Cyanogenmod 7 - Nightly builds starting!

Search This thread

Noz85

Aug 7, 2010
California
www.facebook.com
Seems a lot of people are having problems so Id like to add

0. Power down phone manually then boot into clockwork manually (Power on while holding volume down)

1. Wipe data/factory reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Install CM 7. Nightly
4. Partitions menu > Format System

Step #4 can help you get past the bootlooping problem.
5. Install GB-GoogleApps!
6. Reboot and hello CM7

The 2.3 topic has the links.

Try using Move2SD Enabler so you can move apps2sd.

sent from my HTC Intruder

Last edited:

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Apps to SD doesn't work but that's the only big problem i had.

Signatures are fancy.

sd73ta

Oct 17, 2007
Connecticut
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Install CM 7. Nightly
6. Reboot and hello CM7

0. Power down phone manually then boot into clockwork manually (Power on while holding volume down)

2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Install CM 7. Nightly
6. Reboot and hello CM7

Reactions: Army_Spec_Ops

djmaddogfreal

Sep 10, 2008
Waterbury
Awesome

Considering this is a nightly build, I am VERY pleased with it. Seems quite fast and stable. Was upgraded and had all my apps reinstalled within a matter of 15 minutes. Not too shabby. Great work to the devs.

tacitapproval

Jul 1, 2010
I can't seem to get past the htc screen on reboot. I have tried all of the various wipe methods others have posted several times. I've checked the md5 sums of the build and the gapps file. This is frustrating.:(

Update: Format system was the trick. Thanks everyone involved with this.

Last edited:

crossix

Dec 6, 2007
Houston
No problem with apps2sd here, only issue I've had so far is the trackball wake doesn't wake it up 100% of the time and the battery icon is way off (showing I had like 80% power when I really had 50%)

Overall really solid build I think it could be ready for beta / rc with a few tweaks.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Hmm alright ill reflash and see but i am very pleased with this.

Signatures are fancy.

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
5. Install CM 7. Nightly
6. Install GB-GoogleApps!
7. Reboot and hello CM7

yaswanth.y.s

Sep 10, 2008
First of all.. Thank you for another wonderful release.
But couple of things I noticed, WiFi Issues(not connecting at all which is a deal breaker for me right now) and the font resolution(pixelated).

I hope these will be fixed very soon. Cant wait to flash the updated nightlies.

vign74

Jan 17, 2011
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
4. Install CM 7. Nightly
6. Reboot and hello CM7

Thank you so much... I was able to follow these steps and it worked. So far so good, looks nice for a first nightly.

cease

Jan 5, 2005
Greensboro
CM7 now boots

2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe Dalvik
5. Install CM 7. Nightly
6. Install GB-GoogleApps!
7. Reboot and hello CM7

Thanks for the addition of step 4; that solved my bootlooping problem. I had continuous bootloop without it. Also used the previous suggestion of doing a cold boot...Power Down, then go to Clockwork by holding in Vol. key and then hitting Power Button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks ladios, but i've already tried editing gps.conf and adding the missing lines, namely:

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    C2K_HOST=default or c2k.pde.com
    C2K_PORT=0 or 1234

doesn't make a difference. only thing that works for me is pushing the old gps.liberty.so.

i'm thinking the commit should probably get reverted or made supersonic specific (after all, he does mention the supersonic in the commit message).
    So, it's not that simple... probably more is going on behind the scene.

are you still using an aria btw? i've noticed you had some commits for the samsung aries recently.
    Some devices have their own settings apps. I just maintain the Traditional Chinese translations for those. I'm still using my aria, but not for long. Perhaps, I'd go for the new nexus.

When you mean old gps.libs. How old are we talking here? Does anybody have the old gps.libs handy by any chance so that I can try that out also?
    The oldest one from htc stock.

I made a few zips for you guys to try. The libs are all built from source cleanly with `make gps.liberty`, so they should be safe... I mean the libs should (theoretically) have no conflicts. Anyway, NANDROID first!

(I think those filenames are self-expained.)
    Don't you think this issue should have been addressed by now?? For me form should functionality not the other way around. But thats just me.

Hope somebody in the CM project, the biggest and the best android project in the world, is listening. Kudos on the rest of the achievements. rolleyes

Thank you.

You really need to remember that you are running our test builds. We haven't actually released anything yet.

2. Wipe cache
    3. Wipe Dalvik
    4. Install CM 7. Nightly

6. Reboot and hello CM7

Try using Move2SD Enabler so you can move apps2sd.

A few notes:

• The problem with the install script was that the script was issuing an incorrect format command. This caused cm7 to install directly over cm6, retaining incompatible 2.2 code and causing bootloops in most cases unless a system format was done in clockwork manually prior to flashing cm7. This has been corrected, and system no longer has to be formatted before the cm7 is flashed for reliable operation as of the 01/19 nightly. You may still want to do this if you want to do a clean install with no gapps backup/restores.
    • A few of you have noted problems with wifi. There is no reason to expect CM7 to perform any differently than cm6.1.1 did regarding wifi. If you do, then there is probably an issue with your flash or with your wifi data. We are using essentially the same kernel and wifi drivers. Once again, no Broadcom driver set works with every access point out there. I've selected the ones that seem to work best for most people, including myself.
    • A few of you have noted issues with GPS. My experience with CM7 is that GPS locks very, very quickly. I used it today on a short road trip, and there was zero wait for GPS sync even after a. not using it for a few days and b. flashing a new test ROM. (Nothing changed regarding GPS). AGPS data is critical. If it's out of date, it can be a bear to sync. I suggest using GPS status (free in market) to update AGPS data and sync for the first time. Once that's done, GPS should be reliable thereafter.
    • Quadrant Benchmark does not work on Gingerbread. Notes for the product in market indicate that it does not yet support the Nexus S (the only production Gingerbread phone to date). If the Nexus S doesn't work with Quadrant, then I am afraid we all wait for a fix for Gingerbread before we worry about it any further.
    • For people who noted that the game "Air Control" did not work in CM6 - well, it does in CM7. Go figure.

jznomoney and I (for the Liberty device) and the rest of the CM team are still working hard & fast as we can to bring a full set of CM features and even more stability to this project. Enjoy.
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/cyanogenmod/cm7-nightly-builds/10150118709971183

Liberty is up there... I don't want to be the sacrificial guinea pig though ;)