[ROM] Darkforest ROM 3.0.5 UPDATE | GSM 2.3.4/.62 | CDMA 2.3.3/.145 [WIP]

Search This thread

tommoose

Nov 15, 2010
Consett
That's because when I added reboot when applying tweaks, I accidentally put the reboot function before the tweak apply stuff, will fix in next release.

like i said mate its just a minor problem, i would hardly call it a deal breaker, everything else is spot on

Also, have DFROTA with auto clockworkmod flashing, meaning you downloads, it reboots and flashes the Rom. Of course you still do the aroma stuff yourself :)

that would be a cracking feature to have.

one other thing, i noticed an option in the miui roms to download mms content while on 2g, what would be the chances of seeing that sort of option on a stock based rom?

tom

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
like i said mate its just a minor problem, i would hardly call it a deal breaker, everything else is spot on

that would be a cracking feature to have.

one other thing, i noticed an option in the miui roms to download mms content while on 2g, what would be the chances of seeing that sort of option on a stock based rom?

tom

Not sure I can do that, but stylable battery bar is in the works, and I am hoping to add an MIUI style battery bar :)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Hey Keiran

I came across this earlier http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525226 and was wondering if you were thinking of incorpating it into ur next update, or is xperia sound better. I haven't risked this on my play, have you?

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

I think it would clash with xLoud, but I might mix it in.
Nobody quote me for the truth here, but I thought beats audio oonly worked if you were using beats headphones?

Keiran

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Sorry, but I can't just magic a firmware so it works on CDMA. That is the last Sony Firmware that has the UXP UI.
What did you expect?
Maybe I should try porting over Xperia S apps to the CDMA version.
When you don't have a device, it is hard to develop, I don't like releasing broken stuff.

Sorry I didn't mean that to come off as a complaint, just an observation. You do great work, Keiran! Not your fault that Verizon has the R800x so locked down. Thank you for even making the attempt!

Sent from my R800x using XDA

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Yes, if you don't wipe data. If you wipe data, you won't get data (pun not intended) because the new Phone application requires there to be an existing phone app. Best thing is to do is install stock, boot, reboot, flash without wiping data :)

ok thanks can I update from previous version to 1.0? without back to stock?

KeiranFTW

Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Look to put ICS rotation transitions in next release and also I am going to do a beta release of Darkforest ROM 4 for GSM users, trying to get data working on the leaked ROM :)

Sent from my Darkforest Powered Xperia™ PLAY

Reactions: Michealtbh

tommoose

Nov 15, 2010
Consett
keiran, not sure if anyone else has noticed this but i got this with the in-call keypad

screenshot_2012-03-07_1615.jpg

tom

ridder215215

Dec 19, 2011
Leiden
I kept getting FC's on the keypad. I'm using DooMKernel (I believe V11), and I wiped data+cache+dalvik cache. Anyone got a fix?

bornotty

Jan 11, 2008
Bombay
Did a fresh installation of .62 wiped data. Same FC and Ph signal problem with 3.1 never tried 3.0.5. I Like the new Sony apps and ui. Using Doomkernel v11.

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
This looks really good, but after going though some of the posts, I'm unsure of data for the cdma version? Eh since I'm not doing anything I'll try it anyways. I wanna reason to try that aroma installer too. :p

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
This looks really good, but after going though some of the posts, I'm unsure of data for the cdma version? Eh since I'm not doing anything I'll try it anyways. I wanna reason to try that aroma installer too. :p

The CDMA version is 3.0.5. It's based off of the UK. ROM. To install it, you need to first return to stock. Then, what worked for me was to clear data, run the Aroma installer and clear data but not system in there. At the end, do not reboot yet. Install the wifi files. I then cleared data once more in CWM. It should boot fine after that. Takes a while to boot the first time so be patient.
Sent from my R800x using XDA

Reactions: KeiranFTW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Darkforest ROM 3.1.0

Turn your R800i into an Xperia S with Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 GSM​

Version 3.1.0 is GSM only and if you install on an R800x you will lose all phone functionality.

