Titanium Backup not showing any backups

Search This thread

xanderharris86

Aug 7, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
So just picked up my Note 2 this afternoon and already rooted and unlocked it thanks to the incredibly helpful tutorials on the development forum...

So I installed the SD card I had been using from my Xperia Play, after doing one last final TB, and am a little surprised to see that none of my backups are showing up in TB. I can see all the current apps installed, it's pointing to the right directory, yet nothing from my XP is showing as an available backup to restore. Is it just a compatibility issue between phones?

I'd like to restore some game data and some kik convo's... but if I can't I can't!

Thanks in advance!

kimdoocheol

Jan 9, 2012
So just picked up my Note 2 this afternoon and already rooted and unlocked it thanks to the incredibly helpful tutorials on the development forum...

So I installed the SD card I had been using from my Xperia Play, after doing one last final TB, and am a little surprised to see that none of my backups are showing up in TB. I can see all the current apps installed, it's pointing to the right directory, yet nothing from my XP is showing as an available backup to restore. Is it just a compatibility issue between phones?

I'd like to restore some game data and some kik convo's... but if I can't I can't!

Thanks in advance!

this happened to me. i forgot the solution, but i think clearing the data or reinstalling the app worked.

in my case, i used an app that cleared tb cache.

kimdoocheol

Jan 9, 2012
This. By default it looks at internal sd. You need it to look at the external sd. So open tibu/settings/preferences and click back up folder

Sent from the dark on a Note 2
I assume he has already done that.

Thanks in advance!

thenuke1

Jan 14, 2013
Los Angeles 818

this happened to me. i forgot the solution, but i think clearing the data or reinstalling the app worked.

This. By default it looks at internal sd. You need it to look at the external sd. So open tibu/settings/preferences and click back up folder

Guess I missed that

it could very well be that the OP thinks "sdcard0" is the microsd.

had the same issue and thought the same thing. Had the my microSD in my droid X and i just simply put it in my note 2 without formating so when i installed TiB the app ofcourse didnt detect the back up location i had for the DX so it created on in the sdcard0 file.

heres what i did hope it helps

go into Titanium Backup

click your menu button

select preferences

scroll to Backup Location folder

click your back button on the phone and stop at the /storage folder

there you will see "extSdCard" and "sdcard0" under it.

select ExtSdCard and HOPEFULLY you'll find your Titanium backup folder

kimdoocheol

Jan 9, 2012

had the same issue and thought the same thing. Had the my microSD in my droid X and i just simply put it in my note 2 without formating so when i installed TiB the app ofcourse didnt detect the back up location i had for the DX so it created on in the sdcard0 file.

go into Titanium Backup

click your menu button

select preferences

if that is true, maybe he didn't even back up to the SD in the first place from his xperia

xanderharris86

Aug 7, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
Mind super blown! Having tb scan my entire phone did the trick, but even so many apps didn't recognize my saved data... which is a shame, I had a good game of Simpsons tapped out going!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

dk0dave

Mar 24, 2013
Mind super blown! Having tb scan my entire phone did the trick, but even so many apps didn't recognize my saved data... which is a shame, I had a good game of Simpsons tapped out going!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

to show all apps all that needs to be done is refresh app list from menu.

skykid2

Oct 12, 2012
Dunnellon,fl
www.skykid2.org
that tutorial works excellent!!

go into Titanium Backup

click your menu button

select preferences

Thank you sooooooooo much, I thought i had lost a year of info when i opened up tb and it said "first time using this app" message. You are a life saver!! :D

motomoose68

Feb 9, 2011
Taylor, Tx.
Figured It Out!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

I just had this issue after flashing a Rom. I had the correct backup location set and could see the backups in the folder, but under Restore they didn't show. Finally, figured out that there was a filter on by default and it was screening out all but System backups. I've never seen a filter affect this area before, only ever used it to filter under the Backup/Restore tab, not under the Check Mark list of options. When I changed the filter to ALL, then the backups magically appeared.

Hope this helps someone else, since this thread kind of went off track.

sud_ran

Jul 10, 2010
India
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Thanks

I just had this issue after flashing a Rom. I had the correct backup location set and could see the backups in the folder, but under Restore they didn't show. Finally, figured out that there was a filter on by default and it was screening out all but System backups. I've never seen a filter affect this area before, only ever used it to filter under the Backup/Restore tab, not under the Check Mark list of options. When I changed the filter to ALL, then the backups magically appeared.

Best is to clear TB's cache from app manager and reopen to change the backup folder search to whole device.
TB recognized all the missing apps and i was able to restore after that.

Sud

spammy l

May 24, 2014
this fixed rooted galaxy s6

Holy moses- yes this thread got off track, but i'm glad i kept scrolling and found your reply-
I had just gotten a new galaxy s6, rooted it, and though the tibu folder was absolutely full with all my old backups from the old phone, none appeared. It turned out to be a 'filter' issue, and just clicking the green "check" in the upper right corner, and all reappeared.

thanks- i was messing with this for hours before i found your reply

snake_pliskin

Nov 5, 2007
Cebu
a simple rename did the trick

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.

menvert

Jun 25, 2009
After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.
OMG Thanks so much this has been confusing me for days....
The difference with us as far as I can tell is that at some stage we used windows to copy our old backups to the new phone/SDcard...
And I assume the stupid MTP protocol is 'smart' and does some file conversion, in this case, adding .zip to the .gz files...

Anyway I wasn't about to rename 100 files, so I used 7zip to make one big .tar file from my original SDcard and copied that to the new Phone via windows and then used a phone app to decompress to my TIB backup folder...
Another NOTE: I copied them to /storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/ to avoid any other permissions issues... (I am on Lolipop)

josephiskandar

Feb 24, 2015

Thank you so much man, I don't know if I would have figured out this filter issue without your post :good::good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a simple rename did the trick

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

Hope this helps.
    That was it for me too

Hope this helps.
    Also .properties.txt to .properties
    somehow the phone or filemanager automatically assigned extensions to the files.
    I'm using oneplus x.
    Figured It Out!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Guess I missed that

go into Titanium Backup

click your menu button

select preferences

Also .properties.txt to .properties
    somehow the phone or filemanager automatically assigned extensions to the files.
    I'm using oneplus x.

Hope this helps.

Thanks u guys... worked great after an hour of trying to figure out what went wrong. Opened the backup folder in windows & used command prompt to rename the files using RENAME *.gz.zip *. & RENAME *.properties.txt *.