[Rom][4.2.2]Rootbox Salty Bean SE - Updated 03/14/13[Final]

Which version of Salty Bean runs the best for you?

• Devil

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Semaphore

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

dave71670

Mar 26, 2011
Wausau
LG V35
Xiaomi Mi A3
I tried installing ROM, gapps, and reverted theme at the same time and it worked ok.

Another issue now: trying to make a nand back up, shows the following error:

generating md5 sum...
error while generating md5 sum!"

Regards.

I suggest flashing Semaphore 1.9.8sc. All the problems are stemming from the kernel. I will switch to Semaphore or Devil dual boot in next release.

Reactions: Telpesoron

dave71670

Mar 26, 2011
Wausau
LG V35
Xiaomi Mi A3
New release in OP and changelog in second post.
If using reverted file make sure to wipe caches before flashing.

02/01/13
Built from source 02/01/13
Switched to Semaphore kernel 2.9.8sc
cLock widget ported from cm (Display settings)
Latest merges to aokp and pub repos
Custom icon tinting (Nav bar)

Edit: Noticed video recording and playback problems with bigmem libs. Flash patch below. Will be corrected next release. :)

Attachments

• HugeMem4.2.1-720pDisable.zip
    259.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Telpesoron

Apr 24, 2012
Bogotá
Re: [Rom][4.2.1][UNOFFICIAL-AOKP] Salty Bean - Updated 02/01/13

Hi. Is there a way to map the search button to work in each app?

Actually, the search button is a pain in the ass, since I keep accidentally touching it, opening the Google now...

Is it possible to disable it permanently?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

I suggest flashing Semaphore 1.9.8sc. All the problems are stemming from the kernel. I will switch to Semaphore or Devil dual boot in next release.

Do you mean 2.9.8sc, perhaps?

dave71670

Mar 26, 2011
Wausau
LG V35
Xiaomi Mi A3

Actually, the search button is a pain in the ass, since I keep accidentally touching it, opening the Google now...

Is it possible to disable it permanently?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Do you mean 2.9.8sc, perhaps?

Yes my error 2.9.8sc. I will look into porting hardware key mapping.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Reactions: Telpesoron

clepperM

Sep 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
twitter.com
Forgive me if this issue has been brought up.

Running Salty Bean V35 (4.2) my screen wakes for seemingly no reason, and is causing a horrible battery drain. I found a thread on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39625) discussing the issue, but I wasn't sure if it's been addressed here. Any other ideas for a fix?

Also, after wiping V35 and trying a flash to V36 with Semaphore Kernel, I simply got stuck on a boot loop and had to roll back. Is this a known issue?

Been using Salty Bean for months and wouldn't dare go to another. Thanks dev!

imonandroid

Nov 29, 2010

Flashed on my dad's phone, is this version (2-1-13) missing the "long press back button to kill current app" feature? I guess he really likes that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

dave71670

Mar 26, 2011
Wausau
LG V35
Xiaomi Mi A3
Forgive me if this issue has been brought up.

Running Salty Bean V35 (4.2) my screen wakes for seemingly no reason, and is causing a horrible battery drain. I found a thread on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39625) discussing the issue, but I wasn't sure if it's been addressed here. Any other ideas for a fix?

Also, after wiping V35 and trying a flash to V36 with Semaphore Kernel, I simply got stuck on a boot loop and had to roll back. Is this a known issue?

Been using Salty Bean for months and wouldn't dare go to another. Thanks dev!

I have not experienced either of these issues. The wake seems to be coming from an app if you read entire page of comments. I will look into.
If after full wipe data/caches the phone goes into loop from flashing then pull battery and flash again. I have not seen this after full wipe , just after dirty flash.

Flashed on my dad's phone, is this version (2-1-13) missing the "long press back button to kill current app" feature? I guess he really likes that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

It will be in next release. :good:

dave71670

Mar 26, 2011
Wausau
LG V35
Xiaomi Mi A3

02/06/13
Built from source 02/06/13
Bigmem libs fixed
Custom background gradient
Long press to kill app(Romcontrol)
Dual panel at any DPI option
Updated mms app
Shortcut to gallery in camera

Enjoy!

Edit: To those with search key problems, I am trying to integrate hardware key mapping but not successful yet.

Last edited:

Telpesoron

Apr 24, 2012
Bogotá

02/06/13
Built from source 02/06/13
Bigmem libs fixed
Custom background gradient
Long press to kill app(Romcontrol)
Dual panel at any DPI option
Updated mms app
Shortcut to gallery in camera

Enjoy!

Edit: To those with search key problems, I am trying to integrate hardware key mapping but not successful yet.

Thank you! 24 hours after dirty flashing and all seems to work fine. Including cammera @720p , reversed theme and soft back button to kill :good:

dave71670

Mar 26, 2011
Wausau
LG V35
Xiaomi Mi A3
Re: [Rom][4.2.1][UNOFFICIAL-AOKP] Salty Bean - Updated 02/06/13

Thank you! 24 hours after dirty flashing and all seems to work fine. Including cammera @720p , reversed theme and soft back button to kill :good:

I try to put out stable releases as best I can as I can only test so much with one device. We all know how the Qcontrol was very poor for the cappy.
Thanks all who have enjoyed my releases. I do have life to tend to and I am trying to bring something diff to the table for 4.2.2 salty release but, I'm afraid that will probably be the last release for salty bean. I may release something diff for (what I call the black lab of galaxy s) the cappy if time allows.
Many props to all that have helped me grow along the way.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361425677579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361425677579.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 398

Liftruck

Jan 30, 2008

Bluetooth is again an issue for me in the last release. Can't maintain connection long enough to complete a conversation. Keeps going in and out. Tried creating new profile several times. Didn't know if u r planning another release r not but thought I would mention anyway.

Thanks for your work

dave71670

Mar 26, 2011
Wausau
LG V35
Xiaomi Mi A3

Bluetooth is again an issue for me in the last release. Can't maintain connection long enough to complete a conversation. Keeps going in and out. Tried creating new profile several times. Didn't know if u r planning another release r not but thought I would mention anyway.

Thanks for your work

Yes I am working on an SE edition of Salty Bean but there are a few more bugs to work out. I hope it will be soon but I am now with a device w no power button and can not be sure of all and will not release without more testers. If the squirrel sees this give me a shout bro.

Reactions: BTRL30NTM

BTRL30NTM

Jan 13, 2011
Austin

If you need testers I'm here .;)

RAID Xero

Oct 8, 2010
Thank you SO MUCH for making me love my Captivate again! Everything is working great so far and I love the speed of this ROM.

I came from 2.3.5 (finally, I know) and the GPS was always giving me problems after version 2.3. Not anymore. I get a lock within about 15 seconds... indoors. Outside it's almost instant. Before it would lock my phone and I'd have to pull the battery. WiFi and Bluetooth are working great and battery life is about the same or a bit better than it was before.

I got this phone two weeks after it came out and it's been a trooper the whole time. Still on the original battery, too!

Thanks again, Dave. Now I'm not in a hurry for the GS4. :)

clepperM

Sep 20, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
twitter.com
I saw the possibility of custom mapping hard keys and am also interested in this. My search button seemingly presses itself and opens Google Now. Would live to be able to disable this key.

Can we be expecting an update soon?

krufttangoud

Apr 28, 2008

Got your fix here. Do this: go to your favorite root explorer. Open system/usr/keylayout/ long press cypresstouchkey.kl open with text editor and comment out the "assist" line and reboot. It will disable the button. Also, It will automatically make a .bak file so you can revert anytime.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts