[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies OpenDesireProject

Search This thread

TheBrainCandy

Apr 22, 2014
Mustaavalkosta, any news on new builds on Lineage 13?

new builds can be set easily as there's no problem changing to LineageOS repo, but improvement is what we're looking for!
I already made a Lineage OS build here it's almost the same as this ROM except Lineage name and bootanimation and some basic stuff.

last time i edited a CM12.1 ROM and a CM13 work has started, I'm sure Mustaavalkosta can make LineageOS 14 for us if he sees things can get better :)

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
new builds can be set easily as there's no problem changing to LineageOS repo, but improvement is what we're looking for!
I already made a Lineage OS build here it's almost the same as this ROM except Lineage name and bootanimation and some basic stuff.

last time i edited a CM12.1 ROM and a CM13 work has started, I'm sure Mustaavalkosta can make LineageOS 14 for us if he sees things can get better :)
Thanks for bring up the Lineage OS 13 update here otherwise it is so quiet.

Reactions: Lapyyyyyy

kylon

Dec 17, 2010
No plans for "official" builds.

Lineage 13 does not bring any improvement, it still lack a lot of cm features and they are doing things differently.

Same for lineage 14.

I have the source but i m stuck with an error about alsa.
I haven t looked deeply on this.

TheBrainCandy

Apr 22, 2014
No plans for "official" builds.

Lineage 13 does not bring any improvement, it still lack a lot of cm features and they are doing things differently.

Same for lineage 14.

I have the source but i m stuck with an error about alsa.
I haven t looked deeply on this.

Agreed and i don't think CM/LineageOS 14.1 will make our device any better I'm thinking if we make CM12.1 any better will be much worth it :rolleyes:
:highfive: for that

i23098

Jun 17, 2013
If Lineage is going to maintain something equivalent to cm-13.0 branches it's likely those branches will see some maintenance changes for some time in the future but I really don't have any clue what's going on with Lineage and its intentions towards old CM stuff.

Hello :D

You probably seen that TheBrainCandy did a Lineage 13.0 build. Just wondering if you miss our little device :confused: :silly:

I have 2 bugs with that build (no rotation of screen when rotating the phone and no sound on video recording)... Maybe you could take a look into Lineage :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

All the best and thanks for all your work :highfive:

kchaisu

Jan 27, 2014
Bangkok
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Recently, Mustavaalkosta has posted his intention to abandon the development of ROM for Ace in which Saga is inclusive. Well it is about time for 6 year old devices. No matter how the recent ROM have been developed, but the aim is for the new technology. So aged devices would never been able to fully exploit of the new technology because of the capacity of hardware differentiation, i.e CPU and RAM. Albeit Google intended to develop Android Go for low end devices, but it is not for sure for aged devices. New devices would have been exploited current CPU and RAM available on the market. So small memory of aged devices and new devices are not the same capacity. So I would say that Android Go is not for neither Ace nor Saga. Thank you very much Kylon, Mustavaalkosta, Paulb_nl and others of the team who have been dedicated to Open Desire Project for a long time. I am very appreciated your contribution.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM13.0 Marshmellow Nightlies brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM 11.0, CM 12.0 and CM 12.1 builds. Builds are generated automatically on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun. Process starts around 00:30 PST/PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • Mustaavalkosta
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-13.0-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-13.0-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.8
    • Branch: cm-13.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: saga_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button)
    • Do not donate to me, but if you insist on donating, I suggest you donate that money to Mustaavalkosta or EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:

Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Or I'm having other recovery issues.
    A: Download and install the latest recovery here.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: Hey, my old phone is running the latest Android version, i want to thank someone!
    A: Press thanks button here

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM13.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.

Code:
    mkdir cm13.0
    cd cm13.0/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-13.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-13.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
    repo sync
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_saga-userdebug
    mka bacon

Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/saga/ directory.

Q: My problem is not listed here.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies OpenDesireProject, ROM for the HTC Desire S

Contributors
    kylon, Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl, PhantomShadow
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Twrp 2.8.7.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-12-04
    Last Updated 2017-01-04
    Bugs (Device specific):

Glitches here and there
    Headset Mic in call

SAGAOPT SETUP INSTRUCTIONS (see also Mustaavalkosta dhd post)

Disclaimer: You will lose everything on your sdcard if you follow these instructions so take appropriate steps to secure your data before continuing. Also this will be a "clean flash" from the start due to different partition layout.

Prerequisites:
    • TWRP for sagaopt by @jrior001
    • saga cm13 zip
    • Gapps and addons if you want them. IIRC, there was around 400-500MB space left on new /system partition after flashing base gapps package so there's a bit more room for addons.
    • If you have already partitioned your sdcard you may want to repartition it to have only single partition because you won't benefit from having separate sd-ext partition with this variant build. I won't write anything about this as I expect you can reverse what you have done yourself.

Installation instructions:
    1. Flash TWRP in fastboot or your current TWRP (Install > Images > etc.)
    2. Reboot to recovery even if you are already in TWRP. You need to reboot to be in newly flashed sagaopt TWRP.
    3. Wipe cache and system under Advanced wipe.
    4. Convert your sdcard to either EXT4 or F2FS under Advanced wipe by choosing data partition > Repair or Change File System > Change File System > EXT4 or F2FS.
    5. (Optional) If you had your old /data partition formatted as F2FS you also need to convert it to EXT4 meaning converting system partition in the sagaopt recovery.
    6. At this point your sdcard is completely empty so you will need to move the ROM zip and any additional zips into sdcard or use adb sideload.
    7. Install cm-13-XXXXXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-sagaopt.zip and gapps.
    8. Reboot
    The bluethoot should work in tomorrow build.
    Yes, there are a few problems with su on M, they will enable it again when ready
    Recently, Mustavaalkosta has posted his intention to abandon the development of ROM for Ace in which Saga is inclusive. Well it is about time for 6 year old devices. No matter how the recent ROM have been developed, but the aim is for the new technology. So aged devices would never been able to fully exploit of the new technology because of the capacity of hardware differentiation, i.e CPU and RAM. Albeit Google intended to develop Android Go for low end devices, but it is not for sure for aged devices. New devices would have been exploited current CPU and RAM available on the market. So small memory of aged devices and new devices are not the same capacity. So I would say that Android Go is not for neither Ace nor Saga. Thank you very much Kylon, Mustavaalkosta, Paulb_nl and others of the team who have been dedicated to Open Desire Project for a long time. I am very appreciated your contribution.
    I made clean installation of CM-13 sagaopt 20160210 build together with clean installation of Open Gapps 20160210 Pico. I found that the nightly provides very smooth boot up and setting with 30 mins of boot time, However, reboot time is less than one min. Tried not to delete system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so; no keyboard FC sign shown and no keyboard showing up either. So the file should still be delete or rename as usual to get AOSP keyboard working. So far, the nightly is getting to good function, however, I did not test all functions, just regular phone usage. In addition, battery is very good; I am not a heavy user though. Thanks Kylon, Mustaavalkosta, Paulb_nl and other teammate for the contribution.