[Q] Don't know why this is happening?

Search This thread

mr wizard

Sep 20, 2013
Somewhere on the Grid
I am running 4.2.2 stock and rooted on galaxy s4 T Mobile. The only things I did to customize my phone is using busybox and Xposed with Xblast that allowed me to change the status bar color on the icons, battery, wifi, network indication, and clock. That's really the only customization I did to the phone using Xposed. I also have Widgetlocker app and just some nothing out of the ordinary apps on my phone. If you look at my screenshots you will see a black box with white words in it. That's normal of course but then you will see in another screenshot that there is a blackbox but with black words that you can't see. I don't know why this has happen the blackout words and it seems like it's only on certain apps that is why I am able to show different screenshots. Does anyone know what I am saying trying my best to explain this. I don't want to reset my phone I did it once already when this happened but now it came back. I also tried fixing permissions through busybox and that didn't help. If anyone has anything that can help I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
mr wizard

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-21-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-21-19.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-21-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-21-48.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-24-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-24-06.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-24-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-01-20-24-10.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 34

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I am running 4.2.2 stock and rooted on galaxy s4 T Mobile. The only things I did to customize my phone is using busybox and Xposed with Xblast that allowed me to change the status bar color on the icons, battery, wifi, network indication, and clock. That's really the only customization I did to the phone using Xposed. I also have Widgetlocker app and just some nothing out of the ordinary apps on my phone. If you look at my screenshots you will see a black box with white words in it. That's normal of course but then you will see in another screenshot that there is a blackbox but with black words that you can't see. I don't know why this has happen the blackout words and it seems like it's only on certain apps that is why I am able to show different screenshots. Does anyone know what I am saying trying my best to explain this. I don't want to reset my phone I did it once already when this happened but now it came back. I also tried fixing permissions through busybox and that didn't help. If anyone has anything that can help I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
mr wizard

The ROM you are using uses the same font/style source for both toast notifications and whatever else you were actually trying to change the formatting of.

You can easily fix it by disabling Xposed, or just the Xposed module that it causing the issue. But you probably can't both fix it and keep that Xposed module.

mr wizard

Sep 20, 2013
Somewhere on the Grid
Don't know why this is happening

The ROM you are using uses the same font/style source for both toast notifications and whatever else you were actually trying to change the formatting of.

You can easily fix it by disabling Xposed, or just the Xposed module that it causing the issue. But you probably can't both fix it and keep that Xposed module.

Hey thanks for the reply. I disable the Xblast module and it work so far. The black box is now replaced with a white box with black words again. But I don't remember ever having a problem using the Xblast on my S3 like I am using it on my S4 now. Also since I disable it is there another way to change my icon colors in the status bar and maybe be able to hide the battery and or clock up there as well? Do you know too how to change the T Mobile name in the notification pulldown to label it something else that is what I was using the Xblast mainly for changing the status bar and label.

I have attached 3 new photos showing the notification pulldown with the word Stormchaser and the one showing the original status bar, and one showing the customized status bar that I would like to have, is there other ways of doing this without using Xblast?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-02-15-06-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-02-15-06-07.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2014-03-02-15-08-29.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-02-15-08-29.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2014-03-02-15-08-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-02-15-08-37.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 26

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Try wanam xposed? You can do all that you want with it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

FemBlack

Apr 13, 2013
Chennai

Thanks,
mr wizard

Hey thanks for the reply. I disable the Xblast module and it work so far. The black box is now replaced with a white box with black words again. But I don't remember ever having a problem using the Xblast on my S3 like I am using it on my S4 now. Also since I disable it is there another way to change my icon colors in the status bar and maybe be able to hide the battery and or clock up there as well? Do you know too how to change the T Mobile name in the notification pulldown to label it something else that is what I was using the Xblast mainly for changing the status bar and label.

I have attached 3 new photos showing the notification pulldown with the word Stormchaser and the one showing the original status bar, and one showing the customized status bar that I would like to have, is there other ways of doing this without using Xblast?

Sorry for the inconvenience... just go to visual tweaks and toast notification then choose toast style as remove and uncheck the toast color and toast bg color and do a soft reboot...it will solve ur problem