Schap's WM6 Pro ROMs will be back soon! - open to suggestions

Search This thread

schaps

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2006
Nancy
www.touchxperience.com
Hi everybody!

Sorry for the delay, now I'm back on XDA-Devs forum and I hope to release soon new ROMs. I don't know yet if I missed a lot of new stuffs for our favorite device, so I ask you what you wish for the future Schap's ROMs...
Which build do you prefer? What is the most stable build from the newest ROMs? What are the newest HTC stuffs and OEM soft that I could include? Superstorage? What about other tweaks?

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Schaps,

Welcome back. I hope your personal issues are now sorted. :)

From my perspective I prefer a lite but very stable ROM, as light as possible. Every item I then need should be availabe as a cab. That way I get my own "personal" ROM, without things I don't want (eg HTC Home). It also makes it extremely easy to update apps by simply deinstalling the old item and re-installing the latest version.

Shamanix has developed something along these lines using your 354c ROM, if I remember correctly. This has been well received by the forum. I personally have not used it asI have been waiting for your return plus you have now built a reputation for delivering rock solid ROMS, which is my no 1 priority.

I think taking the super/mega lite approach not only gives the user what they want but should cut down on your workload, and a lot of requests for different things within the ROM, all of which should be easily available as a cab.

So in summary I am looking for superlite but extremely stable ROM with your advanced config tool and all the things you would include in a ROM available as cabs, all of which should be fully tested for stability.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

WB

PS: One more thing; you need to offer an alternative way of making donations other than by Paypal. Many of us don't trust Paypal or have had problems with it.

Last edited:

viewedit

Feb 8, 2006
Mumbai
thanks for coming back

Lite, with big storage and max memory atleast 30mb. thats it. very basic things u can cook in. pls use the latest build.
Thanks

chrisvor

Feb 9, 2007
Nicosia
Hi Schaps and WELCOME back ! :)

I hope all is well with you! We certainly missed you here :)

What do I need personally?

LITE LITE LITE and MEGA MEGA MEGA :)

Totally agree with wacky.banana statements. SOLID rom, as LITE as possible, Melted EXT_ROM (unless you think this makes the rom unstable) and all the cabs in the world to load whatever I want at any moment.

Memory leaks is a major problem for me, which steadily lead to a necessary SR. If this can be avoided or minimized to a minimum, this is a major plus IMHO.

Thanks again for all the beatiful roms you have created in the past, and looking VERY much forward to your new one :)

muskangul

Jan 26, 2007
my coments suggessions are same as above

my coments suggessions are same as
=======================================================
Schaps,

Welcome back. I hope your personal issues are now sorted.

From my perspective I prefer a lite but very stable ROM, as light as possible. Every item I then need should be availabe as a cab. That way I get my own "personal" ROM, without things I don't want (eg HTC Home). It also makes it extremely easy to update apps by simply deinstalling the old item and re-installing the latest version.

Shamanix has developed something along these lines using your 354c ROM, if I remember correctly. This has been well received by the forum. I personally have not used it asI have been waiting for your return plus you have now built a reputation for delivering rock solid ROMS, which is my no 1 priority.

I think taking the super/mega lite approach not only gives the user what they want but should cut down on your workload, and a lot of requests for different things within the ROM, all of which should be easily available as a cab.

So in summary I am looking for superlite but extremely stable ROM with your advanced config tool and all the things you would include in a ROM available as cabs, all of which should be fully tested for stability.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

WB

skhorchid

Dec 18, 2006
Cairo, Egypt
www.netsonicegypt.com
Welcome Back Schap's

Your ROMS are great which differs from many others, the best ROM from you was the 3.6 but it needed some tweeks especially the BT issue, we need to make it a superstore one, good luck we will always back you.
:)

winforall_xda-developers

May 24, 2007
Самара
DO your best as allways

Make the best ROM, without any bugs, make it with as much more storage as you can and it's possible.
You cook much programms, but some of them not needed.
If it's possible make accept from any you will make one Lite version, that should have the best more free storage.