Download 3.1.0: http://icxperia.com/keiran/dfr3/DFRGSM3.1.0.zip or via DFR OTA :)

3.1.0 Changelog:
    Code:
    Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 Changelog

- Using 4.0.2.A.0.64 base
    - Xperia S themed by FlamEmo - framework-res.apk, SemcGenericUxpRes.apk, SemcSettings.apk
    - Disabled ALS due to themed Settings app not showing disable auto brigtness option
    - Added Xperia S Applications:
       Alarms
       Browser
       Calculator
       Calendar
       Clock
       Contacts
       Email
       Gallery
       Games & apps (facebook)
       Messaging
       Music & videos (facebook)
       Music Player
       Phone
       Settings
       Setup Guide (needs resizing still)
       Timescape
       Track ID
       Xperia S Live Wallpapers
       Xperia S Themes (work like existing themes)
       Xperia S Widgets
       Xperia S Home
       - Left all stock widgets there (eg. old timescape) incase people still like to use them.
    - Added Xperia ICS Beta Boot Animation
    - Left Update center for people on locked b
    - Added support for New Darkforest OTA application with real updating
    - Added Darkforest Tweak app for tweaking your device on the go
    - Updated to latest AROMA installer, using ICS theme in installer
    - Removed GSM Mods: Custom Home and Custom Theme, I don't think they are needed as you can apply them yourself easily, this saves downloading something you don't want.

Version 3.1.0 is in testing, and is using Xperia S applications, some issues are:
    Code:
    Setup Wizard needs either replacing or resizing
    Timescape needs resizing, although I think it looks fine
    There is a bug in the smart dialer, the * button, a bit of it doesn't show, this doesn't affect functionality.

If you like my work and you would like to help me save towards a university fund, please donate here: http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4344506

If you are a CDMA user, due to old framework, some of the mods I have applied to the GSM version will not work on the CDMA version. If anyone manages to get any of the Xperia S applications running on the CDMA ROM, please tell me which ones, as I don't have a device for myself.
    Download for CDMA & GSM 3.0.5: http://darkforestgroup.com/forum/index.php/topic,11307.0.html

Download for 3.1.0 coming soon :)

Screenshots here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23212672&postcount=222#

Regards,

The Darkforest Group Android Development Team - Keiran - Jonny
    Darkforest ROM 3.1.0 GSM Released!

Download and other details on first post!

Keiran
    3.1.0 GSM Update Preview:
    Xperia S Themed (took theme from Arc S theme thread, will find out where and leave credit)
    Added NEW Xperia S timescape, alarms, dialer, home, settings, widgets
    Left old widgets incase people would like to use them
    Added support for NEW DFR OTA app with UPDATE function enabled!
    Some stuff I forgot :)
    ETA is tomorrow :)

About CDMA, I don't have the device for testing, but I will see what I can do :)

Current GSM Look for upcoming update:

52848bdf-3581-358d.jpg

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY
    I still pressed the Thanks-Button for your incredible work mate. Young devs have to be supported :)

The reason I do all this is because we are a small community and Sony Ericsson don't attract big developers such as LeeDrOiD and mike1986, so its easier to get to learn about people here. In the other sections I only have a few friends, here I have many :)

Plus, developing for the R800x is cool because there is nothing better than one upping Verizon lol

Keiran

I'm not saying I am abandoning this, because I am not, but I am finding less and less time to post here and development time has been cut back too.
    Currently I am at comprehensive school in the UK, and I am doing my GSCE's, and I'm getting worried that I'm spending too much time on here.
    So, I am only probably being able to post releases here, because I don't have the time to post and check two forums each day, so if you have a problem and nobody could help you then drop me a personal message.
    If you urgently need me then you can find me (Keiran) on The Darkforest Group Forums.
    This isn't a goodbye, you will just see me less.
    Hope you don't feel like I am ditching you all,

Keiran