[Cases] Thread

Search This thread

nikhilv.13

Jun 25, 2009
Madras
got this from obostore took a month to arrive but its niiiice to bad that my photography skills isn't better.
it arrived nicely packed with 1pcs screen guard which was a bit too small.

2e30185.jpg

Looks good... Does it keep the camera lens from touching the surface if you place the phone down?

If anyone wants to see decent photos of the official white case with the flip, with the phone in, I've posted some on the other thread (as had bought it in store...):
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24709083&postcount=14
(saves clogging up two threads with huge images)

mate that looks incredibly cool.. is the white flap obtrusive when using? does it get in the way? I was looking at the one without the flap, but can't decide. Also, same question as above, is the camera lens safe when you set it on the table?

Last edited:

westw

Dec 9, 2009
Stockholm
I am looking for a hard case for HOX. It needs to protect the lens a little if you put the phone on its back on the table. Same thing on the front, I would like the case to stick up a little so if I put the phone face down on a table the screen will stay of the table.

Is there such a hard case?

Steve_God

May 27, 2009
Manchester
mate that looks incredibly cool.. is the white flap obtrusive when using? does it get in the way? I was looking at the one without the flap, but can't decide. Also, same question as above, is the camera lens safe when you set it on the table?

I'm really impressed with it tbh.
The white flap doesn't get in the way in general and is better in some ways. It makes it easier to txt one handed as having the flap folded behind gives a bit extra to hold on to. And while it adds a bit of bulk, it's still much thinner than a pouch or the all leather protectors I've seen for some phones.

As for camera lens protection, same as the HTC hard case someone else posted where it clears the lens by approx 0.5mm-1mm keeping it nice and safe when resting on the table (can take another photo when home if you'd prefer to see it)

Only downsides I can see to it are that you can't use the 5 pins on the back in a dock without taking it off (not an issue for me as I don't use docking stations, just the jack out) and that you have to have the flap open to take a photo, which isn't much of an issue either given the flap will just hang anyway if you hold it with two hands to keep it steady.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Reactions: nikhilv.13

Ashalak

Mar 20, 2012
Manchester
Has anyone got one of the Kolay gel cases off of Amazon? My mate has one on his Nexus and it's a pretty good fitting case! I've got a HTC pouch for general use but I am after a cheapish gel case for work :)

nikhilv.13

Jun 25, 2009
Madras
I'm really impressed with it tbh.
The white flap doesn't get in the way in general and is better in some ways. It makes it easier to txt one handed as having the flap folded behind gives a bit extra to hold on to. And while it adds a bit of bulk, it's still much thinner than a pouch or the all leather protectors I've seen for some phones.

As for camera lens protection, same as the HTC hard case someone else posted where it clears the lens by approx 0.5mm-1mm keeping it nice and safe when resting on the table (can take another photo when home if you'd prefer to see it)

Only downsides I can see to it are that you can't use the 5 pins on the back in a dock without taking it off (not an issue for me as I don't use docking stations, just the jack out) and that you have to have the flap open to take a photo, which isn't much of an issue either given the flap will just hang anyway if you hold it with two hands to keep it steady.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Awesome :D looks like I'll be getting myself one. Mind if I ask where you bought yours from? I'm in India and not many sites ship here :\ plus the HTC store here has no clues about when accessories will arrive ...

c4llum

Nov 28, 2009
official clear case delays...

If anyone is after the official HTC Hard Shell case without the flip cover (HC C700), its available here for only £11.24 with free delivery in the UK, and plenty of stock in

I ordered one of these from Prepaymania.co.uk on 10 April expecting next day delivery as promised - now been informed there is "a delay with the stock being transferred from our supplier" and could be up to a 14 day wait for them to be dispatched (which sounds to me like the release date on 24th april that Amazon are quoting...)

Very annoyed that they advertised as "in stock" and promoted next day delivery and took my money before revealing they dont actually have the cases at all!!

Apparently anyone who placed an order will be sent an email today informing them of the delay - I asked for a partial refund as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience and the mis-selling of the item as "in stock" and was told this wasnt possible but I could cancel my order if I wanted too... not good.

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
If anyone is after the official HTC Hard Shell case without the flip cover (HC C700), its available here for only £11.24 with free delivery in the UK, and plenty of stock in

I ordered one of these from Prepaymania.co.uk on 10 April expecting next day delivery as promised - now been informed there is "a delay with the stock being transferred from our supplier" and could be up to a 14 day wait for them to be dispatched (which sounds to me like the release date on 24th april that Amazon are quoting...)

Very annoyed that they advertised as "in stock" and promoted next day delivery and took my money before revealing they dont actually have the cases at all!!

Apparently anyone who placed an order will be sent an email today informing them of the delay - I asked for a partial refund as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience and the mis-selling of the item as "in stock" and was told this wasnt possible but I could cancel my order if I wanted too... not good.

Mine was dispatched yesterday, & I received the dispatch email this morning.

Support confirmed mine was dispatched yesterday.

c4llum

Nov 28, 2009
oh - they must have kept taking orders after they ran out... annoying! let me know what you think of the case - my phone is grey but im hoping it will look nice with the clear case on...

Steve_God

May 27, 2009
Manchester
Awesome :D looks like I'll be getting myself one. Mind if I ask where you bought yours from? I'm in India and not many sites ship here :\ plus the HTC store here has no clues about when accessories will arrive ...

It was in a Phones4U store on the high street in Grimsby, UK (I don't even live there, was just visiting and happened to try and luck and they had one in). None of the places near where I live had any in stock either, and most shops had been saying it'd be another week or so before they started getting any in too.

Top Liked Posts