Last edited:

lagoskon

Sep 4, 2006
Achaia
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I dont know in which build you will end BUT I think you should make a 3.54d Lite because there are some customisations for non English environment which they are made on 3.54 HTC official rom and they don't work on other build, not to mention that 3.54 seems to be the most stable from others.Thanks . Glad you are back and I hope NOT to have other problems EVER.

sebastianmc

Jul 2, 2007
Ponta Grossa
a new lite edition

hello schaps.. I do like your work! I´d like u to make a lite edition without WMP... cos I think a few people uses WMP, for ex.. I always use Coreplayer that uses less RAM...
Thanx bro!

lcohen999

Sep 26, 2005
Just make sure you include the keyboard while on phone fix

that is the only reason I had to flash away from your rom.

Welcome back!

D

Deleted member 384713

My suggestions:

-Ext-ROM melted into Mainstorage with Lite-Version (70+MB available free mem. after HR)
-Advanced Config with no Ext-ROM Options (if melted and not available)
-HTC Streaming Media left inside (for stability with 3G Dialers, no working Streaming Media cab for Hermes at the moment)
-3G-Dialer with Smartdialer
-Internet Connection sharing with new "W-LAN Router" hack (patched dll and settings, maybe over Advanced Config switchable?)
-IR-Beam disabled by default
-No Standard File Explorer if possible (this is the worst app ever)

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
I have found the AT&T 3.62 build works great, and 1.54.07.00 radio seems to only work properly with this build (the missing signal problem, i mean).

The other things that need to go: stock file explorer, WMP, and the default calculator.

In my experience, mega storage ROMs hemmorage memory, so if you could make it more stable that would me killer.:)

Last edited:

TecMan45

May 10, 2007
Hi Schap:

I suggestion a new Schap's WM6-Pro ROM with ExtROM 3.62 with CE 5.2.1622Build 18128.0.4.4 (last one for AT&T) and check the last version for each OEM application and additional.

TecMan

Mr.Schinko

May 7, 2007
My suggestions:

-Ext-ROM melted into Mainstorage with Lite-Version (70+MB available free mem. after HR)
-Advanced Config with no Ext-ROM Options (if melted and not available)
-HTC Streaming Media left inside (for stability with 3G Dialers, no working Streaming Media cab for Hermes at the moment)
-3G-Dialer with Smartdialer
-Internet Connection sharing with new "W-LAN Router" hack (patched dll and settings, maybe over Advanced Config switchable?)
-IR-Beam disabled by default
-No Standard File Explorer if possible (this is the worst app ever)

I totally aggree with this post.
Just do your work and create a stable, fast ROM :)

Runs around office shouting for joy :D

Sweet!!! I am so glad you are back!! (Just not the same without you). Whew suggestions well lets see

I disagree with most of the posters here about super lite, there are enough super lite roms on these forums and I generally get better performance with ROMs with cooked in apps (45+ MB of storage would be great if most critical apps are cooked in)

1. Add Internet Sharing over Wifi (per fluxist) in advanced config or as a standard setting, this is HUGE!
2. If there was anyway you could cook in any of the newer stuff off the touch dual (contact mgr, full screen keyboard, pic view, etc) that would be incredible
3. Storage is great but super storage... not so much, I think I get better performance with cooked in apps
4. This is a matter of personal taste (and I usually mod it with cabs) but the kaiser comm manager/dialer/audio manager is easier for me to user one handed than the comm/dialer/audio manager included in the base 103.60
5. Get rid of WMP and standard file explorer (replace with something better)
6. ATT 3.62 as base
7. Oxios
9. If the new HTC keyboard/contacts is not available could you talk to the pocketcm folks about cooking in their apps?
10. Audio Equalizer (HP put one out it is on these forums somewhere)
11. Touchflo!! (I can't believe the alpha is working after all this time) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=334965
Thats it WELCOME BACK

Last edited:

pim_holland

Aug 16, 2007
Bluetooth

Hi Mr. Schap!

Your ROM is really wonderfull, i just hope you can fix the bluetooth problem in the new version!

Thnx!