order

Last edited:

mjordan79

Oct 15, 2009
Pescara
Looks very similar to the HD2, and this is a good thing, considering that (for me) the HD2 is one of the most beautiful phones in the market. Let's hope for good specs also.
But I think I will skip Windows Phone 7, really. I don't like the Metro UI, too minimal for my tastes and it wastes a lot of screen real-estate in the home. Also I'm not very fond of C# as a language / platform. I really prefer Java. And I don't know if I could survive with the new limitations the system gives. I have always loved Windows Mobile for its flexibility and, for me, Windows Phone 7 could be the new iPhone competitor, but not the right upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5.
When I look at a phone operating system, I look at:
1) Flexibility.
2) Feature rich.
3) Opennes.
4) C/C++/Java support.

Actually, only Symbian^3 seems to achieve these 4 goals (with an eye to Meego). Other systems seems to be developed with the casual user in mind, Android included. I'll wait patiently for Windows Phone 8 hoping for a new level of flexibility, expecially in programming support. I don't want to be forced in using proprietary tools / platforms and, in 2011 and over, I really hope Microsoft will pay a f*ucking license for Java Embedded. Really good news from the JavaOne this year.

Last edited:

wixxer

Jan 10, 2010
It is very much the Desire HD. By the way... I called my local O2 Dealer here in Germany. He told me that the HD7 will very likely have the specifications as the Desire HD.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

dalethefarmer

Jul 27, 2010
New York
Beautiful hardware. Too bad it's so locked down, limmited and crippled by WiPhone7.

This guy's talking like he's been using WP7 for a long time and is actually able to compare the lockdown'endes of this operating system... What OS would you like to free this phone with Marty McFly?

The comments on here make me just shake my head sometimes...

Mr.Sir

Sep 22, 2008
Actually, it is indeed a real Windows Phone 7 (though it looks a lot like the HD2/Desire HD):

http://windowsphone7central.com/pages/index.php/htchd7

And it is titled the HD3 on that device, but it may be a carrier branding preference.

Why did they give it the 8250 and not the newer 8255 like the Desire HD?!?!?!?!? The rumors must be wrong, giving a device with the greatest gaming capabilities an old crap 8250 when there is a much better 8255 is retarded.

lordcanti86

Jul 14, 2009
Why did they give it the 8250 and not the newer 8255 like the Desire HD?!?!?!?!? The rumors must be wrong, giving a device with the greatest gaming capabilities an old crap 8250 when there is a much better 8255 is retarded.
Considering that WP7 appears to run much faster than Android on comparitive hardware (thanks to not having Sense and all other sorts of HTC's UI "enhancements"), do you really need anything more powerful than a Snapdragon?

I'm more worried about the 8 GB of internal memory

Mr.Sir

Sep 22, 2008
Considering that WP7 appears to run much faster than Android on comparitive hardware (thanks to not having Sense and all other sorts of HTC's UI "enhancements"), do you really need anything more powerful than a Snapdragon?

I'm more worried about the 8 GB of internal memory

I dont want the extraa CPU power, I want the 4x better GPU and lower power consumption.

Graphics on adroid are the same as on wp7, which means Adreno 200 is still crap compared to adreno 205.