Dual Boot Gingerbread AND Icecream on Xperia Arc S. possible?

Search This thread

mety333

Feb 11, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
is it possible to do this on the Xperia Arc S?

I mean stock roms of sony of course, no need for custom roms.

is this done by booting from the SD card?

Thanks for the support!

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
It's not possible to do so. Booting can be done from the SD Card but both firmwares use different kernels, so unless you can make GB run on an ICS kernel it will be nigh impossible to do it, not to mention the time needed to make it happen.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

mety333

Feb 11, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's not possible to do so. Booting can be done from the SD Card but both firmwares use different kernels, so unless you can make GB run on an ICS kernel it will be nigh impossible to do it, not to mention the time needed to make it happen.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

Yes its different kernels thats why i wanted to know if this even possible instead of getting a nother phone tgat runs gingerbread.

Sent from my beautiful purple friend Xperia Z.

..........Technology Discovery..........
http://www.technology-discovery.com

popthosegaskets

Jun 25, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
OnePlus 8T
Yes its different kernels thats why i wanted to know if this even possible instead of getting a nother phone tgat runs gingerbread.

Sent from my beautiful purple friend Xperia Z.

..........Technology Discovery..........
http://www.technology-discovery.com

But why do you insist on using GB? Most JB and KK ROMs are stable enough for daily use, and some ICS ROMs to a certain extent.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

mety333

Feb 11, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
But why do you insist on using GB? Most JB and KK ROMs are stable enough for daily use, and some ICS ROMs to a certain extent.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた

I want to test my apps on a single device that has GB and ICS rather than getting and older device with GB.

If I am not mistaken, LuPuS ICS kernel can boot both GB and ICS.

Is there a way to dual boot both then with that kernel? A guide by someone who did it maybe?

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
I want to test my apps on a single device that has GB and ICS rather than getting and older device with GB.

Is there a way to dual boot both then with that kernel? A guide by someone who did it maybe?

well it needs some work to make that thing possible on lupus gb/ics
you need to make a muflti boot kernel using cosmicdan source and some thing from here and there and using lupus gb/ics as your zimage
im not familiar with kernel things but im sure that it's easier than before because of turbo kernel (the hard thing is finished before)
also you can port turbo kernel to arc
that is alittle easier because comsicdan has done some of the optimizations for arc before
but in turbo kernel gb support in not finished but you can test your apps with it atleast

Reactions: mety333

mety333

Feb 11, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
you need to make a muflti boot kernel using cosmicdan source and some thing from here and there and using lupus gb/ics as your zimage
im not familiar with kernel things but im sure that it's easier than before because of turbo kernel (the hard thing is finished before)
that is alittle easier because comsicdan has done some of the optimizations for arc before
but in turbo kernel gb support in not finished but you can test your apps with it atleast

Will look into it thanks for that useful info!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.